Alamy blog - Stock photography trends 2015

Alamy

The Professional Masterchef competition which ended just before Christmas had quite a few dishes featuring cauliflower - it was quite noticeable how many chefs were using cauliflower a lot. And not one of them had it with cheese sauce.

Cauliflower? Really?

As a vegetarian with a cheese allergy my wife was once served plain boiled cauliflower florets as a starter in France. The chef then presented her with a whole cauliflower on a plate for her main.

Cauliflower? Really?

As a vegetarian with a cheese allergy my wife was once served plain boiled cauliflower florets as a starter in France. The chef then presented her with a whole cauliflower on a plate for her main.

France is not really the country to visit then ... I am told that France has got a better for vegetarians (I have not had cause to check) but as it was from a complete lack of any understanding of what being a vegetarian meant ... Must still be impossible to eat out in France as a vegan.

The Professional Masterchef competition which ended just before Christmas had quite a few dishes featuring cauliflower - it was quite noticeable how many chefs were using cauliflower a lot. And not one of them had it with cheese sauce.

I obviously need to spend more time keeping up with trends. Or watching telly;-)

My crystal ball is cloudy at best, but I imagine that the impacts (good and bad) of plummeting oil prices will be a popular topic in 2015.

Alberta will be the place to visit for stock pictures John, because,  as the price drops it could, or I think, will, have a massive impact on the province.

My crystal ball is cloudy at best, but I imagine that the impacts (good and bad) of plummeting oil prices will be a popular topic in 2015.

Alberta will be the place to visit for stock pictures John, because,  as the price drops it could, or I think, will, have a massive impact on the province.

Yes, perhaps a good opportunity for Alberta-bound (Calgary especially) photographers. I'm staying put, though. Alberta's too cold for me.

I spend a lot of Saturdays shooting images at our local organic farmer's markets. I've got Cauliflower already covered and uploaded, albeit full heads.

Because of my location and my past work experience, I should fenangle my way into a few network operations centers and 3D printing houses. I would have not thought to do that on my own! Also the Society and Lifestyle suggestions are right up my alley too.

Ha.. Lots of comments about food, few on the Gender / society subjects..

I'm more interested in the society pointers, although using unreleased images would not be possible for some I. The transgender images. (Genderqueer - I hate that term though)

It's an election year here so politics will rule the news - it all makes sense really...

Archived