The new Alamy dashboard

I wasn't aware that "if you don't use it, you lose it".  :)  While I have used the new version, I still find I prefer the old.  I keyword in Bridge, so the batch function is of no use to me.  For the most part, my images are individual or occasionally just a small group of like subject.

If I have several images that share the same keywords, maybe a horizontal and vertical, I break up my keywords from comprehensive to the proper boxes once.  Then on the next image, I just copy and paste what's in those boxes to the next image.  No having to go to "Previous image" and back. Just a tiny scroll.

I do use the search function in the new version quite a bit if I want to find a set of images to refine keywords. 

I wasn't aware that "if you don't use it, you lose it":)  While I have used the new version, I still find I prefer the old.  I keyword in Bridge, so the batch function is of no use to me.  For the most part, my images are individual or occasionally just a small group of like subject.

If I have several images that share the same keywords, maybe a horizontal and vertical, I break up my keywords from comprehensive to the proper boxes once.  Then on the next image, I just copy and paste what's in those boxes to the next image.  No having to go to "Previous image" and back. Just a tiny scroll.

I do use the search function in the new version quite a bit if I want to find a set of images to refine keywords. 

Betty, I had a batch pass yesterday and I used the "now manage your images" link, which I don't usually do as it used to take me to the 'there is a newer version of manage images, do you want to use that?' screen. However, yesterday it took me directly to the new version. I hadn't used the old version for a long time so I suppose i've lost that now. So if you want to keep the old version, keep using it!

John.

When I first joined I did have access to the old version, although I think the new version was also available.

Ah - but did you ever use the old version?

Yes, I think so, but not for long and then I stopped.

Whether or not you wish to retain the option of old or new, my original annoyance still remains:

From "My Images" you get a screen offering old or new version.   If you click "old" you go straight there.

But if you click "New" you get the same screen and have to click "New" again before starting work.

Maybe it is beyond the wit of man to fix this, but I doubt it.

Whether or not you wish to retain the option of old or new, my original annoyance still remains:

From "My Images" you get a screen offering old or new version.   If you click "old" you go straight there.

But if you click "New" you get the same screen and have to click "New" again before starting work.

Maybe it is beyond the wit of man to fix this, but I doubt it.

Peter, that always happened to me, but like I said in an earlier post, yesterday it took me straight to the new version with one click.

John.

Back to the topic of the new dashboard - I've gone off it!! I've not had a sale since it came in  :(

John.

DITTO  :(

Allan

I wasn't aware that "if you don't use it, you lose it".  :)  While I have used the new version, I still find I prefer the old.  I keyword in Bridge, so the batch function is of no use to me.  For the most part, my images are individual or occasionally just a small group of like subject.

Although I now do all my keywording in Bridge as well, the batch function is still great for all the attributes. I"ll stick the whole lot in bactch, do all the attributes the same (as at least half of them will be) then change each individually that are different than my batch settings.  I'll mark all with 0 people, (as about half of my shots don't have any people), property that does need releases and then the rest is almost always the same - my pseudo never changes, always a photograph, 99.9% have no digital alterations and always RM..As well on most batches, the location will be the same.

Jill

Although I now do all my keywording in Bridge as well, the batch function is still great for all the attributes. I"ll stick the whole lot in bactch, do all the attributes the same (as at least half of them will be) then change each individually that are different than my batch settings.  I'll mark all with 0 people, (as about half of my shots don't have any people), property that does need releases and then the rest is almost always the same - my pseudo never changes, always a photograph, 99.9% have no digital alterations and always RM..As well on most batches, the location will be the same.

Jill

Jill, if you keyword in bridge, then your images, after approved, arrive with all the keywords in Comprehensive.  Are you saying you can take these images in the new version, add attributes, and not lose the keywords in Comprehensive?  I thought all the keywords were lost when you batch them. I've been afraid to try.

Betty

Jill

Jill, if you keyword in bridge, then your images, after approved, arrive with all the keywords in Comprehensive.  Are you saying you can take these images in the new version, add attributes, and not lose the keywords in Comprehensive?  I thought all the keywords were lost when you batch them. I've been afraid to try.

Betty

Only the areas you mark are changed. If you don't select any of the keyword sections, none of them change.That's why there is a little check box at each section. Don't choose the check box, nothing changes.

Jill

Archived