Considering buying new 24" iMac

58 minutes ago, imageplotter said:

Seconding all things Eizo. My current Eizo ColourEdge is self calibrating and a thing of beauty, now almost 5 years old, the previous Eizo was 10 years old and is still going as a secondary monitor for client shoots, but the older one has to be calibrated quite regularly, which was always a bit tedious. They are not cheap, but are a solid investment and also very solidly built, have the optional surround which limits glare onto the screen, can can be fully adjusted in height, viewing angle etc.

I went to have a look at Eizo Colour Edge - came across this:

Important Notice: macOS models using the Apple M1 chip currently do not support ColorEdge software applications. Support is expected at a later date.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

I went to have a look at Eizo Colour Edge - came across this:

Important Notice: macOS models using the Apple M1 chip currently do not support ColorEdge software applications. Support is expected at a later date.

Ah, that's a bummer. Am not a mac user, so was not aware of that. Colour Edge models have been around for quite a few years though, so it's interesting that they've not adapted the software for that chip. Probably worth checking with Eizo when the update is expected.

11 minutes ago, imageplotter said:

Ah, that's a bummer. Am not a mac user, so was not aware of that. Colour Edge models have been around for quite a few years though, so it's interesting that they've not adapted the software for that chip. Probably worth checking with Eizo when the update is expected.

Ancient news and long ago sorted out. In other ancient news, England play West Germany in the World Cup Final  (July 1966),  the sky is falling on our heads (Chicken Little, 1867 or thereabouts), global warming is real (MDM, 1989) and we're all going to die (MDM, July 2022). In any case it was only the software applications (Color Navigator) that were not initially supported - working fine on my M1 machine as I write. But you could and can use other display calibration software - Color Navigator is excellent but not compulsory.

Edited by MDM
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, MDM said:

Ancient news and long ago sorted out. In other ancient news, England play West Germany in the World Cup Final  (July 1966),  the sky is falling on our heads (Chicken Little, 1867 or thereabouts), we're all going to die (MDM, Aug 2022). In any case it was only the software applications (Color Navigator) that were not initially suppored - working fine on my M1 machine as I write. 

I've been using an Eizo ColorEdge CG277 for the last 6 years and it's just brilliant ...

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

I've been using an Eizo ColorEdge CG277 for the last 6 years and it's just brilliant ...

Absolutely. Seeing is believing. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, imageplotter said:

Don't know anything about it - just what I saw on their website. 

In my opinion, we should all  check our  facts before making statements that are likely to cause misunderstandings and even consternation among those who read their out of date news. Fake news is rife in our world so best to not make it worse. Because of the proliferation of fake news and barefaced lies, many people no longer know what to believe. 

This announcement on the Eizo website relates to Big Sur, not long after Apple introduced the new M1 Macs. Clearly all the initial teething troubles with the Color Navigator and other Eizo software were resolved ages ago. 

Fact - Eizo make fantastic monitors.

Edited by MDM
  • Upvote 1