Wouldn’t it be nice

If we could search within our “Images Sold”. I just went through mine, page by painful pages, to count how many autumn images I have licensed. It would be a great function to, within that area, have a place to search by keyword. In my case, autumn.

But think of those of you who are contemplating submitting to another agency and need to know what has licensed before by RF or RM, for instance. Although that might not be an issue these days like it used to be.

It would also be a great way to know what category in your port that sells best. For instance, I search “autumn” and instantly see what has sold. Then search “spring” to compare numbers, and what I should concentrate on the most. Or, that old rusty tractor you snapped 10 years ago…has it ever sold? Just search “tractor” & you’ll know.

• Love 1
  • Like 6

Not so sure that this would be a priority for Alamy though agree that it is a very useful function for contributors. 

I've mentioned many times that I use Photoshelter at the core of my workflow.

One thing I do every month is add all new sold images from Alamy and 'the other place' to a dedicated image gallery.

I also maintain an 'All Sales' spreadsheet. An image will only appear once in the gallery but multiple times in the spreadsheet along with a record of which agency sold it.

I also keep sales spreadsheets for each agency with all the sales details that they provide. Alamy excels in this respect because at any time it is possible to download the complete sales history. 😀

Where Alamy really does not excel is that it withholds the name of the client necessitating a lot of to and fro ( and wasted time) when enquiring about users and potential infringements.😞

The 'sold images' gallery can be re-ordered at a click in different ways such as by image ref, date added to the gallery, date uploaded, date taken, best match ( to keyword)

The Photoshelter search engine allows search by gallery so the task Betty describes is easy.

Edited by geogphotos

a quickish way to rank one's most frequent sellers:

one's net revenue sales via dashboard can be dated starting with one's fist sale; (me April 2004)
download report from Alamy;
then column with one's image IDs can be copied into Excel column;
then that column can be ordered A to Z;
then a second column to right can contain same ID counting formula top to bottom;**
then that second column can be reordered, greatest number to smallest number;
IDK formula, but it can be found via question to Google...
in the end you will have your best sellers ranked...

And…..my method, if Alamy made it possible, you would go to Images sold, type in a common keyword, & get every image of that subject that has sold. Singles & multiples. Take about 20 seconds. If you want to know how many shopfronts you’ve sold, you type in “shopfront” & it’s done.

Unless you were too dumb to use the proper keywords! I would never tell you if that fit me in that case.😊

I would think that those of you who have very large portfolios, or have been selling for years would benefit the most.

In a not too distant post, when “what sells” was discussed, I counted my plant licenses to compare with other subjects. So I went through all of my licenses, everything I ever sold to count in several categories. What a pain that was.

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:

one's net revenue sales via dashboard can be dated starting with one's fist sale; (me April 2004)
then a second column to right can contain same ID counting formula top to bottom;**

Excel's pivot tables come really handy for doing all sorts of sales statistics, best sellers, etc.

Edited by giphotostock
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Steve, that famous deli was just 15 minutes from my front door. Never saw Meg there but, once in a while, I would treat myself to their pastrami on rye. I did see her often at a nearby Asian place in SoHo. 

It's a small world Edo....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:

As giphotostock says, you should take a look at Excel pivot table function. It allows analysis of sales revenue for each sold image.

Mark

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

That line by the woman is all-time hilarious.
Steve, I think in music, you think in films.

The women who delivered that memorable line was Estelle Reiner, the mother of the director and actor, Rob Reiner.  Such a great movie.  I have watched it multiple times.

• Love 1
  • Like 1