Have you found any Alamy images September 2018

51 minutes ago, Vincent Lowe said:

I appreciate what you are saying but the way I read it is that that section [F2] is just defining the terms referred to in the previous section (1) where it says - take or attempt to take in any court any photograph, or with a view to publication make or attempt to make in any court any portrait or sketch, of any person, being a judge of the court or a juror or a witness....

So it seems to me that for the purposes of the act, it's defining 'photograph' as a photograph of a person.  However, I'm no lawyer and this is getting off topic so I'll leave it there.

Just something I was told when I started as a snapper on newspapers in 1983.
The argument has always been in respect of how far the "precincts" extended, theoretically, any area around the court as defined by a judge. The following from Wicki...

"The prohibition on taking photographs in the precincts is vague. It was designed to prevent the undermining of the dignity of the court, through the exploitation of images in low brow "picture papers"   "

This isn't to say that this law isn't extensively flouted, TV reporters daily use court buildings as a back drop to their reports, but 'tis illegal nonetheless.

1 hour ago, TeeCee said:

Just something I was told when I started as a snapper on newspapers in 1983.
The argument has always been in respect of how far the "precincts" extended, theoretically, any area around the court as defined by a judge. The following from Wicki...

"The prohibition on taking photographs in the precincts is vague. It was designed to prevent the undermining of the dignity of the court, through the exploitation of images in low brow "picture papers"   "

This isn't to say that this law isn't extensively flouted, TV reporters daily use court buildings as a back drop to their reports, but 'tis illegal nonetheless.

I was once told by a court gatekeeper that I could take photos of his court building on a weekend when there was nobody about. The papers use these types of pics all the while. I try to avoid including identifiable people in these shots, but have, on occasion, blurred out faces when that has not been possible. Has anyone ever been prosecuted I wonder?

There are over 3000 photos on Alamy brought up by a search for Southwark Crown Court!

7 minutes ago, Bryan said:

I was once told by a court gatekeeper that I could take photos of his court building on a weekend when there was nobody about. The papers use these types of pics all the while. I try to avoid including identifiable people in these shots, but have, on occasion, blurred out faces when that has not been possible. Has anyone ever been prosecuted I wonder?

There are over 3000 photos on Alamy brought up by a search for Southwark Crown Court!

Tommy Robinson originally got 14 months, but that was for contempt. A £50 fine would hardly have deterred the likes of him.

10 hours ago, SShep said:

Thanks Adie and Bryan :)

Steve

05/09/2018, Guardian, p1, pair of Spix's macaws, A49MJB, Arco Images GmbH [Alamy credit only]
05/09/2018, Guardian, p12, protest against gentrification of Elephant & Castle, P4AEDT, Peter Marshall
05/09/2018, Guardian [Journal section], p8, Jacqueline Pearce in The Reptile,H8602B, Impress-Movie-TV/United Archives GmbH [Alamy credit only]
05/09/2018, Guardian G2, p2, statue of Hercules, P8FRYJ, Bjanka Kadic [cutout]
05/09/2018, Guardian G2, p10, still from Touching The Void, C3G9KX, Photo 12

My pleasure Steve

Found in the Tatler by Adie

https://www.tatler.com/article/the-tatler-guide-to-north-east-somerset

Olde worlde cobbled streets and quaint buildings at Catherine Hill in Frome, Somerset Stock Photo

Photograph of Olde worlde cobbled streets and quaint buildings at Catherine Hill in Frome, Somerset

Photographer: Helen Hotson / Alamy Stock Photo

Image ID : H3ABG0

Found in the Sun

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/7176183/penny-insurance-policies-could-be-due-500-pounds/

Close-up Of Young Woman Inserting Coin In The Piggybank Near Stack Of Coins On Desk Stock Photo

Photograph of a young Woman Inserting Coin In The Piggybank Near Stack Of Coins On Desk

Contributor: Andriy Popov / Alamy Stock Photo

Discovered by Adie

Image ID : JXHWRH

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/7181436/old-five-ten-pound-notes-how-to-cash-yours-in/

A crumpled paper five pound note of UK currency Stock Photo

Photo of a crumpled paper five pound note of UK currency

Contributor: Ian Gibson / Alamy Stock Photo

Discovered by Adie

Image ID : GH6JRH

Cheers Steve!

Times 6th

Militarist  KYIV, UKRAINE - Feb. 25, 2017. Russian Main Intelligence Directorate GRU - uniform badge background - Image ID: MX448C

PATRICK PLEUL/ALAMY  Spix's Macaws - can't find it in Alamy

David Humphreys  Italian Gardens at Wrest Park, UK; statues in the foreground with the stately home in the background. - Image ID: E6RB8N

Scottish Edition

David Robertson  The Wallace Monument and the Cottrell building of Stirling University, City of Stirling, Scotland, UK - Image ID: B2PAH2

Irish Edition

Florapix  Black Rose Hips, Rosa pimpinellifolia, Rosaceae. Syn. Rosa spinosissima. - Image ID: C3WXJ2

World

Aboard Chinese Tian En Vessel. 20th Aug, 2018. Photo taken on Aug. 20, 2018 shows the outdoor scene of Tian En vessel of China's COSCO Shipping Specialized Carriers Co., Ltd. during its journey among floating ices through the "Polar Silk Road". A Chinese ice-class cargo ship crossed the Bering Strait on Aug. 17, starting its maiden voyage in the Arctic's Northeast Passage, a waterway known as the "Polar Silk Road." Credit: Liu Hongxia/Xinhua/Alamy Live News - Image ID: PF732W

Business

Matthew Horwood  A William Hill betting shop sign logo. - Image ID: EAJGBB

Law

M4OS Photos  A man looks at the Wonga website on his iPad tablet device, shot against a wooden table top background (Editorial use only) - Image ID: KHTPD7

Times 2

GRANT ROONEY PREMIUM  Eton Schoolboys, Eton School, Eton, Berkshire, UK - Image ID: F9170M

GEO.de
https://www.geo.de/reisen/reiseziele/19359-bstr-eine-maerchenhafte-fahrt-entlang-der-burgenstrasse
Eine märchenhafte Fahrt entlang der Burgenstraße
A magical ride along the Castle Road

The Schoene Hof, renaissance courtyard with reliefs pictures between the arcades, Hohenzollernresidenz, castle Plassenburg
HH40PF Mauritius Images / Bildagentur-online / Sunny Celeste / Alamy RM

16 hours ago, RedSnapper said:

Now, what counts as 'precincts' can be debated.....and there is an entire photojournalists industry based on the 'court snatch'

The intention of the law is pretty clear - to protect the judge/jurers/witnesses in cases. Not to outlaw shots of the buildings themselves

km

Yes, I meant a simple 'portrait' of a building, without people, and with nothing in the picture which would refer to any particular court case. I'll carry on shooting till I get my arm twisted by Mr Plod...

Whole Bunch here

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=LpRmDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA2&dq="picturesbyrob"&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwilxK_JrqbdAhWKDcAKHTZtBTk4ChDoAQg6MAQ#v=onepage&q="picturesbyrob"&f=false

American Life and Video Games from Pong to Minecraft (Pop Culture)

ISBN-10: 150261975X
ISBN-13: 978-1502619754

Found by Rob Cook

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2018/sep/05/sensible-idea-or-snobbery-is-florence-right-to-ban-eating-in-the-streets
GJ3EEH   Paul Quayle    Tourists eating a snack at the main door entrance front of The Duomo, Florence/ Firenze, Tuscany, Italy

https://www.theguardian.com/society/shortcuts/2018/sep/05/boil-your-dishcloths-how-to-make-your-everyday-environment-cleaner-than-a-toilet-seat
DH12RB    Valery Voennyy    wash-up by dishcloth in metal washbasin in kitchen

Telegraph Online    05/09/18
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/09/05/bird-feeders-favour-pushy-big-birds-little-species-go-hungry/
AK3R2E    David Tipling Photo Library    Blue Tits and Robin on fat feeder Kent UK winter (CROPPED)
D2DGKE    ian west      Great tit [Parus major] on bird feeder filled with sunflower hearts. Snowing. January. West Sussex, UK

06/09/2018, Guardian, p29, Homeless man in Dublin, M68WKD, Bartosz Luczak
06/09/2018, Guardian [Journal section], p3, graffiti about homelessness in London, M785DH, Mark Kerrison
06/09/2018, Guardian G2, p3, tourists eating in Florence, GJ3EEH, Paul Quayle [Cropped. No credit - poss not via Alamy]
06/09/2018, Guardian G2, p3, cottage sitting room, EJDM95, Elizabeth Whiting & Associates [No credit - poss not via Alamy]

Cheers David!

Times 7th

Sunset in Crosby, Merseyside. 19th March 2018. UK Weather. After a beautiful spring like day of sunshine and blue skies, a stunning sunset comes to rest in between the blades on the Burbo Bank wind farm off the coastline near Crosby in Merseyside. Credit: Cernan Elias/Alamy Live News - Image ID: M8PT6E

MedStockPhotos  Surgical instruments in tray on operating room table. - Image ID: F4X3AJ

AMANDA YOUNG Caged Chickens for sale on lorry in Corfu Greece - Image ID: BH2J5D

redsnapper GCSE pupils learning studying french language in a class at a secondary comprehensive school, Wales UK - Image ID: D05YGK

Unnamed church probably UK - can't find it

Peter Noyce PLB  Everest Community College - Image ID: C00P2H

Ian Dagnall  The entrance to King’s College and view down King’s Parade, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England, UK - Image ID: F2F92F

David Noton Photography  Aircraft landing at Heathrow UK - Image ID: ABFF68

Brighton, UK. 5th Sept 2018. The Royal Pavilion in Brighton, East Sussex opens the newly restored Saloon to visitors this weekend Saturday 8th September 2018. Credit: Jim Holden/Alamy Live News - Image ID: PJAKM5

Scottish Edition

Unnamed catholic church - can't find it

Rolf Richardson Scotland Lanarkshire, New Lanark & River Clyde - Image ID: C2MXRE

Iain Masterton View of passenger train on Borders railway at Stow, Scottish Borders , Scotland, UK - Image ID: MW83AR

AK-StreetPhoto  Building of court of session in Edinburgh Scotland - Image ID: J7GW7C

Irish Edition

Image Source   A thief stealing a bike - Image ID: AJFH3J

grafton street clock  shoppers dublin  - can't find it

World

MICHAEL BROCHSTEIN/ALAMY Nikki Haley - can't find it

Business

Martin Williams   Heather on North York Moors at Egton with isolated tree - Image ID: HA2GHK

deckchairs unnamed high street uk - can't find it

Jeff Morgan 11   McCarthy and Stone retirement apartments for sale in Ludlow Shropshire England UK - Image ID: B4KC2B

Stuart Black  The Crown and Trumpet pub and village church - Image ID: C717PB

Archived