Manage images not working?

I'm not aware of a new version. Have I missed something?

Geoff.

Well, Alamy calls it the "new version," but it has been around for several years.

Interesting. I thought maybe you were seeing the upcoming new tools and I'd missed the announcement.  :)

Well the "flash" version works for me at the moment after a quick check. I wasn't aware the old version was still available. Is that the old non-flash method?

Geoff.

Wishful thinking. Yes, that's the old non-flash version. I still find it useful sometimes.

AFAIK my flash player is up-to-date, but I'll check to make sure. Adobe usually nags me mercilessly if it isn't.

Geoff.

Well, Alamy calls it the "new version," but it has been around for several years.

Interesting. I thought maybe you were seeing the upcoming new tools and I'd missed the announcement.  :)

Well the "flash" version works for me at the moment after a quick check. I wasn't aware the old version was still available. Is that the old non-flash method?

Geoff.

Wishful thinking. Yes, that's the old non-flash version. I still find it useful sometimes.

AFAIK my flash player is up-to-date, but I'll check to make sure. Adobe usually nags me mercilessly if it isn't.

It's still only available if you use it regularly. If you don't use it for a few months it disappears.

Definitely a case of use it or lose it!

John.

Geoff.

Geoff.

It's still only available if you use it regularly. If you don't use it for a few months it disappears.

John.

Not true for me! I haven't used the old version for more than a year...just went to it and it's all there just as it used to be!

Phil

Geoff.

Geoff.

John.

Not true for me! I haven't used the old version for more than a year...just went to it and it's all there just as it used to be!

Phil

Right, I will have to try it again!

One question though, if you click on manage images it just goes to the new version. How do you get to the old version?

Geoff.

Geoff.

John.

Phil

One question though, if you click on manage images it just goes to the new version. How do you get to the old version?

When I click on Manage Images a new window opens giving me both options, then I choose ....

Phil

Geoff.

Geoff.

John.

Phil

When I click on Manage Images a new window opens giving me both options, then I choose ....

Phil

Could you tell us the URL for the old version? The new one is

http://www.alamy.com/Myimages_V2.4/annotation.asp?v=2.4

Here's the URL I get from clicking on Manage your images button on my dashboard:

http://www.alamy.com/manageimages-redirect.asp

Then I just click on whichever version I want.

Phil

Thanks Phil. I can see that page giving the choice using your link, but unfortunately clicking on the old version still redirects to "My Alamy" for me.

Geoff.

Seems like only Alamy tech boffins can answer why it works for some and not others, regardless of how recently they have used it.

Phil

Thanks for that. There was discussion about "use it or lose it" years ago. I didn't and did. The old one is a faint memory now.

Roll on the new, new version because my second monitor has cheered up and now refreshes non-Flash screens properly.

I've been using the old forever. I like how the choices are all on the same page, the selecting of text and sliding it to the appropriate box without having to cut and paste.

The only time I use the new is for searches.

When I am in Manage Images, both versions are available.

Well, the "new" version is back up and running today (touch wood). The old version has always been available for me, even when I haven't used it for extended periods of time. It's the new one that I find unreliable, but I guess that's par for the course with flash.

I could never use the old version.  I think those of use who signed up to Alamy after the new version came in, never got to access to the old version.  Seems only those that have been here longer than me (which is just over 3 years) can still access the old MI.

Jill

I could never use the old version.  I think those of use who signed up to Alamy after the new version came in, never got to access to the old version.  Seems only those that have been here longer than me (which is just over 3 years) can still access the old MI.

Jill

I've been here 9 years but I can't access the old version any more.

John.

Jill

I've been here 9 years but I can't access the old version any more.

John.

So goes that theory.  :unsure:

Jill

Anyway i would not use to much time discussing this since the real new tools should be show up soon. Finally no flash :)

I hope so as Flash is needing to be updated every couple of weeks or so because of 'security concerns'. While I could let this happen 'in the background' I prefer to know what updates are installed when.  Roll on the new Manage Images and no Flash.......

Archived