• Red Deer Stags by Martin L
    • Family Gravesite by aphperspective
    • Three Generations by Steve Hyde
    • Adjusting the Hat by Bryan
    • Mama Duck and Straggler by Lori Rider
    • Fun in the Sea by Betty LaRue
    • Apple Picking by Michael Ventura

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/07/21 at 03:59

Little Banana

K7YH78.jpg

Red Deer Stags

2E152RK.jpg

Family Plot

WHJ50D.jpg

Three Generations

2DHAFWA.jpg

Adjusting the Hat

DB4H0M.jpg

Mama Duck and Straggler

M9DMHR.jpg

Fun in the Sea

E4AG34.jpg

Apple Picking

GW3RT8.jpg

What a wonderful bunch of images you posted. Many I loved did not make it into the final 8 .... BUT look how fabulous these are..

Paulette

Oh thank you so much for choosing my image, Paulette! I loved this mama duck and her brood. My son and I were in Providence, Rhode Island and spotted this little family. Providence has a river that basicallly runs right through the center of the city (it was actually quite a saga of them moving the river and revitalizing the downtown around it in the 80s I think). So mama duck had to get her babies across a busy street to get to the water. We and a few other people helped stop traffic to get them across the street safely and then watched as mama jumped down into the water (from quite a height I might add) and all the babies gradually followed and they swam on their way. 😍

48 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Nice story about the ducks. I can see Mama thinking in your shot. That straggler is probably often slow.

Paulette

I had two white ducks once from fluffhood. They imprinted on me and followed behind, even as adults. It’s a huge responsibility being mama duck. I even threw in a quack now and then.

• Love 1

Chuffed. Thanks Paulette.

The OH and I were stalking a single doe which eventually led us to the rest of the family, all enjoying the winter sunshine.

Those two were watching and seemingly judging a pair of youngsters and potential future rivals 'play rutting',

• Love 1

1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

I saw it as a family's final reunion. 

great shot.  

Well thanks, my partner was actually tidying up her relatives grave in a little country cemetery so I had a while to wander around. Just seemed a very "what happened here" image.

Andy  

• Love 2

We have a winner with a wonderful image! Three quacks for the Mama Duck. Congratulations, Lori. The July challenge is now in your hands.

Paulette

5 hours ago, NYCat said:

We have a winner with a wonderful image! Three quacks for the Mama Duck. Congratulations, Lori. The July challenge is now in your hands.

Paulette

Oh my goodness, I'm so surprised! :) I have a theme in mind so I'll get the post up ASAP. Thanks for making my day y'all!

• Love 2

19 hours ago, Lori Rider said:

Oh my goodness, I'm so surprised! :) I have a theme in mind so I'll get the post up ASAP. Thanks for making my day y'all!

Nice one.

Allan

• Love 1