How do I delete one of my images?

Wanderluster;

Once they have passed QC (and only then), will they arrive in Manage Images, and you can delete it immediately using the "delete photo" button

Kumar

As you can see it depends on how far your image has got. The best time for deletion is after the QC when, or rather before, you annotate and keyword your images - before you finalise the image here it can be deleted totally and at once. After this a deletion will require 180 days notice, i.e. it will remain for sale half a year before it disappears from your portfolio. Your possibilities for editing the image during this time will be greyed out. In both cases you should use the delete button under the image in "Manage Images".

Edited by Niels Quist

If you think it is something that might cause you to fail QC you could email member services and let them know.

Paulette

I did that once when I left a photo in the folder that I had taken of a friend's horse at a horse pull competition. It was out of focus at 100%, but of course my friend would not have been looking at it that big.  When I emailed member services, I gave them the file name, but was told that once in the queue, I would have to wait for the conclusion of QC.

The lot passed QC and I deleted the photo in Manage Images. I don't know if it was looked at during QC, but probably not, as it would have been a sure fail.

So wanderluster will have to wait till QC is finished with it. If it has technical flaws, hopefully it won't be one of the ones looked at and can be removed from Manage Images. 

Jill

• 5 years later...
On 11/04/2014 at 18:33, wanderluster said:

I made a mistake and didn't mean to upload an image in a recent submission, and now cannot figure out how to delete it! HELP!!!

I did that too. uploaded two images that were already approved by mistake. Now I cannot cancel them.

Edited by dunstun365

19 hours ago, dunstun365 said:

I did that too. uploaded two images that were already approved by mistake. Now I cannot cancel them.

"Delete image" is at the bottom of the Optional panel at the right of Manage Images- where you add tags.

And yes, it is me😉

On 25/11/2019 at 21:22, Nick Hatton said:

You can delete any image after uploading as long as you do it before hitting finish upload button, just done it when a rogue family snap crept in to my submission.

Except if you use ftp to upload, of course. You can continue to edit greyed out ‘pending deletion’ images if you use Alamy Lightroom Bridge, which is very useful.

• 3 years later...
7 minutes ago, Hectorchrome said:

How do you go about deleting your entire image library here?

I was wondering why I wasn't being paid and saw that I am being charged 80% commission and would rather just delete after sixteen years of membership.

If you want to do that, you can email contributors at alamy dot com and ask them to terminate your account.  Mostly, just stop uploading and have a passive collection is better.   I had my account closed after the contract changed under PA's ownership, then came back because images sitting on my hard drive weren't going to bring in anything.

1 hour ago, Rebecca Ore said:

If you want to do that, you can email contributors at alamy dot com and ask them to terminate your account.  Mostly, just stop uploading and have a passive collection is better.   I had my account closed after the contract changed under PA's ownership, then came back because images sitting on my hard drive weren't going to bring in anything.

Thanks but I would earn more begging in the streets than what Alamy is selling my images for then charging 80% commission on them.

They sell them at under the agreed minimum rate and when I queried this they told me that they have a special rate for their favourite buyers which has seen me receive less than £2 for a sale and with it having to be a minimum of £50 credit to be paid I believe that this contributes to falling under the $250 level and commission then rising to 80%, a Catch 22.

21 minutes ago, Hectorchrome said:

Thanks but I would earn more begging in the streets than what Alamy is selling my images for then charging 80% commission on them.

They sell them at under the agreed minimum rate and when I queried this they told me that they have a special rate for their favourite buyers which has seen me receive less than £2 for a sale and with it having to be a minimum of £50 credit to be paid I believe that this contributes to falling under the $250 level and commission then rising to 80%, a Catch 22.

There's no agreed minimum rate for individual contributors, only for agencies. 

A couple of us have resigned and come back.  I'm one of them.   If you feel you must, my advice is is to download your data before leaving.

1 minute ago, Rebecca Ore said:

There's no agreed minimum rate for individual contributors, only for agencies. 

A couple of us have resigned and come back.  I'm one of them.   If you feel you must, my advice is is to download your data before leaving.

They must have changed that then as a decade ago there was a minimum rate and it was still a 50/50 commission.

I have uncleared credit from three images so I will not be deleting the account until that is paid, what I want is my images deleted.

Re uncleared credit, about a year ago I found an unpaid credit from a major press agency which had gone unpaid for over two years.

3 hours ago, Hectorchrome said:

They must have changed that then as a decade ago there was a minimum rate and it was still a 50/50 commission.

I have uncleared credit from three images so I will not be deleting the account until that is paid, what I want is my images deleted.

Re uncleared credit, about a year ago I found an unpaid credit from a major press agency which had gone unpaid for over two years.

They paid me what had cleared under $50 when I resigned  and later contacted me over another payment after I closed my Nicaraguan bank account.  If they're not paid, you don't get paid (I had one unpaid for almost a year).