Festive Cheer or Glum Perm?

It’s almost the close of the month and that month approaches much maligned by bah humbug’ers. 

I ‘m curious how fellow contributors are feeling and if it’s the case of more on the glum side what strategies do are you applying to counteract that especially since contract change and drop in commission . Do you find coming into the forum helps? 

Despite Almay's increased commission, (50% to 60%), I have still managed to have a record breaking year,  both in terms of sales volume and income earned. and I still have over a month to go! So, after a poor year in 2020, I feel that Festive Cheer is in order. I have kept up quite a high work rate, in terms of uploading new images through both years.  I do like to hear the experiences of other contributors though. 

Edited by John Gaffen
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, R De Marigny said:

I ‘m curious how fellow contributors are feeling and if it’s the case of more on the glum side what strategies do are you applying to counteract that especially since contract change and drop in commission . Do you find coming into the forum helps? 

I come to the forum to make myself glum rather than the other way round :)

Alan

• Like 1

I seem to be feeling 20% less cheerful this year for some reason. My main coping strategy is to not do the math.

I've always found coming to the forum to be helpful, even therapeutic at times. Also, it's much more entertaining than watching daytime TV. 📺

• Love 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I seem to be feeling 20% less cheerful this year for some reason. My main coping strategy is to not do the math.

I've always found coming to the forum to be helpful, even therapeutic at times. Also, it's much more entertaining than watching daytime TV. 📺

Were you going to entertain us with something in the gap in your post?

Allan

I'm not sure what a glum perm is.  I once had a bad perm - very frizzy.

If it's about mood, I thinking about the weather more that the single sad sale I've had this month.  We've broken rainfall records and 2 more "atmospheric rivers" on the way.

But nice to see you folks on the forum!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Yes. Its good we still have a forum, plenty of helpful contributors on here. 

I come here for the good, the bad and the beautiful (as in the photos that are posted).  I love the international comradery we have.  Being a full time photographer can be a solo career so it is nice to be among people with similar interests and challenges.  A lot of problem solving is done here with big and small issues.  I also love hearing the personal, non-photography stories, sometimes joyous and sometimes woeful.  We are all on a personal journey alone and together...fate, luck and hard work are all steering currents. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, MariaJ said:

I'm not sure what a glum perm is.  I once had a bad perm - very frizzy.

If it's about mood, I thinking about the weather more that the single sad sale I've had this month.  We've broken rainfall records and 2 more "atmospheric rivers" on the way.

But nice to see you folks on the forum!

I don't have enough hair left to warrant getting a perm, but the next river seems to be arriving right on time...

• Like 1