Dashboard and public profile update

Ernestovdp

Question

Hello, do you know how long it takes to update the dashboard? and the public profile? I have dozens of images already approved and in on sale status, but they do not appear publicly or on the dashboard as on sale, I have even improved the visibility to green and the change in the dashboard data is not seen either. this is normal?

17 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Ernestovdp said:

Hello, do you know how long it takes to update the dashboard? and the public profile? I have dozens of images already approved and in on sale status, but they do not appear publicly or on the dashboard as on sale, I have even improved the visibility to green and the change in the dashboard data is not seen either. this is normal?

I have just clicked on the number of images you have on Alamy under your avatar (113) and they all appear as if on sale. Picked an early image out of your port did search on A and it shows up as being on sale.

Allan

3 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I have just clicked on the number of images you have on Alamy under your avatar (113) and they all appear as if on sale. Picked an early image out of your port did search on A and it shows up as being on sale.

Allan

That´s the problem, I have much more than 113 on sale but they aren´t showing up!!

3 hours ago, Ernestovdp said:

When in Alamy image manager filter my pictures by On Sale, there are 165, then there are still 54 images that do not appear in the portfolio. Any possible reason for that?

the server had issues last year where there was delays of a couple of days, so this might be happening again- haven't uploaded in a few weeks.  

if it's been longer than 3-4 business days than i would write to contributor support 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Are you sure you have a caption? They won’t go on sale without one.When you readied them, caption, keywords and such, are you sure you hit save?

Then again, sometimes there are glitches in the Alamy update.

Yes I am sure, now, all the on sale pictures (exactly 452) appears in the Dashboard under Your Status, but still do not appears in my profile page so I guess is a matter of time. What a huge delay and incongruity! 

Edited by Ernestovdp

7 hours ago, Ernestovdp said:

Yes I am sure, now, all the on sale pictures (exactly 452) appears in the Dashboard under Your Status, but still do not appears in my profile page so I guess is a matter of time. What a huge delay and incongruity! 

When I quoted the 113 figure that was what was showing undef your avatar. It now reads 487.

Did you upload a lot of images in one go?  If so that could possibly be the reason for the slow uplift to your port and the images being on sale.

Allan

11 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

the server had issues last year where there was delays of a couple of days, so this might be happening again- haven't uploaded in a few weeks.  

if it's been longer than 3-4 business days than i would write to contributor support 

Where is the link to contributor support? I didn't find it.

7 hours ago, Ernestovdp said:

I hope you don't mind a comment on one of your images. It is a red deer with absolutely magnificent antlers. Lovely shot, but I'm afraid no one will find it. The tagging and captioning of your photos is what will give them visibility to customers. I would include the scientific name of the animal and where it was. Someone might be looking for wildlife in that area. I would include these in both the captions and the tags and make the tags supertags. Search the forum for threads on tagging. Look at this from Alamy...https://www.alamy.com/blog/captions-and-tags

Paulette

4 hours ago, Ernestovdp said:

Where is the link to contributor support? I didn't find it.

Yes that's an obvious flaw.

Even on all pages you have to be logged in to, it only has the sales@alamy.com as the contact.

So this is the route:

>click the Contact us link on that footer of every page.

>click on the tab that says Photographers (Yes I didn't recognize it as tabs either at first.)

And there it is and it says:

Photographers

The quickest way to get answers to your questions is to ask our active community of photographers over on our forum, just don’t forget to look through our contributor help pages first.

If you still need help after that, you can mail us at contributors@alamy.com and we’ll get back to you.

wim

edit: according to Google there are more pages where it's mentioned, the most prominent being the one where it says how to leave Alamy in the FAQs. Ouch. 😱

Most are on this forum. And a couple are on the official Blog.

Edited by wiskerke

On 12/04/2022 at 07:54, NYCat said:

I hope you don't mind a comment on one of your images. It is a red deer with absolutely magnificent antlers. Lovely shot, but I'm afraid no one will find it. The tagging and captioning of your photos is what will give them visibility to customers. I would include the scientific name of the animal and where it was. Someone might be looking for wildlife in that area. I would include these in both the captions and the tags and make the tags supertags. Search the forum for threads on tagging. Look at this from Alamy...https://www.alamy.com/blog/captions-and-tags

Paulette

Thanks Paulette you are right, my tagging is poor, now I just uploading many pictures and starting to know how to improve My Alamy portfolio because even though I sign up to Alamy  in 2017 only recently I start uploading new pictures.