CA QC fail-really?

Can't work out how to do it, sorry

Put it on Photobucket or similar or email me a jpeg...emails on website link.

First place I would look is where the white paint of the boat meets contrasting colour/tone.

You did get it on here and now it's gone....

I think you had marks on the sky area next to the pole. Also a little red  on the tops of the clouds. There again, I am so paranoid about CA now that I seem to see it everywhere!

So, for those of us arriving late . . . was there CA or was there not?

dd

Sorry, will repost.

Alamy doesn't allow Photobucket full-size.

Interestingly, I uploaded different images straight away and had a fail notified (no problem identifying it) within an hour.

Just post the link from a site like Photobucket - you don't need to have it displayed on the forum.

Not borderline at all. Heaps of both sorts of CA left and right.

Just tick that box in ACR and probably 90% of it is gone.

Maybe not all the green stuff, because that can be quite persistent. Could you post a RAW version alongside the JPG?

wim

I can't see the CA either, and I already have new glasses, which is why I now let my camera automatically correct CA. I'm also terrible at identifying noise, so ditto. Have had no problems in either of these departments since I let the technology take over.

Pretty harsh call IMO. At least you got a vacation out of it.

I see the green fringes on the shadow edges aginst the white, at first I thought it might be reflection from the blue-green deck.

Out of curiousity - what camera & lens were you using? I thought these days CA was usually much less of an issue, except for compacts? I can't say I notice it on my current kit (a bit of purple fringing perhaps when I am pushing the boundaries). I had it in spades when I was playing with an old Tamron 300mm f2.8 recently

There is still some green on the edge of the shadow of the boot bottom left (as KM picked up) and purple on the edges of the white structure so it is still there. The pink/purple on the cleat is reflection of the pink jacket in my view. Problems is that there are greenish, pink/purple reflections and colour casts from the deck and jacket etc but not pink down in left bottom

Archived