Jump to content

Canadian contributors


Recommended Posts

Hello:   I wonder if other canadian Alamy contributors experience the same thing.  I am in Canada and when I look at photos, prices are in pounds.  When I noticed that a while ago, I created a buyer account and prices from that one appear in canadian dollars.  I get the same behavior from different browers and computers.  I forgot about that technical glitch until a few days ago.  I received an email from Alamy concerning the Lightroom course and the fee is displayed in pounds. You certainly received it as well- was the price in pounds or dollars?  Really not an issue at the moment but I would like to know if fellow canadian contributors experience the same thing to determine if its systemic or an attribute of my account so that Alamy technical team can fix this before I am set to receive my first $100,000 payment. (-In a previous life I was an IT analyst and I suspect its my account profile that is corrupted. Your feedback will greatly help to pinpoint the problem. I communicated with tech support a few months ago I want to include the info in a follow up email)   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, klod said:

Hello:   I wonder if other canadian Alamy contributors experience the same thing.  I am in Canada and when I look at photos, prices are in pounds.  When I noticed that a while ago, I created a buyer account and prices from that one appear in canadian dollars.  I get the same behavior from different browers and computers.  I forgot about that technical glitch until a few days ago.  I received an email from Alamy concerning the Lightroom course and the fee is displayed in pounds. You certainly received it as well- was the price in pounds or dollars?  Really not an issue at the moment but I would like to know if fellow canadian contributors experience the same thing to determine if its systemic or an attribute of my account so that Alamy technical team can fix this before I am set to receive my first $100,000 payment. (-In a previous life I was an IT analyst and I suspect its my account profile that is corrupted. Your feedback will greatly help to pinpoint the problem. I communicated with tech support a few months ago I want to include the info in a follow up email)   

my photo prices are shown in pounds. email was in pounds too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, MandyD said:

my photo prices are shown in pounds. email was in pounds too.

Thanks Mandy.  This means that its systemic. And also specific to contributors accounts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My image prices show up in USD, as do the prices of all other images on Alamy. I've never seen any prices quoted in Canadian $, but I don't have a buyer account.

 

The e-mail that I received about the online LR course showed the price in pounds.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

My image prices show up in USD, as do the prices of all other images on Alamy (for me, anyway). I've never seen any prices quoted in Canadian $, but I don't have a buyer account.

 

The e-mail that I received about the online LR course showed the price in pounds.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Niels Quist said:

Could it be `because you have a British Queen? :)

Maybe, her photo appears on every single piece of money. I've been wondering how much we pay for copyrights.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MandyD said:

the Queen is my Grandmum:o

Then try to use your influence to convince her to skip one generation so that we get a fresh face on or money.  The prince of whales offspring would look much better on our coins and give a fresh look to monarchy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

 

Interesting that there are differences.  The website is coded to diplay prices of the country you are in.  But since you've been here for a long time and received payments, I gues you would have noticed by now if this glitch creates problems in the calculation of amounts due - which is my only concern.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, klod said:

Interesting that there are differences.  The website is coded to diplay prices of the country you are in.  But since you've been here for a long time and received payments, I gues you would have noticed by now if this glitch creates problems in the calculation of amounts due - which is my only concern.

 

 

 

Haven't noticed any problems, but then I haven't really checked this out either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Klod said: 'Then try to use your influence to convince her to skip one generation so that we get a fresh face on or money.  The prince of whales offspring would look much better on our coins and give a fresh look to monarchy.' 

 

Prince of 'whales'? Is that a new title because of his wildlife protection credentials? Last Prince of Wales died in 1282 of course. 

 

Pete Davis

http://www.pete-davis-photography.com

http://peteslandscape.blogspot.co.uk/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From memory when  you set up your account you nominate which currency you would like to paid in and prices paid reflect that, and that the only currency options are US dollars, UK pounds or Euros. Things may have changed since then.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.