Another extraordinary sale made through ALAMY. 

The sale is for Country: Worldwide;  Usage: Editorial, Website and Social media, any size, single placement and design, worldwide, in perpetuity; Media: Website, app and social media; Print run: Unlimited; Placement: Any - print inside, electronic, online; Duration: In perpetuity.

And now the most exciting part of the sale: Amount $0.19. I’m officially member of the “Mini CENTS Club”.

Isn’t it the SALE OF THE YEAR? Certainly is. I would like to know that I’m not alone sharing the jackpot. Please tell us about your similar experiences. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Sorry hear of your minuscule sale, they can be very frustrating. I have seen similar sales reported here. The lowest I've ever had involved the highest sales since I've been submitting here, but typically $1 or $2, with some licensed multiple times. Now most are lower to to mid $$, though I haven't seen a $$$ sale for TV use for some time. I suspect the low fee was likely due your image being included in a large Alamy bulk sale hoping to bring on board a new client. My worry then is the new client will then always expect to licence for silly money. 

What image sold for $0.19, and were other sales for more normal amounts?

• Like 1

Multiple threads about this. Terrible month for fees for me, average of $5 gross, don't even want to think about net. I had 2 for novel use, $0.34, but NU isn't a big proportion of my sales. Too many $1.02, $1.07 etc. I don't really blame Alamy; state of the market. Hoping this is just a blip this month, otherwise I'm considering whether uploading is worth it anymore.

Maybe I'm just missing a few tens of thousands of images (and better photography skills):

Edited by Steve F
  • Like 1

Last month was awful for me, although no penny sales. Just $ and low $$. This month’s sale prices are very good, 3 out of five anyway. I say never give up hope because the good ones do happen. Just not as often as they used to.

There does come a time for everyone to consider whether spending the time is worth it & that’s very individual.
For me, it’s something to do to fill my time, & I actually get a bit of a kick still at rooting out a good subject to shoot. I’d rather do that than mop the floor. Shoot first, then mop later. I must have my priorities straight. :lol:

• Like 6

via another agency, most recent month included:
(993) x 5 cents net = $47+ net
(54) x 23 cents net = $12+ net
both are voice activated request-response engines AFAIK;
when volumes are big, only then can tiny net have meaning;
when only agency has volume, and earlier promises of
volume per contrib are never realized, expect reaction...
😡___😡___😡
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

There does come a time for everyone to consider whether spending the time is worth it & that’s very individual.

Photos sitting on one's own personal hard drives never earn anything.  But I wouldn't do this if I didn't enjoy exploring and documenting with my cameras.  I charged the camera batteries yesterday.   Today, got word of the latest license/sale, first of the year and not for single digits. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:
via another agency, most recent month included:
(993) x 5 cents net = $47+ net
(54) x 23 cents net = $12+ net
both are voice activated request-response engines AFAIK;
when volumes are big, only then can tiny net have meaning;
when only agency has volume, and earlier promises of
volume per contrib are never realized, expect reaction...
😡___😡___😡

Don't be mad, you signed up for micros and are get micro sales pricing.  Thanks, in part, to micros, the whole industry is suffering greatly. 

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Like 4

For some reason, I've yet to see any of those disconcerting "for pennies" sales (touch wood). My lowest this month is $3.00, average is $31 (nothing to crow about but could be a lot worse). 

I nixed my experiment with micros a couple of years ago. Whenever I think about perhaps signing up with them again, I splash freezing cold water on my face. To each his/her/their own, though. 🥶

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Don't be mad, you signed up for micros and are get micro sales pricing.  Thanks to micros, the whole industry is suffering greatly. 

What Jeff is reporting is what is happening at market leader G

Sadly, it would be against Alamy forum rules to explain any more. But not all is what it might seem.

Alexa.

Edited by geogphotos

2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

For some reason, I've yet to see any of those disconcerting "for pennies" sales (touch wood). My lowest this month is $3.00, average is $31 (nothing to crow about but could be a lot worse). 

I nixed my experiment with micros a couple of years ago. Whenever I think about perhaps signing up with them again, I splash freezing cold water on my face. To each his/her/their own, though. 🥶

I said I didn’t get penny sales. Oops. I got one for $.99 this year. For this usage: it’s ok, I’m all in for education. Although I’d rather it been for a textbook at the old $250-$300 price!

Usage: Student Projects, For non-commercial use in projects such as dissertations, presentations or essays.
Industry sector: Education
Image Size: Any size
Start: 04 May 2022
Duration: In perpetuity

• Love 2
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I said I didn’t get penny sales. Oops. I got one for $.99 this year. For this usage: it’s ok, I’m all in for education. Although I’d rather it been for a textbook at the old $250-$300 price!

Usage: Student Projects, For non-commercial use in projects such as dissertations, presentations or essays.

I've had a couple of those 99-cent student sales as well. One has to wonder where they actually end up. 🤔

I've had 6 of those sales in the past month and altogether they don't add up to $1.

I queried them and was told the salespeople work very hard to get the best price, but some customers buy packs of images and get them very cheaply. This is new to me this year, previously even novel use sales could buy a fast food meal. They're all editorial too.

Not sure what to do. Not impressed at all.

• Love 2

6 minutes ago, Gervais Montacute said:

What are you all going to do when the US $ collapses?

Random question. What are you going to do when the zombie apocalypse comes?

I guess Alamy could accept payments in £ or Euros.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Am I boasting? I have multiple sale of $0.02 and multiple $0.03 sales. The only solution I see is to remove China and remove novel use. All my images are exclusive to Alamy, and not for sale at $0.2. 

On 29/04/2023 at 23:32, Betty LaRue said:

It could have been worse Betty. I've only had one student project sale a few years back and it was barely over a dollar. Considering how license fees have dropped it could have been worse. Luckily I had a more realistic sale from the same shoot. As Bob Dylan sang: for the times they are a-changin’

• Love 1