I don't suppose there is any way to link zooms and sales, is there? I just sold a photo that was zoomed in March. Is it possible that it has only now, 8 months later, been paid for, or is it more likely that it is a sale without a zoom? I'm hoping it is the former as I have had a good number of zooms, and that there will be a cumulative effect on sales as time goes on after my first year. 

On 18/11/2017 at 09:19, Inchiquin said:

My own experience is that it's very rare that I can tie a zoom to a sale.

Alan

Thought so,  but Alamy's system must know whether the same person or company zoomed, then purchased, so I wonder if it's data that they could give us somehow.

8 minutes ago, Sally said:

Thought so,  but Alamy's system must know whether the same person or company zoomed, then purchased, so I wonder if it's data that they could give us somehow.

A few times, I had a zoom followed by a PU. I questioned Alamy about it. Their reply was that they don't always know who zooms a picture.

Another time, I noticed a search with 0 results in AoA. I rushed to the place the next day as it was only a couple of hours from me. I uploaded a series of pix and asked Alamy to tell the zoom's owner that pix were now available. They told me they didn't know who it was.

Gen

8 minutes ago, gvallee said:

A few times, I had a zoom followed by a PU. I questioned Alamy about it. Their reply was that they don't always know who zooms a picture.

Another time, I noticed a search with 0 results in AoA. I rushed to the place the next day as it was only a couple of hours from me. I uploaded a series of pix and asked Alamy to tell the zoom's owner that pix were now available. They told me they didn't know who it was.

Gen

Ah OK, that makes sense. Thanks.

For me there is no relation between  zooms and sales other than from a helicopter view. 

I do get about 4 sales for 5 zooms over the last year - when comparing the total numbers. 

When I had a quick look into all sales and zooms from the last 12 month, only 2 pictures sold were actually zoomed. 

the rest was either zoomed and not sold or it was sold but never zoomed. 

Probably comes back to clients putting pictures into light boxes rather than zooming them. 

Unfortunately we cannot see how many light boxes a picture is in, neither do I believe light box counts as zoom.  

18 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

56% of my sales have been zoomed in the preceding few months.  I don't count them after 4 months so it may be slightly higher.

My percentage is similar. I hesitated to post that. Actually deleted that sentence since I thought people might think I was lying. You had the guts, so I’ll jump in the water. :D

Archived