Alamywhacks- who's unique?

spacecadet

Mine happened to be 2 words, but no, I think any search qualifies. The longer the funnier, judging by Wim's collection.

Edit: turns out I have a page and a half of them this year, including 2 zooms. Ho hum.

The most interesting is "celery victor".

Wow it even has it's own wiki page.

This is one for Brian Yarvin. ;-)

Funnier or sillier. Some are difficult to prevent:

Coolangatta Mountain are two people on mountain bikes in Coolangatta.

wim

OK, here's a recent one for me:  "music class Vancouver".   Apparently I'm the only one with an image with those keywords, but unfortunately my image is not really of a music class, it just has those keywords.    I'm not planning to take photos of a music class anytime soon, so Vancouver people, here's your chance!

Maria

Ooh, I just had one this morning. Total Views: 1, Total Zooms: 1. I didn't even realise I was the only person with a photo of it.

Alan

The idea was to see what some of these odd images were. A few of us have revealed them. Not much point to the thread otherwise.

Sure, I know that. I've just created a new point to the thread: to reassure you that there are still subjects that haven't been done to death and which customers are looking for. Go out and find your own, folks.

Alan

• Like 1

I've got 'Teresa May dogs' - I had big hopes for those - still to sell unfortunately.

Going to the dogs might have helped.

Maybe I should try and win this month's challenge. It would be a great theme: images that could illustrate proverbs, expressions or sayings.

No good images of rivers though.

wim

I've got 'Teresa May dogs' - I had big hopes for those - still to sell unfortunately.

Possibly because most people will be looking for 'Theresa May dogs'?

Alan

Good point. Spelling corrected and no longer an Alamywhack. But I can now at least be prepared for the sales to start rolling in. You will of course get a percentage, Alan.

Edited by Phil Robinson

Possibly because most people will be looking for 'Theresa May dogs'?

Alan

Having said that, four searches registered for our PM today - 1 'Theresa' and 3 'Teresa's.I kept both

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Horace Steele"

Mr. Steele was an Arizonan who came from humble beginnings, built a fortune in petroleum and trucking, and established a charitible foundation which donated to, among other causes, the central Phoenix park that contains his statue, of which there is only one image on Alamy. 

• 4 years later...

I have a set of images on Alamy of a well documented but little known place/building in Cambridge which when searched for only mine show up.

Unfortunately they have never been searched for.  I await the day when someone wants to buy the copyright from me.

Allan

DAMMIT! Just done another search and there are now some more, but not many.😡

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell

I recently uploaded the only 2 images of a natural world subject. Will it sell? Hmmmm... it's so obscure that I didn't even know what it was and had to research it. An Aussie thing.

half-a-face-manikin-mannequin-in-a-store

I was walking through the Mall thinking of having sex with statues, (Agalmatophilia) when there she was. So I whipped out my camera and took a picture.

There was a Alamy search using the keyword Agalmatophilia and there she was again, only my image KDNC3G returned, which was then zoomed. CTR 100.00. No sale however.

The moral of this story is to have a fertile imagination, camera in hand, and a good vocabulary.