The Lifting of the Lockdown

Alamy is an international stock photo agency. But it is based in the UK, in Oxfordshire, England. The lockdown will be lifted here in England next Monday, May 17th. How do you think this will effect our future in stock? I would make a guess or two myself, but my crystal ball is clouded up with Merseyside dust. 

Edwardo

Well, since half my sales are dependent on unrestricted international travel, and the current regulations will turn a border crossing into an expensive medical experiment, not much.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Hmmm, international travel, Mark!

I'm hoping for a few days in Chester myself, a gruelling half-hour away by train. 

I dunno, I might try Liverpool, seemed like a nice place when I was last there- for 22 hours.;)

Better when someone else was paying, though.

Edited by spacecadet

11 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I dunno, I might try Liverpool, seemed like a nice place when I was last there- for 22 hours.;)

Better when someone else was paying, though.

I put up a post on my facebook page yesterday and I repeat it below.

"So we are getting the list of 12 destinations we are allowed to arrange holidays in later this afternoon. Don't get your hopes up too much. I have had a preview and will give the list now.
Sheerness, Worthing, Rhyl, Workington, Seaham, Withernsea, Ingoldmells, John 0”Groats, Fishguard, Barry, Burnham-on-Sea, Hunstanton,
All the best. Enjoy."

Allan

• Love 1

Fishguard, Wales?

I lived there for three months once. I would stand out on the rocks south of town watching the sea and yelling Dylan Thomas's lines from Under Milk Wood.

"To begin at the beginning. It is Spring, moonless night in the small town, starless and bible-black, the cobblestreets silent and the hunched courters and rabbits wood limping invisible down to the sloeblack, slow-black, crowblack, fishingboat-bobbing sea."

I worked at the Circle in the Square Theatre in NY when they had it playing and I learned all the lines. They are mostly forgotten now. My wife, Eloise, had a small part and I was in the alternate production of Genet's The Balcony. Show business. Do I miss it. I do. I miss the theatre, the temple of truth and beauty. 

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 13/05/2021 at 10:44, Allan Bell said:

I put up a post on my facebook page yesterday and I repeat it below.

"So we are getting the list of 12 destinations we are allowed to arrange holidays in later this afternoon. Don't get your hopes up too much. I have had a preview and will give the list now.
Sheerness, Worthing, Rhyl, Workington, Seaham, Withernsea, Ingoldmells, John 0”Groats, Fishguard, Barry, Burnham-on-Sea, Hunstanton,
All the best. Enjoy."

Allan

Well, the Flavours Ice Cream Parlour at John o'Groats has just reopened but not much else, so my brother tells me (he lives up there).  Bit of a trek for an ice cream though, but you might get a glimpse of the 'fishingboat-bobbing sea'.....

john-ogroats-harbour-caithness-scotland-

• Love 1

Only the gods know the future, and they will continue to let us know the details one server-update at a time.

That said, I can't see the lifting of the current lockdown in the UK affecting me much as I have no plans to visit Chelsea, Sheerness or Withernsea.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1

My British friend said that Nicaragua was the safest place in Central America to be, per the WHO and some news outlet.  We've got the second shot scheduled in June and can start going without masks two weeks later.  Her block has gotten special attention from the health department because of the three deaths from Covid, one recent across the street from her, first one last year next door, then a second one on the block.  I have some places I want to photograph outside my immediate house and block radius. 

Edited by MizBrown
stray e
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Only the gods know the future, and they will continue to let us know the details one server-update at a time.

That said, I can't see the lifting of the current lockdown in the UK affecting me much as I have no plans to visit Chelsea, Sheerness or Withernsea.

Probably would'nt visit Burnham on Sea twice...  😉

6 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

Probably would'nt visit Burnham on Sea twice...  😉

I'm sure that these are all charming places, but it's a bit of a trek from Vancouver. Fortunately, we've not had a real "lockdown" here, although restrictions of various kinds are likely to continue, including nonessential travel to other parts of the province and to the the US. The social experiment continues...

• Love 1

On 13/05/2021 at 10:26, Ed Rooney said:

Hmmm, international travel, Mark!

I'm hoping for a few days in Chester myself, a gruelling half-hour away by train. 

I think you will fall in love with Chester and eventually move there.

Allan

• Like 1