Question for dog experts

A cute little guy indeed. A mix (sometimes called a love child, a passion of the moment, a one-night stand). Forgive my fanciful, romantic thoughts. I see part Jack Russell and I almost see the other breed . . . but don't. How would one keyword the unknown? "Mixed breed," I guess.  :)

Nipper, LOL. But . . . though the body and the cutoff tail look Jack Russell, the head (although proportionately sized) is shaped more like a setter of some kind or a cocker spaniel. 

I've never seen a Scandinavian Farm Dog. A nice, tough-looking terrier, and I'm sure they do a good job sorting out the rats. And being a terrier, they know no fear. 

I agree with the above, Jack (Parson) Terrier mix.

I had a Labrador / Retriever cross. He was black and looked like a Lab apart from longer hair. He went everywhere with me. He got used to my 10" x 8" camera routine in the landscape. He would run around, checking every now and again to see what I was up to until I put the film holder in. He would then run back and sit quietly under the tripod with ears cocked until I had taken two sheets of film and then he knew it was safe to run off and enjoy himself again. He was a fantastic retriever too. I dropped my car keys on the side of a hill in thick bracken once when I was photographing out in the wilds somewhere. When I got back to the car and noticed they were gone I sent him off to find them and he did. 

I can't tell . . . the door-frame covers their face and most of their body. But they've got a nice dog.

dd

Jack Russell or Parson Jack Russell -- it's the same animal with a new name. Sort of. Parson is the one we now see in dog shows; the Jack is a street thug, or rather a farm thug.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parson_Russell_Terrier

(The extreme heat may have gotten to Dusty.)  :)

. . . extreme? Step outside sir, we're headed for a mild (not) 41 deg C tomorrow . . . what's that, around 106 degrees F . . . extreme? Bah humbug . . .

dd

Lovely terrier but, to play safe, I'd be tempted to include the word 'mongrel' (being molested by a 2 year old Golden Retriever as I type this - nearing her dinner time....got to go....)

Good suggestion. I'll add "mongrel" and dispense with the parson. Actually, mongrels are the only dogs that I'm good at identifying.

Does anyone know what breed this cute little guy is? Some kind of terrier? Or a mixture?

Thanks.

Looks like a smooth haired Jack Russel to me - they are quite variable in colour and hairiness as far as I can tell. If there were any furry vermin around you would soon find out.....

Does anyone know what breed this cute little guy is? Some kind of terrier? Or a mixture?

Thanks.

Looks like a smooth haired Jack Russel to me - they are quite variable in colour and hairiness as far as I can tell. If there were any furry vermin around you would soon find out.....

Like these?

Archived