Sign in to follow this  
spacecadet

Alamywhacks- who's unique?

Apparently "cycle and pomerol" is unique to me.

Does anyone else have an image which is the only result for a given search term, in the spirit of the Googlewhack?

Edited by spacecadet

Pouvez-vous parler anglais s'il vous plait?

Until I mentioned the fact until recently I had "Vlaams Friet" ;)

Sorry. Still only the two, though. My last ones were merely Walloon.

Edited by spacecadet

OpSail 2012 Connecticut

(More than one image, but they are all mine - did you mean just one image or that all results for a specific search are yours?) 

Edited by Marianne

OpSail 2012 Connecticut

(More than one image, but they are all mine - did you mean just one image or that all results for a specific search are yours?) 

All results yours. More interested in single results, and I meant actual customer search results, rather than search terms you could think of yourself.

Edited by spacecadet

Yesterday. It's in AoA-"cycle and pomerol", to be accurate.

Edited by spacecadet

Thanks, It's been zoomed a few times and sold once already, but the single view amused me. It's a niche for someone but I don't think I'll be back in Bordeaux any time soon. Although that one was taken in Toulouse, I think the searcher was after something else.

It comes up first on Google Images, though.

Edited by spacecadet

I've got quite a number of photos of plant species and varieties where my shots are the only ones on Alamy but it's rare for me to only have a single shot to represent them.  However, I've had two sales recently (three in total) for one of my uniques.  All searched for by the species and variety.  Very satisfying.

Had a couple of single view searches this month, one zoomed (Edit - just checked it was used by the Mail). Nothing particularly special or unusual about either of them, so I won't be divulging here what they were!

Further edit - an as yet unsearched exclusive of mine that I am quite fond of "no gazebos allowed"

Edited by Bryan
  • Upvote 1

Had a couple of single view searches this month, one zoomed (Edit - just checked it was used by the Mail). Nothing particularly special or unusual about either of them, so I won't be divulging here what they were!

The point of the thread was to see what they were.

Come on Spacecadet, you know that's so simple: go to AoA and have a look at any of the searches with Views: 1.

For a search 11-12 October there are a bit over 200.

And 1420 with 0 views!

Because AoA does not show filter settings, the result may be more than one though.

The same for restrictions: sometimes no image comes up. Probably because I am in a restricted part of the world.

wim

My thread was about contributors' own examples, not how to find them in AoA.

My thread was about contributors' own examples, not how to find them in AoA.

Of course it was, but somehow contributors don't seem to be proud of them as we once were.

Last time already the thread lasted for barely a page.

I don't seem to be so creative: I think I have none.

wim

Ooh, I just had one this morning. Total Views: 1, Total Zooms: 1. I didn't even realise I was the only person with a photo of it.

Alan

Ooh, I just had one this morning. Total Views: 1, Total Zooms: 1. I didn't even realise I was the only person with a photo of it.

Alan

The idea was to see what some of these odd images were. A few of us have revealed them. Not much point to the thread otherwise.

Edited by spacecadet

I certainly wouldn't post one for fear someone will add to the subject and take some of my advantage.

Paulette

Speaking for my own Alamywhack I somehow don't think anyone's going to fly to Bordeaux tomorrow and dilute a search that's been made once in 7 years for an image that has sold once in 5.

Depends upon the image Mark.  If a one off opportunity, (Titanic sinking perhaps) no problem posting, but if easily obtained and an unlikely niche, no chance.

Well just don't contribute then.

I've learnt something about how far the goodwill on this forum goes, at least.

I thought this would be a light-hearted bit of fun. Sheesh.

AAhhhhh. Don't feel bad. I just suggested why you weren't getting a big response. You are not as paranoid and secretive as the rest of us.

Paulette

:)  I was feeling a bit old-gittish about that last post. Thanks for the comment.