Capitals for Places and Names

That's nice, or is it Nice or is it NICE? Depends whether you re looking for a pleasant picture, a city in France or the National Institute for Health and Care Excellent. Spacecadet is probably right in the sense that the search engine doesn't differentiate, but it would make quite a difference in readability and understanding when human customers scan your captions. I would capitalise and punctuate correctly in all cases. I don't think it takes that much more time and effort and it may make a real difference in how your images are perceived by the potential buyer.

10 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

That's nice, or is it Nice or is it NICE? Depends whether you re looking for a pleasant picture, a city in France or the National Institute for Health and Care Excellent. Spacecadet is probably right in the sense that the search engine doesn't differentiate, but it would make quite a difference in readability and understanding when human customers scan your captions. I would capitalise and punctuate correctly in all cases. I don't think it takes that much more time and effort and it may make a real difference in how your images are perceived by the potential buyer.

Yes in the caption. 

Makes no difference in the keywords/tags

Kumar

Agree with what is being said above, essential for captions, optional for keywords although I do try to use them there!

What I don't like are captions written ENTIRELY IN CAPITALS - hard on the eyeballs and more difficult to read in my opinion. 

31 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Agree with what is being said above, essential for captions, optional for keywords although I do try to use them there!

What I don't like are captions written ENTIRELY IN CAPITALS - hard on the eyeballs and more difficult to read in my opinion. 

And for anyone who spends any time on the internet its the equivalent of shouting. Now while shouting out your wares may work in a traditional open-air market I suspect on the internet it just annoys people.

Attention to what you put in capital in tags is only important if you use Alamy Lightroom Bridge, because when you ‘fetch data’ from Alamy, Lightroom keywords will list ‘Great Britain’ differently to ‘great britain’, so consistency is vital.

Archived