Alamy portfolio view/edit mode stuck

Phil

Question

I did some editing to my Alamy portfolio header - bio, info, etc. several days ago.  

Now notice that my Alamy portfolio view is stuck in "View as public" mode and will not go back to edit mode. 

Anyone else experiencing the same?  Has something changed to switch modes that I missed?  Switching between edit/view as public worked fine in past - until this time.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I did some editing to my Alamy portfolio header - bio, info, etc. several days ago.  

Now notice that my Alamy portfolio view is stuck in "View as public" mode and will not go back to edit mode. 

Anyone else experiencing the same?  Has something changed to switch modes that I missed?  Switching between edit/view as public worked fine in past - until this time.

@AlamyI noticed the same thing this morning when I went to add new uploads into folders in my portfolio... there's no edit button.

5 minutes ago, Peter J Hatcher said:

The reason I am looking at this thread is to try and find out what is going on. None of my recent photos have been included in my portfolio and I cannot switch between 'edit' which I appear to be stuck in and 'view as public' which no longer appears to be an option.

@AlamyMy most recent new photos were added to my portfolio - but it's stuck in "View as public" mode after most recent editing.

Edited by Phil

Hi All, 

Sorry to hear you are experiencing technical issues with your portfolio pages. Would you be able to drop us an email 'contributors@alamy.com' about the issue so we can look into it further? We haven't seen anything wrong from our side but we would be happy to take a look and email IT if the problem persists. 

Thanks,

Alamy 

• Like 1

It may be a feature.

If I go there using an outside link or from my history, I don't get the edit feature, even when I'm logged in.

However when I'm following the link from the dashboard page, the portfolio presents itself with the all the edit and help functions working.

We have found this behavior before. Later Gorilla Dave found out it's a cookie somewhere.

wim

Thanks, Wim.

I tried logging out/in. Also turned off my virus protection. Looked for cookies,Mets. I always access my portfolio via my dashboard links. Never been a problem before.

I’ve just traveled back home after a very long trip, so I’m pretty jetlagged. I’ll write contributor services next week if the issue hasn’t resolved itself. In the meantime, it would be interesting to know what browsers have been problematic. 

I use Safari on an iPad Pro, and also tried with my iPhone 8. All I can access is the "finished" contributor portfolio page, not the one where you can edit your personal info and add photos to individual folders.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, wiskerke said:

It may be a feature.

If I go there using an outside link or from my history, I don't get the edit feature, even when I'm logged in.

However when I'm following the link from the dashboard page, the portfolio presents itself with the all the edit and help functions working.

We have found this behavior before. Later Gorilla Dave found out it's a cookie somewhere.

wim

Always have to log-in each day and have cleared cookies ... will wait to hear back from @alamy. Must be a glitch somewhere ... 

No change here when logging in/out to alamy - which I've done several times since 1st encountering this bug.  

I normally access my portfolio thru the link on the contributor dashboard.

As of this morning - portfolio is still stuck in "view as public"" mode.

emailed alamy per their request.

Oh yeah - running latest FireFox browser on a Windoz 10 PC.   Cleared cache and cookies - no help still stuck.

Edited by Phil

41 minutes ago, Phil said:

No change here when logging in/out to alamy - which I've done several times since 1st encountering this bug.  

I normally access my portfolio thru the link on the contributor dashboard.

As of this morning - portfolio is still stuck in "view as public"" mode.

emailed alamy per their request.

Oh yeah - running latest FireFox browser on a Windoz 10 PC.   Cleared cache and cookies - no help still stuck.

Same setup here. It works for me.

However I just managed to replicate your problem on Chrome.

At first I was able to edit, but after I had gone to page 2 and back I wasn't. Going to the dashboard and using the link from there did not fix it.

Very strange behavior.

wim

@AlamyMore web site strangeness...

In Forum threads - when I click on "Images: nnn" in a members header in left side of their post and are taken to their portfolio - if I try to use my browser's toolbar Page back arrow the page remains stuck on the current page.  Will not go back.  However, If the web page's "Page n of nnn" arrows are used I can navigate back.

Similar behavior if I do an image search using the Search box on alamy's main web pages and get more than one page of results.

It appears some of Alamy's pages related to image display are ignoring the browser's toolbar Page back function.

Maybe in some way this bug and the broken Portfolio return to "edit" function are related?

Edited by Phil
add tag

There was another bug (problems with log-in on the front page) a few months back which meant I could only log-in using Chrome (I think ...).

(I usually use Safari).

It was sorted a couple of months later and I have since deleted the second browser - I barely have room for it on this laptop.

Things slow down considerably when editing and there is little space.

The thread I started with the query about this on Saturday has now closed.

I'd be interested to hear how everyone gets on.

I have written to @Alamy and am waiting to hear back.

• Like 1

What actually worked for me this morning was this: clicked on the dashboard link to my portfolio page. Logged out of Alamy while on the portfolio page. Closed what had been portfolio page. Closed Safari. Logged into Alamy and went to Dashboard page, then clicked portfolio page link. 

38 minutes ago, Cecile Marion said:

What actually worked for me this morning was this: clicked on the dashboard link to my portfolio page. Logged out of Alamy while on the portfolio page. Closed what had been portfolio page. Closed Safari. Logged into Alamy and went to Dashboard page, then clicked portfolio page link. 

I'll have a go :)

Received this just now from Alamy:

"Our IT team are aware of the technical issue with contributor's portfolio pages and are looking into it. Hopefully, this will be fixed as soon as possible."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BidC said:

I'll have a go :)

Received this just now from Alamy:

"Our IT team are aware of the technical issue with contributor's portfolio pages and are looking into it. Hopefully, this will be fixed as soon as possible."

I had exactly the same email from CR at 10:43 today.

• Like 1

And I thought it was just me …  I’ve been having exactly the same problem for the last week (since Wednesday 26 October).  I contacted Contributor Relations by email the same day (my correspondence with them to date below), and they’ve passed it on to the IT team.  As you can see, I’ve sent them screen grabs of page 1 of my portfolio accessed both via my usual browser (Safari 16.1) and also Firefox - but there’s no difference between them - in short, no ‘Edit’ facilities.  I’ve had no response yet from the Alamy IT team and meanwhile there are about 40 new uploads sitting at the end of my portfolio that can’t be put into their relevant galleries / collections or moved to the top of page 1 …

26 October 2022

Hi

Sorry to bother you with this, but I searched the Contributor forum this morning and couldn't find anything very recent relating to this problem.

I'm having trouble today (Wed / 26 Oct) trying to update my portfolio page.  When I switched on my two desktop computers (Mac Studio and iMac, both running Monterey 12.6.1) this morning, the 'Edit' view and the 'View as public' and 'Go back to Edit view' buttons had all disappeared.  Six images l uploaded yesterday were added to my portfolio at around the usual (mid-morning) time and I can click on any of my images and be taken to the Alamy listing, but I can't make any changes, either to the overall portfolio, or to any of the galleries.

I am fully signed in on both computers, with 'Portfolio page visibility' switched to 'on' in my account dashboard.

Hoping you can help! 

Kind Regards

Terence Kerr 

27 October 2022

Hi Terence,

Thank you for flagging this to us.

Please could you try editing your portfolio from a different browser to see if this helps?

If this does not, please can you send over screen grabs of what is happening on your end.

Kind regards,

27 October 2022

Hi and thanks for your response.

No progress to report, I'm afraid.  I've tried signing in to Alamy using the Mozilla Firefox browser and I have had exactly the same result as I do with my usual browser (Safari 16.1).  Please find attached two screenshots of page 1 of my portfolio, one via Safari and the other accessed in Firefox.

In summary, it appears that although I am definitely logged in on both my Mac Studio and my iMac and my account dashboard comes up as usual, with all the latest stats, when I click on the 'Go to your Alamy portfolio page', I seem to get the Customer-only / 'View as Public' version of my portfolio, with no facility to edit it.

You'll notice from the attached screenshots that while the 'Share this portfolio' button is still in place, the other controls have all vanished.  Also, you can't see it in either of the attached screenshots, but the Edit menu at the top of each gallery is missing.  I can use the 'Share this portfolio' button to share the complete portfolio to Twitter or wherever, but I can't do that with any individual galleries / collections.  

So at the moment, I am not able to:

- add any newly uploaded images to any galleries (as previously mentioned, six images I uploaded a couple of days ago were added automatically to the portfolio as normal, but I can't place them in any of the galleries);

- Move any images from one page of the portfolio to another (including the 'Move to Top' function);

- Edit any of the galleries (including their titles);

- Delete any image(s) from either the overall portfolio, or any individual galleries.

I hope this helps; please come back to me at any time if you need any further information.

Kind Regards

Terence Kerr

28 October 2022

Hi Terence,

Thank you for providing this.

I have now reported this to our IT team for you and they will be able to look into this further for you. Hopefully we will hear back from them soon.

Kind regards,

31 October 2022

Thanks for your message on Friday.  Just wondered whether your IT team had made any progress with the portfolio page issue, as it's still blocking me from editing anything at this end.  Could it just be defective 'Go to your Alamy portfolio page' and 'Alamy portfolio page' links on the dashboard?

I look forward to hearing from you (or the IT team) in due course.

Kind Regards,

Terence Kerr 

1 Nov 2022

Hi Terrence,

Unfortunately, I have not heard back from our IT team yet on the matter. They are looking into this and hopefully it will be fixed as soon as possible for you.

Kind regards,

Which is where I am with it today (2 November): still waiting to hear back from the IT team.    Will post on the forum if I hear back from them with any useful information about resolving this issue.

On 26/11/2022 at 18:10, Gorilla Dave said:

Portfolio working again !!

So glad someone else is happy about this 😊 Its been like living in a kitchen where no one will wash up ;) Can now spend a happy few minutes tidying up !

Edited by BidC