Just a rant, because I can see other people are still making sales, so it's not a glitch. But I'd licensed 8 images by this time last month. Just 1 so far this month. Feels demotivating, but I guess this happens from time to time, especially with a relatively small portfolio. 

I'm going to York for a few days, no forecast rain woohoo. Already got 200+ photos to edit from a London trip; going to be a busy boy. Hope everyone is having a good month, if not in license numbers too!

Steve

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Nil desperandum Steve, it's swings and roundabouts. Sometimes sales seem to dry up for no particular reason. It is discouraging but then things bounce back and we feel good again. You're doing very well with your portfolio. It seems to have increased enormously in no time. Good job! Don't give up. Haut les coeurs!

Edited by gvallee
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Thanks Gen, good words.

I now have this worry at the back of my mind about AI decimating the stock industry, certainly for a lot of my portfolio, but we're not there yet!

1 hour ago, Steve F said:

Just a rant, because I can see other people are still making sales, so it's not a glitch. But I'd licensed 8 images by this time last month. Just 1 so far this month. Feels demotivating, but I guess this happens from time to time, especially with a relatively small portfolio. 

I'm going to York for a few days, no forecast rain woohoo. Already got 200+ photos to edit from a London trip; going to be a busy boy. Hope everyone is having a good month, if not in license numbers too!

Steve

My months always start off slow. It’s often the middle of the month before I see a sale, and I always feel discouraged, too. The two $$$ each this month (that’s all, so far) came after a week. I’ll take those two, though, if absolutely nothing else comes in, & be happy.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Steve F said:

Steve

Yes. Ups and downs here!  Enjoy the vikings!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Steve F said:

Steve

Yes. Ups and downs here!  Enjoy the vikings!

Not having a great time myself. 

But ever optimistic 😃

Taught my friend Alamy a year ago.

He's just text me a 140 dollar sale !

Happy for him. 

Me, usually getting 5 dollars !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve F said:

I'm approaching a rant too! My last sale was 23rd March last and up to today that's 18 days since. Bit of a long gap for me!

😩

• Thanks 1

My recent experience.

March  one sale on 4th then nothing.   26, 27, 28th March 4 sales.

April two sales 1st and 2nd then nothing.  Still early doors yet. Could be more in the pipeline.

Excuse me if made any mistakes. Suffering from migraine.

Allan

• Love 1

3 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Sadly, I feel that stock photography has become an almost perfect example of cognitive dissonance.

😵‍💫

" Ding-dong.
Hark! now I hear them,ding-dong, bell."

• Love 1

I'd say a lot of us are in the same boat, but some are in the boat with no paddle and others are in the water hanging on to the side and the sharks are circling. 😔

• Love 2