Worst photoshop job ever!

18 minutes ago, fotoDogue said:

Saw this on Petapixel. Yes it's a terrible job but sort of a shame to mock the photographer all over the internet.

If the person who took these pictures and processed them in this way actually charged $200-250 for them, then I think they deserve all the mocking they get. I don't believe it - got to be a joke. It is funny LOL - literally.

Petapixel has actually posted a tutorial on how to get these results and someone else posted a Facebook Camera Filter.

Petapixel seems to enjoy shaming inexperienced photographers. Only a few days earlier they posted a bad wedding. Of course we never know if the client actually saw the photographer's photos before they hired him or her. 

2 hours ago, fotoDogue said:

Petapixel has actually posted a tutorial on how to get these results and someone else posted a Facebook Camera Filter.

Petapixel seems to enjoy shaming inexperienced photographers. Only a few days earlier they posted a bad wedding. Of course we never know if the client actually saw the photographer's photos before they hired him or her. 

I don't have any sympathy for the so-called photographer in the family shoot case as they were totally incompetent to do the job (if it is real). I think name and shame is the right approach for this sort of thing. There are so many people out there who get a decent camera and think that qualifies them to be a photographer. I use the analogy of a plumber. Imagine somebody inexperienced buying a set of tools and advertising as a plumber - the equivalent to this could be disastrous and no doubt it happens. Fortunately in this case (if it is real), it was only a family shoot and not a wedding where there is no opportunity to repeat. 

As for the wedding you refer to, do you mean this.  I don't think Petapixel is slagging off the photographer here. It's not clear to me who is at fault  - the photographer or the incredibly fussy couple who wrote a 30 page critique apparently. Unfortunately it is all in Chinese so it is a bit difficult to tell. 

I don't see how this can be true. The pictures are well exposed - if the faces were in shadow, which I don't believe for one minute, the photographer would have fixed it in post. This, ladies and gentlemen, is a wind up.

Internet feeding frenzy by insecure people.

Have some empathy, I am sure we all have made mistakes in both photography and life that we would not like plastered all over the internet.

Some of these sites that feature photographers mistakes, make their money by selling photography lessons. Think about it.

1 hour ago, Bill Brooks said:

Internet feeding frenzy by insecure people.

Have some empathy, I am sure we all have made mistakes in both photography and life that we would not like plastered all over the internet.

Some of these sites that feature photographers mistakes, make their money by selling photography lessons. Think about it.

Mistakes are great as long as you learn from them but it is better to do this before you start charging clients for your services.

In this case it has to be a joke. It may start a trend. Isn't there a big wedding coming up sometime soon? 

6 minutes ago, John Walker said:

I think this might be what is called 'click bait'.  Gets the inquisitive to click on the page which carries adverts.

Yes.. have to admit, I assumed it's a spoof. I can't imagine a photographer would charge money for a shoot like this until they were confident in their skills (well,, i wouldn't anyway). But as 'click bait', I guess it worked and made me smile for 5 minutes,

I once got given a calendar where one of the pictures was of a lake with the sky reflecting in it. The sky had been replaced with a wonderful sunset (you could see the joins!)  but they had forgotten to replace the reflection, which was still of a grey overcast sky!

John.

Archived