October Challenge - On Your Bike

TeeCee

I have missed the last few challenges, but have managed to get myself sorted out for this one.

fatbiking-at-mont-sainte-anne-in-quebec-

Fatbiking at Mont Ste Anne not far from Quebec

children-going-to-school-by-motorbike-in

The school run in Agra in India.

a-young-boy-8-yrs-old-jumping-on-his-mou

My son showing us how its done.
Edited by Colin Woods
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

Bump

Thanks Betty, was just about thank everyone for the fantastic images, and also remind anyone still to enter that entries for this months competition close at midnight GMT on Tuesday 31st Oct.

Good luck!
😀

I don't remember the proper way to post pics on this forum...

Anyway, my first was taken in Bucerias, Mexico, the second in Upper Mustang, Nepal, and the third in Kathmandu.

And I'm trying to delete my posts to start again, but I don't see the "delete" option.

Edited by pierre rochon
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, pierre rochon said:

Anyway, my first was taken in Bucerias, Mexico, the second in Upper Mustang, Nepal, and the third in Kathmandu.

And I'm trying to delete my posts to start again, but I don't see the "delete" option.

You can use edit to delete the content in a previous post and start again.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, pierre rochon said:

I can only tell you how I do it on my iPad. Go to the main Alamy search page & put your image number in. Click on the image, then the “enlarge” button. Then I hold my finger down on the image & get a pop up. I choose copy.

Then I go to the thread where I want to post it. There, in the lower bottom left, I click on that & choose “insert image from URL. If you have put text in the box first, position your curser below the text before clicking on the insert button.

It might be a different process on a PC.

• Like 1

On 28/10/2023 at 19:52, pierre rochon said:

Hi Pierre - your pictures were there for a little while - I presume you deleted them.
My method for posting large images from a PC is as follows.
Find the picture in Alamy and enlarge the image. Then drag the picture up into your browser's search bar. Copy that URL, find "Other Media" in your post, then paste the URL into "Insert Image from URL".
Hope this helps?
Tony

1 hour ago, TeeCee said:

Hi Pierre - your pictures were there for a little while - I presume you deleted them.
Find the picture in Alamy and enlarge the image. Then drag the picture up into your browser's search bar. Copy that URL, find "Other Media" in your post, then paste the URL into "Insert Image from URL".
Hope this helps?
Tony

Some browsers will let you drag the comp directly into your post in another tab.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TeeCee said:

Hope this helps?
Tony

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

Handcyclist in Central Park competing in New York City Marathon:

new-york-nov-7-differently-abled-male-ha

A boy rides home on his decorated bicycle after participating in the 40th Annual Black Point Beach Club Parade in Niantic, Connecticut, USA:

niantic-connecticut-july-4-2012-resident

A bicycle, sans rider, on a street in Stockholm, Sweden. The Swedish capital won the EC's first European Green Capital title in 2010:

blue-bicycle-on-quaint-cobblestone-stree

Not a lot of bikes in my portfolio, surprising since I love bike riding. But it was easy to pick a few before midnight on this side of the pond. Happy Halloween everyone! (Not sure how it works when it's still Daylight Savings Time here, but it's still close to midnight on your side of the pond as well, just not sure if it's ten to twelve or ten to one, but guessing since you didn't specify GMT I'm safe). Good challenge. Vertigo still rearing its ugly head so haven't been around here (or anywhere) much. 

Edited by Marianne
  • Love 1
  • Like 1