Inserting Images into post

Apologies for being a bit behind the times, but how do you now insert a large size Alamy image into a post? Right clicking on the preview and clicking on "Insert image from URL" doesn't seem to work anymore?

Thanks

Kumar

7 minutes ago, Colin Woods said:

On Mac its drag and drop.

Thanks Colin

Having moved to a Mac last week after about 30 years on PCs, that has worked! ( but not as large as it could be? )

Kumar

I have the same problem on a Mac and drag and drop does not work for me

Go to the Alamy general website  front page. Search for the image by Alamy file name. In the search results Hold down the control key and press down and hold the mouse on the image. You will be given a choice of actions. Choose "copy the image address".

On your forum post select insert other media" then  “insert image from a URL”. Paste URL that you copied into that box. Image should be intermediate size like one below.

For some reason a simple drag and drop does not work for me on my Mac, and I cannot get a bigger image as before..

sakura-cherry-trees-somei-yoshino-flower

Kumar, open another window by pressing "CMD" + "N". Move the two windows side by side with forum page on one and Alamy home page on other. Put alamy code in search on their home page for image required. Click on image when it comes up and drag to forum page were you want to post.

Look at thirteenth post in here.

Allan

1 hour ago, Bill Brooks said:

Go to the Alamy general website  front page. Search for the image by Alamy file name. In the search results Hold down the control key and press down and hold the mouse on the image. You will be given a choice of actions. Choose "copy the image address".

On your forum post select insert other media" then  “insert image from a URL”. Paste URL that you copied into that box. Image should be intermediate size like one below.

For some reason a simple drag and drop does not work for me on my Mac, and I cannot get a bigger image as before..

- and for larger image change the "zooms" in the address text to "comp"

• 2 weeks later...

I am not getting anywhere with this (windows 10)  I search the image get the image page that's OK but when I right click or control right click I just get the option to save preview which if I click wants to download to my computer.

At no point am I seeing the copy image address option.   I have not tried drag and drop because it is counter-intuitive for me and I just will not bother doing things that are drag and drop

If you go to the Image Manager and zoom the image you want you can right click and copy image. The results are not the biggest but the big images seem to distort slightly so they aren't as wide as they should be. it is subtle but I notice it and it bothers me.

Paulette

I totally get the being annoyed by subtle things others don't seem to notice lol.

P4A8NH.jpg

I have now got the image thing - thank you for your help

Note - having noticed that the above image was not watermarked I went back and discovered the issue.  When you do the image search you right click on the result image rather than opening the result image and then right-clicking  if that makes sense.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Thanks all for your advice. Now I am on a Mac, the simple Drag and drop seems to work very well

Regards

Kumar

I'm on Windows and drag and drop is working for me.

wim

Archived