I need your expertise.

makemorelove

Hello there!
I have a genuine question, do you believe there's a decent market for my type of art?
It's already on Alamy :
https://www.alamy.com/colorful-sugar-on-oiled-feet-image486886278.html?imageid=3C2DAB93-1AFC-43C6-8623-EE04A128AA95&p=1969388&pn=1&searchId=1bd8aa536b5771d89a57449394e386f5&searchtype=0

I'm not sure if I should keep uploading and taking photos in general.
What is your overall opinion about potential use of my work?
Thanks!

Literally all kinds of stuff can sell on Alamy.

I have uploaded plenty stuff that I didn’t think anyone would be interested in but they have sold.  

Bear in mind you will need hundreds of images on-line before you generate regular sales and your likely commission rate will be 20%.

My last five sales have averaged $14.50 gross.
My return will average something like £2.50p per sale.

The three images you have on-line all look a bit dark.
Try a search on “Hands or feet”. (over 5 million)
“female feet” 146,000
They all tend to look a lot brighter and with perhaps more attention paid to composition and copyspace.

GD

• Love 1

Ditto comments above from GD and Space Cadet. Dark images are fine, but only when done properly. Composition could be better as well as the lighting. There's lots of magazines and (likely) YouTube videos about artistically photographing the human body. No idea if there's a market for this - it's not exactly the sort of thing you'd normally see published - but Google is your friend for researching....

Edited by Steve F
  • Love 1

On 22/10/2022 at 19:16, makemorelove said:

Hello there!
I have a genuine question, do you believe there's a decent market for my type of art?
It's already on Alamy :
https://www.alamy.com/colorful-sugar-on-oiled-feet-image486886278.html?imageid=3C2DAB93-1AFC-43C6-8623-EE04A128AA95&p=1969388&pn=1&searchId=1bd8aa536b5771d89a57449394e386f5&searchtype=0

Thanks!

A sort of friend of mine (Photographer) from the Pacific Northwest, near Seattle, did a book called "FootOGraphs"

I think he just photographed his own feet at news events?

Good luck to you.

Chuck

• Thanks 1

Images like that probably aren't the best way to get your foot in the door (sorry for the bad pun) here.  As mentioned above, Alamy's forte still appears to be "second editorial" imagery. However, they are trying to gain a foothold (sorry again) in other markets, so I guess you never know. 👣

• Love 1

Yes, it was a fair question but a difficult one to answer when the OP has uploaded only three images. You need many more than that in your portfolio in order to test the waters. Alamy seems to be looking for different types of "creative" imagery now, so I'd say that it's probably worth the plunge, especially if the OP has a lot of images ready to submit. That said, it's really difficult these. I wish her or him good luck.

• 1 month later...
On 23/10/2022 at 10:16, makemorelove said:

Hello there!
It's already on Alamy :

Thanks!

I thought the idea was original and appealing and I smiled when I saw it. 

I believe that is well worth exploring, and an idea I had was a calendar using feet with different sparkles etc