Portfolio of your pictures???

What kind of a name is YYCTRVLGRL?  I'm with Ed Rooney on this issue. Real names please!

I think I agree with you but there are already a lot of contributors who use an alias on the forum so I think it could become confusing if they were to all change to their real names now.

Allan

No argument with contributors who want to use a fun title or a professional handle, but refusing to identify yourself in any way looks rude and devious. The sort of person you are inclined to help?

Alan, I forget exactly but you used to use a title indicating a ringing bell but you did sign off as Alan. No problem! Same for Paulette.

Robert the grumpy-old-man

No argument with contributors who want to use a fun title or a professional handle, but refusing to identify yourself in any way looks rude and devious. The sort of person you are inclined to help?

Alan, I forget exactly but you used to use a title indicating a ringing bell but you did sign off as Alan. No problem! Same for Paulette.

Robert the grumpy-old-man

Ha Ha! You are correct Robert but when Alamy set up the new forums I decided to go with my real name as the alias I was using sounded a bit childish.

From another GOM

Allan

What kind of a name is YYCTRVLGRL?  I'm with Ed Rooney on this issue. Real names please!

I think I agree with you but there are already a lot of contributors who use an alias on the forum so I think it could become confusing if they were to all change to their real names now.

Allan

I agree with you Brenda.

Here we go again . . . surely if someone wants to use an alias it's their concern, not mine. It has absolutely no effect on me, so I in turn don't try to affect it.

In this day and age there are countless common-sense reasons not to use your real name on any public forum. If it bothers people, don't respond to them, ignore them,  move on, whatever.

For the record, I support peoples' right to use whatever name/alias they want.

dd

• 3 years later...

I am a the new kid on the block who cannot still see 'my portfolio' yet. Now, as I'm writing this post, I am not yet approved, therefore there's no 'images' under my pp. So I think I should wait for the approval from the moderation, then I got 'images' under my pp and then I will be able to see my portfolio.

Isn't is a bit fantastical? Why not 'alamy.com/contributername'? 

Cihan

I am a the new kid on the block who cannot still see 'my portfolio' yet. Now, as I'm writing this post, I am not yet approved, therefore there's no 'images' under my pp. So I think I should wait for the approval from the moderation, then I got 'images' under my pp and then I will be able to see my portfolio.

Isn't is a bit fantastical? Why not 'alamy.com/contributername'? 

Cihan

Eh? You have 364 images up here dating back over a year.

http://www.alamy.com/search/imageresults.aspx?&xstx=0&userid={8DFE8298-028D-49DF-9A18-D3A3C424EB40}&name=cihan%2Dterlan&st=12

I began to use a screen name once I realized this was a public forum and searchable by Google, but my pseudonym is my real name.

I would think there could be copyright issues for those using screen names unless the photographer has registered it as a business name.

If it's not registered, what's to stop anyone else from using it?

fotoDogue

Not all countries have business name registration. We certainly don't unless you mean limited companies but you can't be prevented from using your own name even if there's a limited company with that name. Until two years ago there was one here, but I notice it's been dissolved..

In the UK you can be known by any name you choose, simply by common usage. You don't have to adopt it via deed poll.

Typically the form for a sole trader using a business identity would be  "A N Other trading as (usually written T/A) as Business-Name". That would typically appear on bank statements and other formal document but generally the business would be known as Business-Name. I believe that a limited liability partnership would be registered with Companies House but a normal partnership would not be registered, except with the tax authorities (HMRC in the UK)

This thread was resurrected from over three years ago but I stand by everything I said. I was confused until I started looking at the dates because I couldn't remember having said any of it.

Paulette

This thread was resurrected from over three years ago but I stand by everything I said. I was confused until I started looking at the dates because I couldn't remember having said any of it.

Paulette

ROFL!!! :D:D There's my belly laugh for the day!!

This post has the smell of the grave on it! :)

Paulette

And I there I was thinking that Dusty Dingo was back in town. Not that he wouldn't be welcome...

Archived