Alamy blog - Stock photography trends 2015

The Professional Masterchef competition which ended just before Christmas had quite a few dishes featuring cauliflower - it was quite noticeable how many chefs were using cauliflower a lot. And not one of them had it with cheese sauce.

• Upvote 1

Cauliflower? Really?

As a vegetarian with a cheese allergy my wife was once served plain boiled cauliflower florets as a starter in France. The chef then presented her with a whole cauliflower on a plate for her main.

For a while now we have occasionally made a light mashed potato alternative with cauliflower, and friends do a mean cauliflower soup. Cauliflower has never been out of fashion for me - much prefer it to broccoli.

Cauliflower? Really?

As a vegetarian with a cheese allergy my wife was once served plain boiled cauliflower florets as a starter in France. The chef then presented her with a whole cauliflower on a plate for her main.

France is not really the country to visit then ... I am told that France has got a better for vegetarians (I have not had cause to check) but as it was from a complete lack of any understanding of what being a vegetarian meant ... Must still be impossible to eat out in France as a vegan.

The Professional Masterchef competition which ended just before Christmas had quite a few dishes featuring cauliflower - it was quite noticeable how many chefs were using cauliflower a lot. And not one of them had it with cheese sauce.

I obviously need to spend more time keeping up with trends. Or watching telly;-)

• Upvote 1

My crystal ball is cloudy at best, but I imagine that the impacts (good and bad) of plummeting oil prices will be a popular topic in 2015.

Alberta will be the place to visit for stock pictures John, because,  as the price drops it could, or I think, will, have a massive impact on the province.

My crystal ball is cloudy at best, but I imagine that the impacts (good and bad) of plummeting oil prices will be a popular topic in 2015.

Alberta will be the place to visit for stock pictures John, because,  as the price drops it could, or I think, will, have a massive impact on the province.

Yes, perhaps a good opportunity for Alberta-bound (Calgary especially) photographers. I'm staying put, though. Alberta's too cold for me.

I spend a lot of Saturdays shooting images at our local organic farmer's markets. I've got Cauliflower already covered and uploaded, albeit full heads.

Because of my location and my past work experience, I should fenangle my way into a few network operations centers and 3D printing houses. I would have not thought to do that on my own! Also the Society and Lifestyle suggestions are right up my alley too.

• Upvote 1

Ha.. Lots of comments about food, few on the Gender / society subjects..

I'm more interested in the society pointers, although using unreleased images would not be possible for some I. The transgender images. (Genderqueer - I hate that term though)

It's an election year here so politics will rule the news - it all makes sense really...