Alamy subscriptions introduced

57 minutes ago, epozar said:

More sub 1$ sales I guess..

If those are the 50% discounted prices,

https://r1.dotdigital-pages.com/p/2MSD-3QY/alamy-subscriptions-us?utm_campaign=2917090_Alamy subscriptions - US&utm_medium=email&utm_source=marketingemail&dm_i=2MSD,1QIUA,8AD78S,5Y3YJ,1

then that's way more than $1 sales. Unfortunately "list" prices often don't seem to mean much these days. 😞

Mark

11 minutes ago, Vincent Lowe said:

Is this a US/Canada thing only?  No mention of it on the Alamy website when viewed from the UK (at least I can't find anything) and I notice only US/Canada contact numbers given.

I don't see anything about subscriptions on the Alamy homepage or anywhere else on their website.

Where did this announcement come from?

Static page from a tracking service site. Nothing other than email and alamy.com are clickable.

If I'm reading the details on the link correct then this could be sent out in email as marketing campaign. Unable to find the dates so not sure if this is coming up or some old static information.

1 minute ago, Gnans said:

Static page from a tracking service site. Nothing other than email and alamy.com are clickable.

If I'm reading the details on the link correct then this could be sent out in email as marketing campaign. Unable to find the dates so not sure if this is coming up or some old static information.

Yes, it looks like stale news to me -- perhaps something that never got off the ground.

The fact that this single webpage has a 2021 Alamy copyright notice in the very small print at the bottom suggests this is a current document. That is is also being hosted on a website whose purpose is to provide tracking on clicks on emails suggests that it is part of a proposed email campaign. Whether it is to test the water on the idea of subscriptions, or actively bring in new clients as subscribers remains to be seen. Either way, I don't think it can be just dismissed as old news - it may be so, but it may also be tomorrows Big New Idea for Alamy. It may be a case of wait and see.

7 hours ago, Joseph Clemson said:

The fact that this single webpage has a 2021 Alamy copyright notice in the very small print at the bottom suggests this is a current document. That is is also being hosted on a website whose purpose is to provide tracking on clicks on emails suggests that it is part of a proposed email campaign. Whether it is to test the water on the idea of subscriptions, or actively bring in new clients as subscribers remains to be seen. Either way, I don't think it can be just dismissed as old news - it may be so, but it may also be tomorrows Big New Idea for Alamy. It may be a case of wait and see.

Or perhaps it is something that has existed behind the scenes for some time as part of Alamy's "custom licensing" offerings.