2 hours ago, LSP said:

Gen, I surrender, I am handicapped by a full-time job! 

I've noticed you're not into underwater pix but Carol at Cbimages has us both snookered there. 

Maybe we could have a Cairns Alamy contributors meet-up?

I was in your position for a long time. What a shame, prices were decent then... Your turn will come, don't worry.

I should add that although I add a lot of pix, I am not a big seller. 20 images per month is a good month for me. I hasten to say that no way it's Alamy's fault, it's entirely my own choice what I shoot. I occasionally grudgingly make the effort to shoot people, but it's really not my thing. 

I would love to meet as per coincidence, my New Year resolution is to be more sociable... you can PM me on the FB Cairns Photography page after the weekend. 

All the best!

Gen

• Like 1

1377 images uploaded in 114 submissions.  17 sold so far from this year's crop - my images tend to be seasonal (flowering or fruiting time) so often won't be looked at till the appropriate time of the year.

It's taking too long to add up, but there were 582 submissions, I usually upload 10 at a time unless it's a news story, so around 6000?

7 minutes ago, Phil Robinson said:

It's taking too long to add up, but there were 582 submissions, I usually upload 10 at a time unless it's a news story, so around 6000?

In AIM, click on the first submission, hold shift and click on the last submission and you'll get the total.

1 minute ago, Colblimp said:

In AIM, click on the first submission, hold shift and click on the last submission and you'll get the total.

In tried that, but the train I'm on will be be arriving in 20 min and it didn't look like was going to finish in time

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Phil Robinson said:

In tried that, but the train I'm on will be be arriving in 20 min and it didn't look like was going to finish in time

Oops.  :lol:

7 hours ago, LSP said:

Cairns Alamy contributors meet-up?

Big thumbs up.:)

Allan

3 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Big thumbs up.:)

Allan

You could Skype in.

Just now, spacecadet said:

You could Skype in.

:D Nice one but I don't Skype.

Allan

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

:D Nice one but I don't Skype.

Allan

You only need a webcam and a program.

Edited by spacecadet

1354 images.   Been aiming for over 1000 a year, so am happy with that.    Target 6000 by end of 2019.  

14 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

You only need a webcam and a program.

Web cam built into monitor but I do not wish to be spied on so it is covered with a dab of Blue-tack.

Allan

5 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Web cam built into monitor but I do not wish to be spied on so it is covered with a dab of Blue-tack.

Allan

I have the old button from a hazard light switch on mine, but anyway programs have to ask for access and if it's live a green light comes on.

Posted (edited)

Hi All

Only managed 256 last year (due to wifes car crash)

23 sales mostly Bs Es  & Fs

Regards

Jon

Edited by Jon Lewis

According to AIM, I have 28 submissions and 584 images this year.  Quite low for me - I'm slowing down.  I used to do about 1000 images per year back at my peak in 2012.  Since then about 100 fewer images per year.

My biggest year for submissions at 720.  I fell short of my goal but I was not able to travel as much as I wanted.  I did have a banner year in sales, at 23!  My average sale price was right in line with what Alamy says is the company average.  I only have 1402 images posted so I'm far from disappointed.

I'm hoping to top both numbers in 2019.  

Rick

86 submissions for 1545 images

I've just started in Feb 2018 and uploaded around 1400 in a year with 15 sales in total.

Khan

• Upvote 1