Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Today my total zooms for the rolling month hit 101.

 

I have been contributing since 2010 and during that time, I reached the 90s on two separate occasions, only to see them fall back again, never breaking 100.

 

A couple of months ago, I was on about 65, but recently there has seen a surprising surge for no obvious reason. I hope they eventually translate into sales.

 

I am curious of the following:

 

1. What are your current total zooms for the rolling month?

2. What is the highest total zooms you have ever had for the rolling month?

3. When did you achieve your highest?

 

Thanks

 

Andy

 

Edited by andremichel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations Andy on a good number for the rolling month. For me, with 26000 images on sale (ie pretty much twice your numbers) my  zoom numbers for the rolling month (ie 22/9-21/10) are 223. 

Highest number of zooms I have ever had in a month are 294, and that was March of this year

 

Regards

Kumar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doc, you must have just broken measures. 😂

Fortunately I have my data offline.

 

Max monthly zooms:

Apr 2008 - 114

Jun 2008 - 106

Mar 2018 - 116

Which is not saying a lot.

So

 

Average monthly views - zooms:

2007 - 3253 - 37

2008 - 7356 - 70

2009 - 3972 - 37

2010 - 5054 - 25.6

2011 - 4824 - 25.6

2012 - 4739 - 27.3

2013 - 6671 - 35.33

2014 - 8167 - 42

2015 - 8239 - 64.25

2016 - 8808 - 76.8

2017 - 6398 - 64.5

2018 - 7239 - 62

2019 - 7295 - 67.3

 

wim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Doc said:

Congratulations Andy on a good number for the rolling month. For me, with 26000 images on sale (ie pretty much twice your numbers) my  zoom numbers for the rolling month (ie 22/9-21/10) are 223. 

Highest number of zooms I have ever had in a month are 294, and that was March of this year

 

Regards

Kumar

Impressive numbers especially the 294.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Doc, you must have just broken measures. 😂

Fortunately I have my data offline.

 

Max monthly zooms:

Apr 2008 - 114

Jun 2008 - 106

Mar 2018 - 116

Which is not saying a lot.

So

 

Average monthly views - zooms:

2007 - 3253 - 37

2008 - 7356 - 70

2009 - 3972 - 37

2010 - 5054 - 25.6

2011 - 4824 - 25.6

2012 - 4739 - 27.3

2013 - 6671 - 35.33

2014 - 8167 - 42

2015 - 8239 - 64.25

2016 - 8808 - 76.8

2017 - 6398 - 64.5

2018 - 7239 - 62

2019 - 7295 - 67.3

 

wim

Some big fluctuations in your averages. Considering your sales are consistently strong and outperform most of us, it is surprising to see some averages as low as 25. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You beat me Andy.  Since January, I've seen monthly zooms of 43 to 82, with an average of 57. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

49 for the rolling month

 

78 in September, which was more zoomy that usual

 

otherwise too lackadaisical to keep detailed stats

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Reimar said:

You beat me Andy.  Since January, I've seen monthly zooms of 43 to 82, with an average of 57. 

 

If I ignore the mysterious recent surge, then we are pretty similar.

 

I just checked over 12 months from October to October and my average is only 55 (generally not been having a great year).

Edited by andremichel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

49 for the rolling month

 

78 in September, which was more zoomy that usual

 

otherwise too lackadaisical to keep detailed stats

 

 

Considering your sales have been outperforming this year, it isn't obvious from your Zoom numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, andremichel said:

Considering your sales have been outperforming this year, it isn't obvious from your Zoom numbers.

 

2019 is already my best year ever for sales (144 so far).

 

I averaged about 47 zooms per month so far this year (Jan. to Sept.).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a couple of times earlier this year when the rolling zooms count went over the 100 mark, only to fall again the following day.  The only one that's stuck in my records is July 2019 when I went to 104 for the month. Currently running at 80 for the rolling month, nearly identical to my last 12 months average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

Had a couple of times earlier this year when the rolling zooms count went over the 100 mark, only to fall again the following day.  The only one that's stuck in my records is July 2019 when I went to 104 for the month. Currently running at 80 for the rolling month, nearly identical to my last 12 months average.

 

Those are impressive numbers. Given your plants specialty, though, I imagine that clients need to do a lot of zooming, perhaps more than with other subjects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I see that when the view is set to large thumbnails, instead of a mouse-over popping up a larger view, a prompt to download the image is there along with the caption.

 

That might lead to more customers clicking on the images to see them better and not portend increased sales. The small thumbnails still have the popups.

Edited by DDoug
brevity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had 20 zooms yesterday but a lot were of the same/closely related locations ( Southwold and Walberswick)

 

The total of images zoomed was 218.

 

So my ratio  of 20/218 doesn't seem all that brilliant - more a measure of the 'zoom propensity' of the searcher(s).

Edited by geogphotos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

So my ratio  of 20/218 doesn't seem all that brilliant - more a measure of the 'zoom propensity' of the searcher(s).

That sort of event does tend to give a distorted picture.

 

28 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

I had 20 zooms yesterday but a lot were of the same/closely related locations ( Southwold and Walberswick)

 

I need to get some shots of Southwold and Walberswick (wherever that is). There is a clear gap in my port.   🤔

Edited by andremichel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect it will fall back soon, but just hit a new high of 104 today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, andremichel said:

That sort of event does tend to a distorted picture.

 

I need to get some shots of Southwold and Walberswick (wherever that is). There is a clear gap in my port.   🤔

 

 

Nah, done to death. 😉

 

Actually it is one of the localish locations that I consider that I have 'done' but actually haven't been there for quite a few years and many of my pics could be improved (in other words not very good!)

Edited by geogphotos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

 

Those are impressive numbers. Given your plants specialty, though, I imagine that clients need to do a lot of zooming, perhaps more than with other subjects.

You're probably right, John.  Over half my sales come from previously zoomed images which could suggest that specialist collections attract more zooms due to the need for more detailed checking.  Though my scientific and statistical training tells me that's likely an extrapolation too far based on the evidence from only one contributor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best ever was 82 on the 14th. June 2017 (I keep daily records!) with 7856 images for sale.

 

This months best is 45, with an average of 36, with 11009 images for sale.

 

John.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something odd going on with my zooms though not complaining. 

 

August : 50

September : 81

October : 107

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am averaging around 60 zooms per month. Arguably it ought to be more for a portfolio of over 15,000. I have gradually been tightening up on my keywords and deleting poorer images. Still a way to go, though...

Edited by Sally
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another 10 zooms overnight pushing my month's rolling to a new high for me of 113

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.