Why has Alamy charged me over $2500?

My balance of account is saying that I've been charged an "image storage fee" of $2881.80.

I went to the contract T&C's heading of "Storage Fees" and found...

"Storage Fees"
means the Alamy fee per item of Content per month, or part thereof, levied in advance every month. This fee came into effect on 1 March 2003. These fees apply to the discontinued Alamy Green and Red commission schedules only.

Looks to me that this charge has been in error. If not, with my account now nearing $100,000.00 in sales, I'll be packing my bags and heading down the road...

48 minutes ago, Sally said:

What?! Nothing for me, in fact yesterday I received $28 something in ‘Other Income’ whatever that is. Surely another technical glitch.

could the other income possibly be the commission Alamy is "waving" on your distribution sales  that should not have been?

47 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

could the other income possibly be the commission Alamy is "waving" on your distribution sales  that should not have been?

No , don’t think so as that particular sale has been amended. But who knows…

Edit: further investigation shows you are right and it is a refund for that.

Edited by Sally
  • Thanks 1

So far I don't see any adjustments, thank goodness.

How can this happen? At my 'other place', something similar happened a few years back and it transpired it was something they were 'thinking about' and beta testing, and somehow it accidentally went 'live'.

If Alamy are thinking about charging storage fees - as well as clawing back 20% and not improving chasing up on non-reporters - they're going to use up any last shreds of goodwill which may remain.

• Love 2
  • Like 7

Perhaps Ms Shelley could state that we (PA/Alamy) have no plans to charge you (us) for storage space - ever!  

If they do I am definitely OUT as I have always said I would NEVER load images to a site which charges a fee for hosting particularly when they are already making income out of my images by charging a %age on any sale or licence of my images.

Allan

Maybe this was a planned slip up to test the waters?

ITMA

• Like 2

Hi All, 

Apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused.

We are working on this and can assure you that this will be fixed as soon as possible. 

Thanks,

Alamy

• Thanks 1

• Alamy locked this topic

When moving over to a new internal system, some older dormant code was mistakenly reinstated (many, many years ago we had some commission models with storage fees). 

This was quickly spotted, fixed and any fees were refunded. In total this affected no more than 160 contributors. 

Apologies to any of you who were left confused by this.

Best,

James A

Head of Content

• Thanks 2
  • Dislike 1