Canadian contributors

Hello:   I wonder if other canadian Alamy contributors experience the same thing.  I am in Canada and when I look at photos, prices are in pounds.  When I noticed that a while ago, I created a buyer account and prices from that one appear in canadian dollars.  I get the same behavior from different browers and computers.  I forgot about that technical glitch until a few days ago.  I received an email from Alamy concerning the Lightroom course and the fee is displayed in pounds. You certainly received it as well- was the price in pounds or dollars?  Really not an issue at the moment but I would like to know if fellow canadian contributors experience the same thing to determine if its systemic or an attribute of my account so that Alamy technical team can fix this before I am set to receive my first $100,000 payment. (-In a previous life I was an IT analyst and I suspect its my account profile that is corrupted. Your feedback will greatly help to pinpoint the problem. I communicated with tech support a few months ago I want to include the info in a follow up email)   

12 minutes ago, klod said:

Hello:   I wonder if other canadian Alamy contributors experience the same thing.  I am in Canada and when I look at photos, prices are in pounds.  When I noticed that a while ago, I created a buyer account and prices from that one appear in canadian dollars.  I get the same behavior from different browers and computers.  I forgot about that technical glitch until a few days ago.  I received an email from Alamy concerning the Lightroom course and the fee is displayed in pounds. You certainly received it as well- was the price in pounds or dollars?  Really not an issue at the moment but I would like to know if fellow canadian contributors experience the same thing to determine if its systemic or an attribute of my account so that Alamy technical team can fix this before I am set to receive my first $100,000 payment. (-In a previous life I was an IT analyst and I suspect its my account profile that is corrupted. Your feedback will greatly help to pinpoint the problem. I communicated with tech support a few months ago I want to include the info in a follow up email)   

my photo prices are shown in pounds. email was in pounds too.

• Love 1

57 minutes ago, MandyD said:

my photo prices are shown in pounds. email was in pounds too.

Thanks Mandy.  This means that its systemic. And also specific to contributors accounts.

My image prices show up in USD, as do the prices of all other images on Alamy. I've never seen any prices quoted in Canadian $, but I don't have a buyer account.

The e-mail that I received about the online LR course showed the price in pounds.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

My image prices show up in USD, as do the prices of all other images on Alamy (for me, anyway). I've never seen any prices quoted in Canadian $, but I don't have a buyer account.

The e-mail that I received about the online LR course showed the price in pounds.

3 hours ago, Niels Quist said:

Could it be `because you have a British Queen? :)

Maybe, her photo appears on every single piece of money. I've been wondering how much we pay for copyrights.

1 hour ago, MandyD said:

the Queen is my Grandmum:o

Then try to use your influence to convince her to skip one generation so that we get a fresh face on or money.  The prince of whales offspring would look much better on our coins and give a fresh look to monarchy. 

2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Interesting that there are differences.  The website is coded to diplay prices of the country you are in.  But since you've been here for a long time and received payments, I gues you would have noticed by now if this glitch creates problems in the calculation of amounts due - which is my only concern.

5 hours ago, klod said:

Interesting that there are differences.  The website is coded to diplay prices of the country you are in.  But since you've been here for a long time and received payments, I gues you would have noticed by now if this glitch creates problems in the calculation of amounts due - which is my only concern.

Haven't noticed any problems, but then I haven't really checked this out either.

Klod said: 'Then try to use your influence to convince her to skip one generation so that we get a fresh face on or money.  The prince of whales offspring would look much better on our coins and give a fresh look to monarchy.' 

Prince of 'whales'? Is that a new title because of his wildlife protection credentials? Last Prince of Wales died in 1282 of course. 

Pete Davis

http://www.pete-davis-photography.com

http://peteslandscape.blogspot.co.uk/

From memory when  you set up your account you nominate which currency you would like to paid in and prices paid reflect that, and that the only currency options are US dollars, UK pounds or Euros. Things may have changed since then.

• 4 years later...
2 hours ago, Christine M Baker said:

I have been working with England trying to sort out payment.  After 3 attempts and multiple changes from my banking information Alamy they still have not sent any money.

Did anyone have this issue  ?

Christine Baker BC Canada   2239 images  Joined Alamy 2019

I switched to PayPal years ago. I recommend that you consider doing the same. International banking is a huge pain. Best of luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christine M Baker said:

Thank you all i never thought of that.  And a have a Paypal account.  I have never received money from pay pal.  What information do i have to give to Alamy so that the account is correct.

Thanks again !

Go to your dashboard, then under Account settings you will find Payment info, click on edit. It should be easy to change over to PP

I am being careful with PayPal these days. I try not to leave a balance there.. just transfer quickly to my bank account. There have been recent instances of people having accounts suspended because of their opinions. If you Google you will probably find stories. I'm hoping this will all be corrected because I have found it to be very convenient and I get some payments that way (though I'm able to use my US bank account for Alamy).

Paulette