Have you Found any Alamy Photographs October

7 hours ago, Sally said:

Sightly different kind of post here - my husband went to a public lecture at a museum by a university academic and told me that there were a lot of images from Alamy and G**** with watermarks on them, so presumably copied but not paid for.  I am wondering what to do, if anything.  

That's terrible - I can't imagine how many tens of thousands of people around the world are ripping us off.  Short of confronting the lecturer, I can't see what else you can do.  :angry:

2 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

That's terrible - I can't imagine how many tens of thousands of people around the world are ripping us off.  Short of confronting the lecturer, I can't see what else you can do.  :angry:

Well I think I will email her, and also email the museum to tell them to advise people who present under their auspices that they cannot do this. 

2 minutes ago, Sally said:

Well I think I will email her, and also email the museum to tell them to advise people who present under their auspices that they cannot do this. 

Excellent!  Please keep us informed as to how it goes.

Times 31st

London, UK. 6th June, 2018. Prime Minister Theresa May welcomes Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg to 10 Downing Street for talks. Credit: Mark Kerrison/Alamy Live News - Image ID: MY5MT8 - probably, a few similar

Picture Partners  Chubby baby hands and feet on the floor - Image ID: ADETTW

MediaWorldImages  Bricklayer on New build houses, Southport, Merseyside, UK - Image ID: MHM0PM

halil ibrahim kurucan   man sitting looking upset - Image ID: DTAWHA

ALAN OLIVER DJI Matrice M200 professional drone - Image ID: PKHFM9

Evgeniy Kalinovskiy  surgeons do surgery - Image ID: H68PFB

Robert Evans Wellcome Genome Campus - Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute and other Genome research organisations at Hinxton outside Cambridge UK - Image ID: KDP192

MALCOLM PARK/ALAMY possibly composite image relating to Neanderthal man - can't find it

Maurice Savage  Main entrance & driveway to St Marys University College, Twickenham, London, UK. April 2010 - Image ID: BM2BW2

Peter Cripps Teen / tween girl holding a mobile phone (iphone) - Image ID: HAPXT2

Michel & Gabrielle Therin-Weise Giant Panda (Ailuropoda melanoleuca), China Conservation and Research Centre for the Giant Pandas, Chengdu, Sichuan, China - Image ID: FEH0X8

Adrian Sherratt  A BOY AT LLANDOGO PRIMARY SCHOOL NEAR MONMOUTH WHERE UKULELES ARE USED TO ENHANCE LEARNING OCT 2007 UK -

Scottish Edition

Lifescenes  Mobile breast screening unit in Epsom, Surrey, 2011 - Image ID: C8R6E4

Konstantinos Tsakalidis  Taxi in Princes Street, Edinburgh - Image ID: E0B27M

samc Football game near red road flats in glasgow scotland - Image ID: C95CRC

Irish Edition

joefox male cyclist cycling along oconnell street Dublin Republic of Ireland deliberate motion blur - Image ID: HWJMHF

Tim Gainey   Arion hortensis. Garden slug on a dead campanula flower in an english garden - Image ID: BC501J

Michael S. Nolan  Mother and baby Bornean orangutans, Pongo pygmaeus, Buluh Kecil River, Borneo, Indonesia. - Image ID: PNE2AH

World

Kongens Lyngby, Denmark - November 27, 2016: Party chair Anders Samuelsen (The Liberal Alliance) speaks during the joint press meeting with Prime Minister Lars Lokke Rasmussen (Venstre, read: The Liberal Party) and Soren Pape Poulsen (The Conservative Party) at Marienborg about the successful conclusion of the negotiations between the three parties about formation of a new coalition government. The new government will be presented to the Queen Monday, November 28, at 11.00 H CEST. he Queen Monday, November 28, in Copenhagen. Credit: OJPHOTOS/Alamy Live News - Image ID: HA4J6C

Business

Rutland, UK. June 3rd 2018: Britian longest Women's cycle race a unique and challenging single day cycling race for women racing around villages and nearby towns of Oakham and Melton Mowbray in Rutland, UK.. The International Women’s CiCLE Classic now it its 3rd year . ©Clifford Norton Alamy Live News. - Image ID: MX6D4B

Blaine Harrington III  Travelers on moving sidewalk in tunnel at United terminal passing Sky's the Limit (neon sculpture by artist Michael Hayden) at O'Hare International Airport, Chicago, Illinois USA. - Image ID: FCXC8Y

Grant Rooney  A Family Eating Lunch Outside Wagamama Restaurant In Clink Street, London, England - Image ID: PA48WF

Times 2

rhinoceros - 34,000 of these! :unsure:

elmar krenkel Chinchilla - Image ID: EN38K1 - only 3700 pf these :)

23 minutes ago, Sally said:

Bonfire image here. It I can’t find it or at least it isn’t searchable in the first few pages by ‘bonfire’ or ‘fire night’

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3421315/what-is-the-latest-bonfire-night-uk-weather-forecast-will-hurricane-oscar-arrive-to-ruin-the-party/

C9AYKT E.J.Westmacott Bonfire on fireworks night at Arlebury Park, New Alresford , Hampshire, England, United Kingdom.

58 minutes ago, Sally said:

Bonfire image here. It I can’t find it or at least it isn’t searchable in the first few pages by ‘bonfire’ or ‘fire night’

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3421315/what-is-the-latest-bonfire-night-uk-weather-forecast-will-hurricane-oscar-arrive-to-ruin-the-party/

E.J.Westmacott  Bonfire on fireworks night at Arlebury Park, New Alresford , Hampshire, England, United Kingdom. - Image ID: C9AYKT

Tineye is your friend

Sky News, Wednesday 26 September 2018

Royal Mail: Stop putting crisp packets in post boxes

One of mine (cropped) and and used as part of a two-image montage.  Zoomed on the published date, invoiced today.  The other image (a Royal Mail postbox), may not be from Alamy and may also be cropped.  Given the large number of similar images here, I'm afraid that I gave up looking after a few pages.  I'll hand over to someone who likes a real challenge! :huh::)

walkers-crisps-packets-assorted-flavours

Anyone else seen Sky News using Alamy images previously?

Guardian Online 31/10/18
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/31/law-breaker-save-planet-direct-action-civil-disobedience
Marcin Rogozinski     Traffic on A102 Blackwall Tunnel Approach with Canary Wharf skyscrapers in the background, London England United Kingdom UK - Image ID: ED310T

38 minutes ago, Nigel Kirby said:

Guardian Online 31/10/18
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/31/law-breaker-save-planet-direct-action-civil-disobedience
Marcin Rogozinski     Traffic on A102 Blackwall Tunnel Approach with Canary Wharf skyscrapers in the background, London England United Kingdom UK - Image ID: ED310T

Thanks for that spot Nigel 

Regards,

Marcin 

Guardian Online

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2018/oct/31/20-of-the-worlds-creepiest-museums
ERWJJR Martin Williams The Old Operating Theatre, Herb Garret, London Museum
DKRCH0 Prisma by Dukas Presseagentur Gmbh/TPX British Dental Association Dental Museum, 19th century Dentists Chair
F361YT Michiel Vaartjes Iron Maiden and a hanging cage in the Torture Museum in Amsterdam
M1195A Roger Garfield A doll representing Joseph Grimaldi in the Clowns Gallery in London.
EBWEHD Boaz Rottem Mummified corpses in the Capuchin Catacombs of Palermo, Italy.
H0300B paul prescott Museum items inside the Museum of Broken Relationships in Zagreb.
CTG7F8 ClassicStock/W. METZEN PHILADELPHIA PA COLLECTION OF HUMAN SKULLS ON DISPLAY AT THE MUTTER MUSEUM

You’re welcome Marcin
Nigel

Guardian Online 31/10/18
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/oct/31/glasgow-major-roads-railways-and-hospitals-at-risk-from-climate-change-study
Henri Martin   aerial view of river Clyde running through Glasgow with The Clyde Arc in the foreground - Image ID: F3MC31
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/oct/31/ikea-delivery-paid-slot-failed-delay
Robert Ashton/Massive Pixels     Clocks at IKEA - Image ID: BNANTT

9 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Most copyright laws have an exception for educational use. Usually called fair use or something like that.

Because there were no costs involved in supplying the images to the lecturer, no costs can be claimed either.

The only route would be to claim the agencies or photographers suffered some sort of damage by not displaying the proper image, but with watermarks on them. A clever defendant would quickly point out that the agencies are putting those on the images themselves.

wim

2 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Most copyright laws have an exception for educational use. Usually called fair use or something like that.

Because there were no costs involved in supplying the images to the lecturer, no costs can be claimed either.

The only route would be to claim the agencies or photographers suffered some sort of damage by not displaying the proper image, but with watermarks on them. A clever defendant would quickly point out that the agencies are putting those on the images themselves.

wim

I know it's eductional, but given that uni's are charging fees to students (overseas or otherwise), I'd try calling it a commercial use

Rob Cook

On 10/31/2018 at 16:28, wiskerke said:

wim

This wasn’t in a university. It was a lecture to general public in a museum. I will have to check whether a fee was charged, because as members we don’t pay for these (though of course we have paid the membership fee).

I didn't get very far with this but had a useful email exchange with the museum and Alamy. The museum contacted the speaker whose view was that she had "followed accepted procedure for this free (not for profit) educational public talk." When I contacted Alamy, I was told that "If the images were watermarked then this isn't a legitimate use, she would need to purchase a presentation license for these. We do usually give discounts to charities/non-profit organisations to help support them."

Unfortunately, without proof of the use of the images, Alamy couldn't chase it up, and all I could do was to urge the museum to let the speaker know that she ought to contact Alamy to discuss what license, if any, was needed. I hope that the museum will, however, give advice to future speakers about the use of watermarked images in presentations.

Found on the BBC website

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20181029-twelve-amazing-lesser-known-films-from-around-the-world

BLACK ORPHEUS (1959) ORFEU NEGRO (ALT) MARCEL CAMUS (DIR) 001 MOVIESTORE COLLECTION LTD Stock Photo

Still from the movie BLACK ORPHEUS (1959) ORFEU NEGRO (ALT) MARCEL CAMUS (DIR) 001 MOVIESTORE COLLECTION LTD

Photographer: Moviestore collection Ltd / Alamy Stock Photo

For info about finder click here

Image ID : BNM5BN

Prod DB © Mosfilms / DR SOY CUBA (SOY CUBA) de Mikhail Kalatozov 1964 URSS film de propagande, revolution castriste, la havane, bord de mer Stock Photo

Photo from the movieProd DB © Mosfilms / DR SOY CUBA (SOY CUBA) de Mikhail Kalatozov 1964 URSS film de propagande, revolution castriste, la havane, bord de mer

Photographer: TCD/Prod.DB / Alamy Stock Photo

Image ID : PP1T9R

Horí, má panenko  The Firemen's Ball Year: 1967 - Czechoslovakia / Italy Director: Milos Forman Stock Photo

Photograph from the movie. Horí, má panenko The Firemen's Ball Year: 1967 - Czechoslovakia / Italy Director: Milos Forman

Photographer: Photo 12 / Alamy Stock Photo

Image ID : B7RC2W

Prod DB © Siege Films Ltd. / DR MATZOR de Gilberto Tofano 1969 ISR. avec Gila Almagor Stock Photo

Picture from the movie Prod DB © Siege Films Ltd. / DR MATZOR de Gilberto Tofano 1969 ISR. avec Gila Almagor

Image ID : PNN5CN

Mapantsula Year 1988 Director Oliver Schmitz Stock Photo

A still from the movie Mapantsula Year 1988 Director Oliver Schmitz

Image ID : A14CYK

Zamani barayé masti asbha  A Time for Drunken Horses Year : 2000 - Iran Director : Bahman Ghobadi Nezhad Ekhtiar-Dini Stock Photo

Photo from the movie Zamani barayé masti asbha A Time for Drunken Horses Year : 2000 - Iran Director : Bahman Ghobadi Nezhad Ekhtiar-Dini

Image ID : PKBBMX

Prod DB © Igloolik Isuma Productions / DR ATANARJUAT, LA LEGENDE DE L'HOMME RAPIDE (ATANARJUAT) de Zacharias Kunuk 2001 CAN avec Natar Ungalaaq inuit, esquimaux, cercle polaire arctique, banquise, coucher de soleiln, nudite, courir, poursuite, Stock Photo

Pic from the movie Prod DB © Igloolik Isuma Productions / DR ATANARJUAT, LA LEGENDE DE L'HOMME RAPIDE (ATANARJUAT) de Zacharias Kunuk 2001 CAN avec Natar Ungalaaq inuit, esquimaux, cercle polaire arctique, banquise, coucher de soleiln, nudite, courir, poursuite,

Image ID : PMK27N

Prod DB © Illuminations Films - Kick the Machine / DR ONCLE BOONMEE (CELUI QUI SE SOUVIENT DE SES VIES ANTERIEURES) (LOONG BOONMEE RALEUK CHAT) de Apichatpong Weerasethakul 2010 THAIL. fantastique, jungle, monstre autre titre: Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives Stock Photo

Picture from the movie Prod DB © Illuminations Films - Kick the Machine / DR ONCLE BOONMEE (CELUI QUI SE SOUVIENT DE SES VIES ANTERIEURES) (LOONG BOONMEE RALEUK CHAT) de Apichatpong Weerasethakul 2010 THAIL. fantastique, jungle, monstre autre titre: Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives

Image ID : PNP13G

Wadjda Stock Photo

Still from the movie Wadjda

Image ID : DXCWRX

Norte, Hangganan Ng Kasaysayan Norte/the End of History Year : 2013 Philippines Director : Lav Diaz Archie Alemania Stock Photo

Image from the movie Norte, Hangganan Ng Kasaysayan Norte/the End of History Year : 2013 Philippines Director : Lav Diaz Archie Alemania

Image ID : FX7HEM

El abrazo de la serpiente Embrace of the Serpent Year : 2015 Colombia Director : Ciro Guerra Antonio Bolivar Stock Photo

El abrazo de la serpiente Embrace of the Serpent Year : 2015 Colombia Director : Ciro Guerra Antonio Bolivar

Contributor: Photo 12 / Alamy Stock Photo

Image ID : FX7JX1

Guardian online....

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/oct/31/glasgow-major-roads-railways-and-hospitals-at-risk-from-climate-change-study

Up to 1.8 million people in the Glasgow area could be affected by regular heatwaves and heavy winter flooding in future, according to the study. Photograph: Henri Martin/Alamy

National Geographic / Travel
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/destinations/north-america/united-states/national-parks/unusual-weird-sites/
8 unsung sites in U.S. national parks

David Berger National Memorial Statue Wide Angle
HDEY5A Zachary Frank RF

Bald Cypress draped with Spanish Moss on foggy morning. Bates Old River, Congaree National Park, South Carolina, spring.
E95GJ2 (or similar) Jeff Lepore RM

Jazz Men sculpture lead the way into the Louis Armstrong Park in New Orleans LA
EDKA05 Images-USA RM

Yosemite's Horsetail fall illuminated at sunset in the park during the month of February. The natural fire-fall
GMH0P9 (or similar) Duncan Selby RM

Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas
D2R7A3 Dave G. Houser RM

31/10/2018, London Evening Standard [Property section], p1 & p14, Memento Mori by Joan de Joanes, E1YKJR, Peter Horree [Alamy credit only]
31/10/2018, London Evening Standard [Property section], p8, Queen's Market in Upton Park, CWNW1A, Chris Lawrence [Alamy credit only]
31/10/2018, London Evening Standard [Property section], p13, Chelmsford, BTEF4R, rod williams [Alamy credit only]
31/10/2018, London Evening Standard [Property section], p13, Big Sky Meadow at RHS Garden Hyde Hall Flower Show 2017, JT73Y8, Ian Bottle [Alamy credit only]
31/10/2018, London Evening Standard [Property section], p14, detaill of gate to Chelsea Physic Garden, MBD5T7, Charles Walker Collection [Alamy credit only]

5 hours ago, DDoug said:

National Geographic / Travel
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/destinations/north-america/united-states/national-parks/unusual-weird-sites/
8 unsung sites in U.S. national parks

David Berger National Memorial Statue Wide Angle
HDEY5A Zachary Frank RF

Bald Cypress draped with Spanish Moss on foggy morning. Bates Old River, Congaree National Park, South Carolina, spring.
E95GJ2 (or similar) Jeff Lepore RM

Jazz Men sculpture lead the way into the Louis Armstrong Park in New Orleans LA
EDKA05 Images-USA RM

Yosemite's Horsetail fall illuminated at sunset in the park during the month of February. The natural fire-fall
GMH0P9 (or similar) Duncan Selby RM

Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas
D2R7A3 Dave G. Houser RM

Horsetail fall is one of mine. Big thanks for finding that.

Cheers and gone

Shergar 

Archived