Thank you Alamy. First sale since starting to upload in March 2020 and equivalent to 52 sales on SS if the amount shown is what I get. Not sure if the amount shown in the sale history is before or after the 40 or 50% cut?

• Love 3
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Tony ALS said:

Thank you. I did attempt to add the image here but it seems the methods which usually work don't here!

Any hints welcome.

Well done on the sale and in getting 2000 images up in such a short time, stock photography is (at least to some extent) a numbers game.

It took me a while to find out how to insert the image, open it up in Alamy in a different tab and drag it into your post on here.

• Thanks 1

2BP94TT.jpg

Thank you for giving me what turns out to be a simple solution!

Here's the image.

It is a real poppy but I like the texture which makes it look like paper or cloth.

Busy bee was going round and round in circles.

Have a good day all.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Congrats on your first sale, my first sale took about the same time, I started in March 2016 and my first sale was the following August. You're starting with a larger portfolio than me and I have averaged a sale a month since starting. I hope you do well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bella said:

Congrats on your first sale, my first sale took about the same time, I started in March 2016 and my first sale was the following August. You're starting with a larger portfolio than me and I have averaged a sale a month since starting. I hope you do well.

Thank you Bella. So nice to be on a forum without the bickering and insults you see with SS which has descended to lows which are sad. I'll disable my port on SS at the end of this year and I will be exclusive on Alamy, all new content is already exclusive here. Great to hear from good people with talented work.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

On 09/08/2020 at 09:53, Tony ALS said:

Thank you Bella. So nice to be on a forum without the bickering and insults you see with SS which has descended to lows which are sad. I'll disable my port on SS at the end of this year and I will be exclusive on Alamy, all new content is already exclusive here. Great to hear from good people with talented work.

Yes Tony you are from SS i believe. My Brother is on here who's done pro photography for may years so you're in good company. SS is a sinking ship. It reminds me of Ebay some years ago when they put fees on shipping & many sellers staged a revolt (similar to what's happening on SS now} and guess what. ebay are more or less  begging people to sell on there offering free selling. £1 max selling fees etc. facebook is now a big alternative to ebay for selling stuff especially locally.

Edited by dunstun365
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dunstun365 said:

Yes Tony you are from SS i believe. My Brother is on here who's done pro photography for may years so you're in good company. SS is a sinking ship. It reminds me of Ebay some years ago when they put fees on shipping & many sellers staged a revolt (similar to what's happening on SS now} and guess what. ebay are more or less  begging people to sell on there offering free selling. £1 max selling fees etc. facebook is now a big alternative to ebay for selling stuff especially locally.

Thanks dunstun365. SS was my introduction to stock photography and it has been a steep learning curve since. SS will survive as long as they keep the client side happy but the attitude to contributors shows pure contempt. The view of many contributors is that the quality will decline on SS and clients will abandon them but this will take a long time while the directors continue to benefit from the extra profit from the smaller share to contributors and deals like the recent one with Microsoft will keep them going. The good and the bad of the world wide web fully exposed by SS.