QC taking a long time

Hello. I have number of images that have the waiting QC logo on them and they have been like that for several days now. Is this normal ? Prior to the new image manager things seemed to move through in general much quicker or are these images for some reason stuck in a limbo ? Many thanks

Hello. I have number of images that have the waiting QC logo on them and they have been like that for several days now. Is this normal ? Prior to the new image manager things seemed to move through in general much quicker or are these images for some reason stuck in a limbo ? Many thanks

That's probably a question for contributor services.

Personally, I've been seeing a  24 hour turnaround in most cases but occasionally a day or two more for a few weeks now (both before and after moving to AIM).

You could easily just be in the slow queue.

You may take a second, critical look at your images and consider your QC history to judge whether you may be risking a QC failure.

I uploaded 80+ images yesterday late, and they were QC'd by this morning.

It took f o r e v e r for them to upload.

And no, I don't do the other way. (FTP?) I couldn't get it to work back when. I'm technologically challenged. :D

I uploaded 80+ images yesterday late, and they were QC'd by this morning.

It took f o r e v e r for them to upload.

And no, I don't do the other way. (FTP?) I couldn't get it to work back when. I'm technologically challenged. :D

Worth persevering, I've had it for 2 years and not looked back. Filezilla.

I've had a submission in for over 36 hours, but it's still saying they are checking them now and will email the results "in 24 hours".

BTW, when I first submitted (first files since the new uploader), I got an immediate message saying they had been accepted and I could manage them in the box on the right (can't remember the exact wording, but that was the effect). While my job was hitting the floor thinking that all inspection had stopped, the message changed to they'd email the results in 24 hours.

I did wonder if that included weekends, but clearly it doesn't.

I don't see any mention of my QC being frozen.

If they can't do 24 hrs turnover, just say, "will email when inspected" or somesuch.

I've had a submission in for over 36 hours, but it's still saying they are checking them now and will email the results "in 24 hours".

BTW, when I first submitted (first files since the new uploader), I got an immediate message saying they had been accepted and I could manage them in the box on the right (can't remember the exact wording, but that was the effect). While my job was hitting the floor thinking that all inspection had stopped, the message changed to they'd email the results in 24 hours.

If they can't do 24 hrs turnover, just say, "will email when inspected" or somesuch.

QC doesn't work weekends.

Jill

QC doesn't work weekends.

Jill

That's what I thought; but I assumed when I saw the "24hr" thing that must have changed.

I hope they read this, I have to thank QC, the first time in 8 years I included an image that should not have been uploaded 6400 ISO for goodness sake! anyway tried to get it removed but no go, so figured I was in for a 28 day wait, surprise! got rejected today, I know strange I am happy about a rejection  :D

Anyway I have a 9 day penalty before I can upload again, getting old, need to be more aware and attentive, still learning life's lessons.

But thanks QC for minimising my embarrassment. :wub:

Archived