1 hour ago, Chuck Nacke said:

I HATE CHANGE, I really do, but I guess I will just have to live with it.

Chuck

“If we want things to stay as they are, things will have to change.”
 Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa , The Leopard

• Love 5
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Chuck Nacke said:

I HATE CHANGE, I really do, but I guess I will just have to live with it.

Binge-watching Parks & Recreation is one of my lockdown pleasures, which is why I'm getting Chuck confused with Ron Swanson...

• Love 1

23 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Binge-watching Parks & Recreation is one of my lockdown pleasures, which is why I'm getting Chuck confused with Ron Swanson...

I hate that show almost as much as I HATE 'The Office.'

My original post was meant as a joke. Or as 'His Highness, DT' would say " Sarcasm."

Chuck

9 minutes ago, Chuck Nacke said:

I hate that show almost as much as I HATE 'The Office.'

My original post was meant as a joke. Or as 'His Highness, DT' would say " Sarcasm."

Chuck

Curious what you have against the genius of Ricky Gervais?

4 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

Curious what you have against the genius of Ricky Gervais?

I love Amy Poehler and Ricky Gervais - both comedy geniuses IMHO - but I'm with Chuck on Parks & Rec and The Office, could never get into either of them (unless his Parks & Rec comment is really sarcasm and not DT's version of sarcasm). I've never seen the British version of The Office but since Monty Python days I've been a fan of British Comedy, so perhaps I should track down the British version?

Thinking about it,  @Chuck Nacke  and I being from the same generation, the same age I think in fact, we grew up in the 60's and 70's heyday of great comedy, and so perhaps our expectations are different. I think we also share a dry sense of humor, which doesn't always come across in written comments. 

I disagree on the dashboard though. My dashboard has been the same for way too long now so I HATE the fact that it hasn't changed, views, zooms and sales at an all-time low. 

Edited by Marianne

The (original) The Office was extremely funny and quite unique, at the time. It actually took a while for people to realise it was a made up comedy show rather than a fly on the wall documentary!! 

The humour was very british and may not be funny to other cultures.I haven’t seen the US version but I guess it’s no where near the same standard.

3 hours ago, Marianne said:

I love Amy Poehler and Ricky Gervais - both comedy geniuses IMHO - but I'm with Chuck on Parks & Rec and The Office, could never get into either of them (unless his Parks & Rec comment is really sarcasm and not DT's version of sarcasm). I've never seen the British version of The Office but since Monty Python days I've been a fan of British Comedy, so perhaps I should track down the British version?

Thinking about it,  @Chuck Nacke  and I being from the same generation, the same age I think in fact, we grew up in the 60's and 70's heyday of great comedy, and so perhaps our expectations are different. I think we also share a dry sense of humor, which doesn't always come across in written comments. 

I disagree on the dashboard though. My dashboard has been the same for way too long now so I HATE the fact that it hasn't changed, views, zooms and sales at an all-time low. 

not sure how you can like Gervais and not like The Office.  In fairness i have never watched the american version, as i usually avoid that type of television. 

8 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

The (original) The Office was extremely funny and quite unique, at the time. It actually took a while for people to realise it was a made up comedy show rather than a fly on the wall documentary!! 

The humour was very british and may not be funny to other cultures.I haven’t seen the US version but I guess it’s no where near the same standard.

And of course it launched the career of Martin Freeman - among other roles he was Arthur Dent in ‘Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’ and more famously Bilbo Baggins in ‘The Hobbit’ trilogy. And if you have young kids or grandchildren you will recognise the voice of ‘Stickman’! 

• Love 1

19 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

not sure how you can like Gervais and not like The Office.  In fairness i have never watched the american version, as i usually avoid that type of television. 

I've only seen the American version.

• Thanks 1