PA news images now on Alamy

PA now have  over 5 million images on Alamy

Current, new images are also included.

Could this be game over for Alamy news photographers?

PA certainly making the most of the new distribution channel

https://www.alamy.com/search/imageresults.aspx?cid=SJWL6R98P7CYWW45RLQZPYU8XQ7FSKGQKZAWVETMSFYJSVQN9ZEZB59579ZXFJCF&name=PA%2bImages&st=12&mode=0&comp=1

• Thanks 1

At first sight it looks more like PA news images that are being moved into secondary editorial stock after their critical news value has passed.

If so, it is not game over for Alamy News photographers. 

Edited by geogphotos

3 hours ago, geogphotos said:

At first sight it looks more like PA news images that are being moved into secondary editorial stock after their critical news value has passed.

If so, it is not game over for Alamy News photographers. 

PA images also likely to be no threat to stock photographers if the first image in Iain's link, image 2C02JTC taken 11/06/20, is anything to go by. It has just 2 tags, Floyd and Police.

3 hours ago, sb photos said:

PA images also likely to be no threat to stock photographers if the first image in Iain's link, image 2C02JTC taken 11/06/20, is anything to go by. It has just 2 tags, Floyd and Police.

interesting.  thought you needed at least 5 KW to be available

12 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

interesting.  thought you needed at least 5 KW to be available

Five keywords seems to be the maximum for most of their images. Anyway, they won't be much of a threat, even as stock images, to those of us living outside the UK.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Five keywords seems to be the maximum for most of their images. Anyway, they won't be much of a threat, even as stock images, to those of us living outside the UK.

thanks.  yeah, and i don't think i'll be making it to the other side of the Atlantic anytime soon.  

16 hours ago, sb photos said:

My experience with PA photographers is that they file direct from the camera using voice captions, to a picture desk in, I think, Poland.  Thus I can understand the lack of keywords.  

23 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

how would these be still Live News? All of them are days or months old....  Is PA getting preferential treatment in Live News, allowed to have older images?  

After the 48 hours of Live News, the images immediately go on sale as stock, with or without keywords. 

• Love 2

7 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

After the 48 hours of Live News, the images immediately go on sale as stock, with or without keywords. 

ok thanks.  I always assumed since i saw a Red dot for not having KW that they would not.  

good to know, as i always fussed to go add 5 KWs

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Talking of keywords, I just had a zoom from a 3 keyword pic 😎

I can beat that - I had a $$$ sale appear today with just two keywords - covid19 and covid 19.  Go figure. 🤣

• Love 1

21 hours ago, vpics said:

I can't see any pics from the link Iain posted. Maybe it's because I'm outside the UK?

19 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Really!?, there is nearly 5.2M images

i see them from Canada, but setting my VPN to Germany it does appear like the images are blocked,and get no image from the link

Added:  No image either in France, Nor Japan.  But see them in USA.  

Edited by meanderingemu