Have you found any Alamy images January 2016

Martin, how have you inserted that picture, without a huge image displaying?

Not entirely sure. I just dragged it from the thumbnails on the Alamy search results. Sometimes it seems to be that size other times a little larger. Someone suggested that it should read zooms rather than 'comp' (I think) immediately i.e: ...alamy.com/zooms... in the image url. The secret seems to be to choose the smallest image you find and then either drag and drop or right click and copy image location. Now I have edited it seems to have gone large for some reason ;)

Martin, how have you inserted that picture, without a huge image displaying?

Not entirely sure. I just dragged it from the thumbnails on the Alamy search results. Sometimes it seems to be that size other times a little larger. Someone suggested that it should read zooms rather than 'comp' (I think) immediately i.e: ...alamy.com/zooms... in the image url. The secret seems to be to choose the smallest image you find and then either drag and drop or right click and copy image location. Now I have edited it seems to have gone large for some reason ;)

Strange or what, I inspected the the html of the page and it seems to be constraining the image, in the first post but not in the repost!

Mail Online 29th

F1A44B Kevin Clark American Airlines Boeing 777 N723AN arriving at London-Heathrow Airport LHR ( Lots of similars, think it's this one)
CF33JJ Glyn Thomas Warwick Crown Court in the centre of Warwick

DYHH3C   Graham Prentice  Red Volkswagen Golf GTI damaged in rear collision road accident

AYMC3E   David Robinson Hull Crown Court and Combined Centre

BTP8RR   Peter Phipp 24hr supermarket opening at Tesco in Kensington London

B6F7XJ Marina Horvat Thousand Franc notes, Swiss banknotes

A04H05  Justin Kase  Paperboy on his round cycling out of house driveway after delivering newspapers early morning before school

FA63JX   Chris Bull  A papergirl on a newspaper round

EGJEBR  mainpicture  A typical e-cigarette with its fluid in front of discarded crumpled cigarette packets cartons in the background

B3MPCP  Robert Clayton  Eurostar train at the newly renovated St Pancras International Station London (No credits)

D8P9GM   Artur Marciniec Close up of a woman inhaling from an electronic cigarette

CXMKGC  Dennis Cox  Las Ramblas in Barcelona in autumn

CW419F  Piere Bonbon  Parisian French police with bicycles at Sacre Coeur watching tourists

BBXX7J  JLImages  Plaza Mayor illuminated with pavement cafes, Madrid, Spain

AMNJ9X  Radius Images  Charles Bridge, Prague, Czech Republic

EKCJYM  Reiner Elsen  Italy Rome Piazza Cavour

Crikey, that article's from June 2014 - hope you've been paid!

DYDBMC by Loop Images Ltd

tranquil-reflections-and-morning-mist-in

...and yours...

DHNMET by Paul Chambers

bradford-on-avon-kennet-avon-canal-wilts

If you want a normal size image and not a huge one  >> change the second "comp" into "zooms" in the image URL (e.g. http://c7.alamy.com/comp/F7KFGP/tourists-watching...... )

Cheers,

Philippe

Well-found, Philippe...or should I call you...Sherlock!!! ;)

Used to be a lot easier when the zoom page had thumbnails of 'from the same photographer' or however it was worded.  You could then (in Firefox, for example) view Page Info, select the media tab and scroll down to the thumbnails.  Aah, the good old days...

Telegraph Online

ERH104 Lebrecht Music and Arts Photo Library The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. Illustration by Charles Robinson.
CFFHR2 Ben Molyneux The children's novel 'Tom's Midnight Garden' by Philippa Pearce.
BFKAK5 The Art Archive The Selfish Giant, from The Happy Prince And Other Stories, by Oscar Wilde, 1854-1900, Irish writer, 1888
ANJHA3 Mary Evans Picture Library Romeo Juliet Balcony
BFTMK8 The Art Archive The Door in the Wall and other stories by H G Wells
CTT511 Aurelian Images Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden (cropped)

A71D1W   GeoMuse Lodi Gardens New Delhi India
BY49W4 Anstock Powis Castle and Gardens
B6KB61 PETER COOK Gardens of Ninfa, Lazio
AF3ME0 Marc Hill Hotel Endsleigh Milton Abbot Devon
BAEX0P REDA &CO srl La Mortola, Italy
BN2WKW Ashley Cooper pics The Abbey Gardens, Tresco,

Guardian online

DWE7BC Steve Austin/Papilio House sparrow
BGG44F Andrew Darrington Redwing Turdus iliacus eating Snow
DT46GH Avpics The queue of airlines on final approach to land at London Heathrow

losdemas

Oh yes I didn't notice have they republished it, as date on top of page is today

The date at the top of the page will always be the current date - it's automatically generated, (take a look at the same page tomorrow).

The article date and author etc. is clearly listed as follows at the head of the article (alongside a mugshot of the journalist):

By Max Davidson

7:00AM BST 09 Jun 2014

Times 30th

P20  Greg Balfour Evans Period shops and cafe, The Broadway, Old Amersham, Buckinghamshire, England, United Kingdom

period-shops-and-cafe-the-broadway-old-a

Times Weekend 30th

P19 Florapix Common Primrose Primula Vulgaris British Wild Flower

common-primrose-primula-vulgaris-british

P20 Steffen Hauser Broad bean (Vicia faba 'Karmazyn'

broad-bean-vicia-faba-karmazyn-EAWJ6E.jp

P21 W014JL Photolibrary Wales frost Hills Pathway Radnorshire Llandrindod Wells Stile Cefnllys countryside Trees Castle Footpath morning

frost-hills-pathway-radnorshire-llandrin

P39  Iconotec France, Rhone Alpes, Vienne, theatre

france-rhone-alpes-vienne-theatre-C406XJ

rovinj-is-a-city-in-croatia-situated-on-

Photo by Henk Meijer found by Photographer Scarborough Aiden Clarke in a Telegraph article about the 30 most beautiful towns in Europe. The photograph is of the town of Rovinj. This traffic free town comes highly recommended by the Telegraph for its good food and pretty architecture.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/12129402/The-30-most-beautiful-towns-in-Europe.html

Photo by Henk Meijer found by Photographer Scarborough Aiden Clarke in a Telegraph article about the 30 most beautiful towns in Europe. The photograph is of the town of Rovinj. This traffic free town comes highly recommended by the Telegraph for its good food and pretty architecture.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/12129402/The-30-most-beautiful-towns-in-Europe.html

Lynne

Forum regular

• photo-thumb-217.jpg?_r=1368466882
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 669 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 4 hours ago

Guardian Online 29 January 2016

http://www.theguardi...at-survey-finds

RGB Ventures / SuperStock 

surgery-d0kdd6.jpg

Telegraph Online 29 January 2016

http://www.telegraph...-in-Europe.html

Henk Meijer

rovinj-is-a-city-in-croatia-situated-on-

Daily Mail Online 30/1/16

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-3424054/An-Inspector-Calls-Bath-s-iconic-Royal-Crescent-Hotel-refurbished-offer-dreamy-courtyard-garden-indoor-pool.html

C786MD   Ian Dagnall Commercial Collection      Shops on Stall Street outside the Roman Baths, Bath, Somerset

OK, I realise this is not hugely helpful, but there is a book called "News Now: Visual Storytelling in the Digital Age" 

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=uqVYCwAAQBAJ&pg=PT612&lpg=PT612&dq=alamy+pjrstudio&source=bl&ots=0Z-L0st99n&sig=ztvYjYy9__BTRGhR5x-QQdN_1-A&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjp7fXV8dHKAhVLnRoKHV-iCTgQ6AEINjAF#v=onepage&q=alamy%20pjrstudio&f=false

packed full of Alamy photos. If you do that kind of thing, a look in the content pages may be worth a go.

A few examples:

Iain Masteron

Amer Ghazzal

Craig Ruttle

Wiskerke

Peter Steiner

ME

Michael Craig

Eddie Gerald

Guy Croft

and many more

30/01/2016, UK, Guardian, p20, tourism in Gambia, D0596J, Charlotte Thege [Alamy credit only]
30/01/2016, UK, Guardian, p40, backpackers in station, E7J0HD, tony french [Cropped. No credit - poss not via Alamy]
30/01/2016, UK, Guardian, p41, woman using strimmer, EWCHEY, Kathy deWitt [No credit - poss not via Alamy]
30/01/2016, UK, Guardian, p46, still from L'Histoire de Marie et Julien, BKGDPM, Moviestore collection Ltd [Alamy credit only]
30/01/2016, UK, Guardian [Travel section], p1, fried breakfast, D78EJ5, Robert Convery [No credit - poss not via Alamy]
30/01/2016, UK, Guardian [Travel section], p7, girl using laptop on beach, F81NN8, Dash
30/01/2016, UK, Guardian [Travel section], p9, toilet roll, BGF52B, Simon Belcher [No credit - poss not via Alamy]
30/01/2016, UK, Guardian [Travel section], p10, TV filming in Cairo, C6CPPK, Claudia Wiens [Alamy credit only]
30/01/2016, UK, Guardian [Magazine], p19, Hilary Benn at Tony Benn's funeral, DXXD51, Kristian Buus [Alamy credit only]
30/01/2016, UK, Guardian [Magazine], p67, Silybum marianum, DCFAR9, CNP Collection [Alamy credit only]
30/01/2016, UK, Guardian [Magazine], p69, Solihull, EHCXXJ, Nick Maslen [Alamy credit only]

In today's Daily mail(UK) 30 January......

(Sorry...couldn't find them!!!)

Page 57... Palm Hotel. Dubai......Alamy credit

Page 59... Monet's House...........Alamy/4Corners credit

Page 60....Church of Agia Sophia...Alamy credit only

I'm new to this so please accept my apologies for not being able to connect with the stock images

Regards, Davey :ph34r:

OK, I realise this is not hugely helpful, but there is a book called "News Now: Visual Storytelling in the Digital Age" 

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=uqVYCwAAQBAJ&pg=PT612&lpg=PT612&dq=alamy+pjrstudio&source=bl&ots=0Z-L0st99n&sig=ztvYjYy9__BTRGhR5x-QQdN_1-A&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjp7fXV8dHKAhVLnRoKHV-iCTgQ6AEINjAF#v=onepage&q=alamy%20pjrstudio&f=false

packed full of Alamy photos. If you do that kind of this, a look in the content pages may be worth a go.

A few examples:

Iain Masteron

Amer Ghazzal

Craig Ruttle

Wiskerke

Peter Steiner

ME

Michael Craig

Eddie Gerald

Guy Croft

and many more

Thank you for spotting!

wim

30/01/2016, UK, Independent [Travel section], p6, immigrants at Ellis Island, A1RFRF, MPVHistory
30/01/2016, UK, Independent [Travel section], p12, Boipeba in Brazil, FAHY9W, Chester Voyage [Cropped. Alamy credit only]
30/01/2016, UK, Independent [Magazine], p20, Bilbao airport, DC5MW4, age fotostock [No credit - poss not via Alamy]
30/01/2016, UK, Independent [Magazine], p21, Queen Alia airport in Jordan, EPWXN2, Arcaid Images [No credit - poss not via Alamy]
30/01/2016, UK, Independent [Magazine], p31, Butley Orford Oysterage, credited to Parker Photography/Alamy but that images doesn't seem to be on Alamy now
30/01/2016, UK, Independent [Magazine], p35, SW coast path, BFBB6T, Derek Stone

Archived