Have you found any Alamy Images in use MARCH 2019

Cheers Steven

10/03/2019, Observer, p1, Indian dance group in Million Women Rise event in Trafalgar Sq, RXDT66, imageplotter [Via Live News. Alamy credit only]
10/03/2019, Observer, p3, eating oysters at Whitstable harbour, DJCMMP, Steve Vidler [Alamy credit only]
10/03/2019, Observer, p5, still from Peterloo, PK81J5, Lifestyle pictures [Alamy credit only]
10/03/2019, Observer, p18, Norwich, HNNW7P, travelbild [Alamy credit only]
10/03/2019, Observer, p18, aerial view of London N4, AJBAKY, Andrew Holt [Alamy credit only]
10/03/2019, Observer, p19, police on Andover estate in Finsbury Park, ARTH0B, Dan Atkin [Alamy credit only]
10/03/2019, Observer, p25, Muslim tour group at ancient Roman city of Hierapolis, R0JFFF, Sergio Azenha [Alamy credit only]
10/03/2019, Observer, p26, Million Women Rise event in London, RXDMAY, Imageplotter [via Live News]
10/03/2019, Observer, p31, students in Copenhagen, EWK823, Niels Quist
10/03/2019, Observer, p47, Carolee Schneemann, J4EBBJ, Felix Hörhager/dpa [cutout]
10/03/2019, Observer, p50, kebab shops in Shoreditch, H0D2M6, Sylvie JARROSSAY [Alamy credit only]
10/03/2019, Observer [Magazine], p3 & p39, cabbage white butterfly feeding on hyssop flowers, G3CXA3, B LaRue [Alamy credit only]
10/03/2019, Observer [Magazine], p39, bunch of lovage, P98NK3, Picture Partners [Alamy credit only]
10/03/2019, Observer [Review section], p11, Patricia Clarkson in Out of Blue, RGRAX2, AF archive [Cropped. Alamy credit only]
10/03/2019, Observer [Review section], p30, still from The Kindergarten Teacher, PWKPYA, Everett Collection Inc [Alamy credit only]
10/03/2019, Observer [Review section], p44, lone woman returns to her car in a lonely underground car park, CXK9N5, Marc Hill
10/03/2019, Observer [Review section], p47, mother holding her 2 month old baby, C96231, Science Photo Library [Alamy credit only]

32 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Thanks for your good thoughts and words.  Had a whole bunch of shoots scheduled...all were canceled.  Will be very bored but can only use one hand right now.  I really enjoy this forum and all the great personalities.  I will posting as I can!

I broke my left arm a few years ago and I'm left-handed.  I tried to use the mouse with my right hand but it was a hopeless task, however I bought a tracker ball mouse and this was much easier to use with my 'wrong' hand.  I would recommend one if you are in the same position. I still use the tracker ball occasionally when I'm using a graphics tablet - saves having to put the pen down when I want to whizz the cursor over to the second monitor.

I was recommended by several people (one a nurse) to take a calcium tablet per day - it's supposed to help heal the bones.  Of course, whether it made any difference or not I'll never know but it certainly did no harm.

7 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Hey all.  I have pics to report but I am physically out of commission for a while.  I took a tumble down my back steps the other night and just home from the hospital with multiple fractures in my left arm.  Typing is quite difficult for now.  I will post when I can.  And no, I wasn’t drinking just took a bad step in the dark. 🤕

Very sorry to hear that. It doesn't sound like much fun. Hope you have a swift recovery.

Both my arms are working at the moment. However, I never manage to find any Alamy images, so it doesn't make much difference.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Michael, get well soon! 

It's easily done, some years ago I tripped over some stuff left on our stairs and took a tumble, ankle in a cast for weeks, but no apparent long term damage. I was working full time then and tried to get there but was told that, due to health and safety concerns, I wouldn't be allowed to darken the doors. Worked from home as best I could, bored witless.

Cheers Doc!

Times 11th

roger parkes    Clean air campaigners and their kids gather at at the back entrance to St Mary's C of E school, Walthamstow E17. Image ID: RJYWJT

London, UK. 23rd Jan, 2019. Winvisible and Single Mothers Self-Defence protest against Universal Credit and its effect on Disabled people and Single Mothers outside the Royal Courts of Justice Credit: George Cracknell Wright/Alamy Live News - Image ID: RERKKY

Newhaven, East Sussex, UK. 10th March 2019. Massive waves smash into the cast iron lighthouse at Newhaven, East Sussex, as gale force winds whip the South coast. © Peter Cripps/Alamy Live News - Image ID: RXH3BD

DBURKE    British Police Officers in London England UK - Image ID: A1WHE5

Matthew Horwood    A Deliveroo rider on a moped making a food delivery in Cardiff, Wales, UK. - Image ID: J8RC3D

Insook Gardiner    A woman holding Antidepressants Citalopram 10mg, Celexa - Image ID: JF6WW8

Srinagar, Indian-controlled Kashmir. 9th Mar, 2019. Recruits of the Indian army's Jammu and Kashmiri Light Infantry Regiment (JKLIR) march during a passing-out parade in Srinagar, the summer capital of Indian-controlled Kashmir, March 9, 2019. A total of 152 recruits were formally inducted into the Indian army after completing their training. Credit: Javed Dar/Xinhua/Alamy Live News - Image ID: RXDH5N

Scottish Edition

Glasgow, UK. 15th February 2019. Children gather in front of Glasgow City Chambers as part of the Climate Change Strike protest. Hundreds of students and school pupils across Scotland took part in this week’s first UK-wide youth strikes, calling for governments around the world to take urgent action on climate change. Credit: Andy Catlin/Alamy Live News - Image ID: RMPG04

Danita Delimont  Fair Isle. in the far north of Scotland. North Lighthouse, built in 1892 by D and C Stevenson. Scotland, Shetland Islands (Large format sizes available) - Image ID: J2F0HC

Sean Prior  Woman sitting on bed in bedroom - Image ID: HWFKG8

Dundee, UK. 17th September 2018. All barriers have been removed at the V&A Design Museum allowing full access to its dramatic exterior. © Stephen Finn/Alamy Live News - Image ID: PM9CB2

Scottish ? countryside - can't find it

Glasgow, Scotland, UK. 25th January 2019. Various scenes showing different views from around the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital. There have been 2 patient deaths reported recently which it is believed are linked to infections contracted through pigeon droppings. Credit: Colin Fisher/Alamy Live News - Image ID: RFHAPD

Dens Park, Dundee, UK. 9th Mar, 2019. Ladbrokes Premiership football, Dundee versus Heart of Midlothian; Marcus Godinho of Heart of Midlothian competes in the air with Andy Dales of Dundee Credit: Action Plus Sports/Alamy Live News- Image ID: RXDT3B

Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh, UK. 9th Mar, 2019. Guinness Six Nations rugby, Scotland versus Wales; Josh Adams of Wales avoids a tackle and runs in a try for Wales Credit: Action Plus Sports/Alamy Live News - Image ID: RXDNCD

Irish Edition

Catchlight Visual Services Shared Child Custody contact rights: Dad holding or cherish teenage girl at waterfront; back view anonymous, vulnerable child SerieCVS100029054 - Image ID: BJG8P0

David Lyons  Songjiang, Shanghai, China. Chinese family shopping inside Tesco supermarket. Aisle shelves displaying packaged dairy produce - Image ID: BRHJJM

London, Britain. 18th Mar, 2018. London Mayor Sadiq Khan (C) delivers a speech on Trafalgar Square after the parade to celebrate St. Patrick's Day in London, Britain, on March 18, 2018. Credit: Ray Tang/Xinhua/Alamy Live News - Image ID: M8M6KH

Kevin Britland  building contractors at work on housing on a construction site, cornwall, uk - Image ID: C1BCG2

World

AL GRILLO/ZUMAPRESS/ALAMY Nicholas Petit leads dog sled race across Alaska - can't find it, lapsed live news?

Business

Radharc Images  mans hand using door knocker on wooden door instead of bell cold calling household - Image ID: ADW4TX

Sunset in Crosby, Merseyside. 19th March 2018. UK Weather. After a beautiful spring like day of sunshine and blue skies, a stunning sunset comes to rest in between the blades on the Burbo Bank wind farm off the coastline near Crosby in Merseyside. Credit: Cernan Elias/Alamy Live News - Image ID: M8PT6E

Ross Jolliffe   Yellow demolition crane indicates towards Interserve sign - Image ID: D5WTHE

Times 2

Wavebreak Media ltd  Man using mobile phone in bathroom - Image ID: PK42E2

10 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Thanks for your good thoughts and words.  Had a whole bunch of shoots scheduled...all were canceled.  Will be very bored but can only use one hand right now.  I really enjoy this forum and all the great personalities.  I will posting as I can!

Sorry to hear about the mishap.

It might be worth having a play with the built-in voice recognition software - it is way better than it used to be - and if it does not work can still provide a few giggles as you see what it thought you said.  It wont take photos for you but can make it a lot easier to keep in touch on forums and such like.  It certainly takes the pressure off the arms when typing is a problem.

GEO.de
https://www.geo.de/reisen/reiseziele/21033-bstr-zehn-highlights-andalusien
Zehn Highlights in Andalusien
Ten Highlights in Andalusia

Conil de la Frontera. Calas de Roche, Roche Cape, Costa de la Luz. White Town, Cadiz Province. Andalucia. Spain.
KGCTD4 Mauritius Images / Jam World Images / Alamy RM

Kitesurfing, Kiteboarding, Kiteboarders, Kitesurfers at beach Valdevaqueros, Cadiz, Andalusia, Spain
K80MNN Mauritius Images / Perry van Munster / Alamy RM

P.S., very sorry to hear of your mishap, Michael.

22 hours ago, Clare Gainey said:

Guardian Online

MKTR0K Life’s Like That  Kingsgate castle, originally a stable block built in the 1760's is now converted to apartments

Thanks for the spot Clare

14 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Hey all.  I have pics to report but I am physically out of commission for a while.  I took a tumble down my back steps the other night and just home from the hospital with multiple fractures in my left arm.  Typing is quite difficult for now.  I will post when I can.  And no, I wasn’t drinking just took a bad step in the dark. 🤕

Michael - very sorry to hear this! Get better soon!

Cheers

Kumar

Guardian Online  11/03/19
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/mar/11/ban-cars-from-idling-near-schools-say-uk-public-health-chiefs

keith morris    Queues of cars - parents waiting to collect children outside Plascrug Primary school Aberystwyth Wales UK - Image ID: B446XJ

11/03/2019, Guardian, p5, girls in high wind at Blackpool, RXH4DW, MediaWorldImages [Via Live News]
11/03/2019, Guardian, p5, lighthouse at Newhaven hit by waves, RXH3BD, Peter Cripps [Via Live News]
11/03/2019, Guardian [Journal section], p11, euro coins, BPYXRW, L A Heusinkveld [No credit - poss not via Alamy]
11/03/2019, Guardian G2, p2, woman painting fence, P9HYN5, Eichinger Hannes [RF & no credit - poss not new sale via Alamy]

09/03/2019, Economist, p23, Lord Kumar Bhattacharyya, M7YKH8, Andrew Fox [RF & no credit - poss not new sale via Alamy]
09/03/2019, Economist, p34, Tony Evers at a Democratic campaign rally in Wisconsin, R0Y392, Sara Stathas [RF & no credit - poss not new sale via Alamy]
09/03/2019, Economist, p37, Kamala Harris, RMPMN7, Richard Ellis [No credit - poss not via Alamy]
09/03/2019, Economist, p47, melon seller in Samarkand, DE9HP4, LOC [Cropped. No credit - poss not via Alamy]

ISSN:  0013-0613

Times 12th

Damian Waters    A walker admiring the view from Kinder Scout, above Edale, Derbyshire, England - Image ID: RN2ARR

Ian Dagnall    Pennine Way. Signpost for The Pennine Way near its start in Edale, Peak District National Park, Derbyshire, England, UK - Image ID: C7X4HT

London, UK. 4th Feb, 2019. MP Steve Baker talks to the media outside the Cabinet Office. Credit: George Cracknell Wright/Alamy Live News - Image ID: RHX3T6

lolostock     Close up on a man's fist with a woman in the background - Image ID: DFMC1M

Granger Historical Picture Archive   LISBON EARTHQUAKE, 1755. /nThe earthquake in Lisbon, Portugal, 1 November 1755. Color wood engraving. - Image ID: FFA861

YAY Media AS   Hospital corridor trolley - Image ID: DCYPTN

Amazon Echo Plus displayed inside a showroom in Yokohama MID Base Tower Residence on November 22, 2017, Yokohama, Japan. Amazon Echo Plus is a smart speaker programmed with Amazon's artificial intelligence assistant app called Alexa to control home appliances such as TV and lights through human voice. Credit: Rodrigo Reyes Marin/AFLO/Alamy Live News - Image ID: KHYW3J

Scottish Edition

Patient in hospital - can't find it

Danita Delimont  Fair Isle. in the far north of Scotland. The Fair Isle Bird Observatory, or in short FIBO. Scotland, Shetland Islands (Large format sizes available) - Image ID: J2F0JE

Charles Robertson   Pupils fill an exam hall to take a GCSE exam at Maidstone Grammar school in Maidstone, Kent, U.K. - Image ID: C0TK1P

Andrea Obzerova  Students taking exam in classroom. Education test and literacy concept. Cropped shot, hand detail. - Image ID: M9FABK

Edward Moss  Sparks fly as a skilled worker or welder works with metal in a UK manufacturing factory. - Image ID: E0FC26

Irish Edition

Francisco Martinez  Home with building plans and house keys - Image ID: CEDMGE

Phil Crean A Train and Marks and Spencers cafe in Liffey Valley shopping center, Dublin, Ireland - Image ID: M0X5XH

Gregory Johnston  An up close image of a mullein plant. - Image ID: H915BX

picturelibrary  holt renfrew store toronto winter - Image ID: EJWNAB

World

VintageCorner  Hitler with Emmy and Edda Goering, 1940. Emmy Göring was a German actress, the second wife of Hermann Göring - Image ID: M2WFWK

Rome, Italy. 28th July, 2017. Anger and sadness during the protest against compulsory Vaccinations in Piazza Montecitorio during the final vote of Decree Law on Vaccines at the Chamber of Deputies. Amid the rise in measles cases in 2017 Italy's lawmakers have made vaccinations mandatory for children at school registration. The vaccinations are to help protect children from birth to age 16 from 10 diseases including measles, mumps, polio, rubella, tetanus and whooping cough. Credit: Andrea Ronchini/Pacific Press/Alamy Live News - Image ID: JN1T24

Grozny, Russia. 06th Mar, 2018. GROZNY, RUSSIA - MARCH 6, 2018: Oyub Titiyev (L), head of the Grozny Office of the Memorial Human Rights Centre, charged with possession of marijuana, seen ahead of a hearing at Grozny's Staropromyslovsky District Court. Yelena Afonina/TASS Credit: ITAR-TASS News Agency/Alamy Live News - Image ID: M6R9JC

Business

Newscast Online Limited John Gildersleeve Deputy Chairman Talk talk Group and The British Land Company PLC - Image ID: FNR5E7

London, UK. 22 September 2018. The Green Goddess poses in front of the campaigners against fracking from Misson in Nottinghamshire and their two giant owls at the rally. Several thousands came to a rally in Hyde Park before the march through London on The Peoples Walk for Wildlife set up by naturalist and broadcaster Chris Packham to support the People's Manifesto for Wildlife drawn up by him with the aid of 17 independent experts and scientists aimed at halting the drastic decline in British wildlife. The even was supported by many NGOs, schools and environmental activ Credit: ZUMA Press, Inc - Image ID: PP13T5

Clynt Garnham Shipping   Nightfall over Trinity Quay at the Port of Felixstowe, Britain's largest container terminal, Suffolk, UK. - Image ID: B42311

Mick Flynn   Provident Financial group, personal credit provider, head office, 1 Godwin St, Bradford BD1 2SU, UK - Image ID: K8HM9N

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

Phil Crean A Train and Marks and Spencers cafe in Liffey Valley shopping center, Dublin, Ireland - Image ID: M0X5XH

Thanks Bryan...Nice to see my name in this thread again!

Phil

*You’re welcome  Steven and Bob

Guardian Online

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2019/mar/12/top-10-craft-beer-pubs-sheffield
P6RN6R Mike Ford Woman walking and couple with a dog chatting outside the Fat Cat Real Ale pub in Sheffield
F0YKHW Cofiant Images Rutland Arms Sheffield Traditional Inner City Public House
JRP7XA Richard R Handley Friends drinking at pub on Ecclesall Road Sheffield

Cheers Phil!

TImes 12th 

Don't know how I missed this one, it hangs on our dining room wall and my wife spotted it!

Washington Imaging A young man looks down along Striding Edge with Red Tarn to the left, Helvellyn, Cumbria NW England UK - Image ID: CMRJ4A

travelib europe  UK, Cumbria, Great Langdale, walkers on Cumbria Way path to Oak Howe from Langdale Fell - Image ID: JEYCKJ

12 pm update

London, UK. 25th Sept, 2017. UK Weather: Morning city haze and cloud over Canary Wharf business park buildings in east London. Local air particulate pollutant emissions currently rated ‘Moderate’. © Guy Corbishley/Alamy Live News - Image ID: KA2Y3C

SFL Life Style  a young man holding a knife - Image ID: B2R3JG

Business

blickwinkel/Cairns common kestrel (Falco tinnunculus), sitting on a fencepost, United Kingdom, Scotland, Glenfeshie - Image ID: CNYJCT - no credits

Crysaleye  Crowds of shoppers on busy opening day at London Westfield Stratford City pour across the walkway - Image ID: CBEJ7N

Times 13th

Eduardo Ripoll   Little girl using a tablet - Image ID: DCE57D

Blakeley    The facade of Bletchley Park Mansion in Buckinghamshire, England. The home of British code breakers during World War Two. - Image ID: CERTA0

Somerset House, London, UK. 11 March, 2019. Exhibition of work by 24 artists of international renown with close working associations to two of the most important art institutions in the world; the Central Academy of Fine Arts, Beijing (CAFA) and the Slade School of Fine Art, UCL, London. Beyond Boundaries is a dynamic sample of current artistic practice in China and the UK. Image: Kate Bright, Peony Tree, 2019. Credit: Malcolm Park/Alamy Live News. - Image ID: RY182H

Scottish Edition

Glasgow, Scotland, UK, 12th March, 2019 UK Weather: Storm Gareth blowing a hooley appeared as heavy falls of rain and high winds as thunder rain hit the city centre and west end this afternoon. Credit Gerard Ferry/Alamy Live News - Image ID: RY6BA9

Craig Leggat    Inovo Building - Strathclyde University - George Street Glasgow - Image ID: JY6FF3

Craig Stennett   A young girl trying to defend herself. - Image ID: HH0KH3

Irish Edition

Robert Hoetink      Shower head with floating water in a bathroom - Image ID: CYKPF8

Teenage girls drinking wine - can't find it

Eugenio Marongiu     Couple using smartphone - Image ID: FKW6A1

Lev Dolgachov    unhappy woman suffering from domestic violence - Image ID: JW29AA

Stephen Barnes    Lots of passengers make their way down to the departure gates at Dubin Airport, Ireland. - Image ID: P9FW4M

Newman Studio    Schoolboy standing and waiting at zebra crossing - Image ID: J0782G

Miami, Florida, USA. 11th Mar 2019. Former UFC champ Conor McGregor was charged with strong-armed robbery and criminal mischief, both felonies. After an altercation with a fan early Monday morning, according to the Miami Beach police. McGregor was released from jail at the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center on $12,500 bal and than jumped in a black SUV and was driven back to his Miami Beach Mansion on March 11, 2019. Credit: Storms Media Group/Alamy Live News - Image ID: RY1CDT - couple similar

Anthony Brown    Close up of a Smartphone Camera - Image ID: D6P58X

Gallo Images     Friends hanging out at the bowling alley - Image ID: ER4HTY

Tracy Fowler  Waitress At Cash Register In Coffee Shop - Image ID: J9F9DD

Stephen Barnes    Wind turbine at Bindoo Wind Farm, Ireland - Image ID: DDW4YJ

World

REINHARD KRAUSE/ALAMY  Muslim Uighurs China - can't find it, lapsed live news?

Business

Ammentorp Photography  Happy young woman having a friendly chat with her female colleague while at work - Image ID: EG3XR0

Robert Convery  WPC woman police officer in Cardiff, Wales, UK. Heddlu Welsh police. - Image ID: E72RGF

Mike Kipling Photography  Heather Fryupdale, North York Moors National Park - Image ID: BP25XF

Ian Canham  French Connection store, Long Acre, Covent Garden, London,UK - Image ID: BK98DR

Register

Pictorial Press Ltd JOHN BLOOM English businessman in 1963. His Rolls Razor company sold their washing machines direct to the public thus cutting out retailers. - Image ID: F566R8

Guardian Online

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/mar/12/birdwatch-golden-plover-adds-sparkle-to-blackford-moor
DHBH69 or DHBAWY Premium Stock Photography/Horst Jegen European Golden Plover, Pluvialis apricaria,
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/mar/13/country-diary-natures-sparklers-sing-brightly-sandy-bedfordshire
BWW5YH FLPA Dunnock (Prunella modularis) adult, perched in willow tree

getting very bored here trying to let my left arm to heal but need do something so here are some pics found...

The Washington Post, Travel section, Mar 10th 2019 issue

all photos credit to alamy only.

pg. F1, Kabukicho district of Tokyo, Japan, Mauritius Images GmbH

Japan, Tokyo City, Shinjuku District, Kabukicho district at night Stock Photo

pg. F1, a chestnut-mandibled toucan, Drake Bay, Costa Rica, Christopher Milligan

Wild Chestnut-mandibled Toucan (Ramphastos swainsoni) sitting on a branch in Drake Bay, on the Osa Peninsula in Stock Photo

pg. f2, Whitefish Ski Resort, Montana, Tetra Images

USA, Montana, Whitefish, Tourists on ski slope Stock Photo

pg. f2, Vail Ski Resort lift line, Dan Leeth

Lift line at Pete's Express Lift 39, winter, Blue Sky Basin, Vail Ski Resort, Vail, Colorado. Stock Photo

pg. f3, Iwatayama Monkey Park, Japan, Rajiv Dasan

A Japanese monkey sitting on a post at the Monkey Park Iwatayama, Kyoto, Japan Stock Photo

pg. f3, Kasuga Taisha Shrine, Nara, Japan, Jordi Clave Garsot

Stone lanterns and deers in Kasuga Taisha Shrine in Nara, Japan Stock Photo

pg. f3, Osaka market, Japan, Malcolm Fairman

Kuromon Ichiba, food market in Osaka. Shop and stall selling fruits with front display mainly strawberries. View along front counter. Stock Photo

pg. f4, Drake Bay, Costa Rica, Christopher Milligan

Evening light  across the fishing boats in Drake Bay on the Osa Peninsula, Puntarenas Province on the West coast Stock Photo

Archived