April Challenge Vote

Social Gathering Time to Vote  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Of the cornucopia of great images I had to choose eight, and of these eight your vote goes to...

• Meanderingemu 2ARDN0N Mexican wedding parade
    • Michael Ventura AA904Y The carnival in Trinidad
    • Olivier Parent F0RC95 The Musilac Festival
    • avpics EK14X9 Pillow fight
    • Matt Ashmore W4FG3G Filming at a concert
    • Losdemas EBFBW3 Cycling Santas
    • Spacecadet D01TE3 Bacchus, Wine Queen and princesses
    • Wiskerke PCXCX3 Amsterdam Canal Pride

There were a couple of really strong photos that I eventually excluded as they were more an accidental grouping of people rather than folks engaged in a common activity. As ever I got my shortlist down to 12, but the last 4 to be eliminated were really close. If you ask me to set up the poll again next week the selection might be different. Great images again were submitted, conclusive proof (as if it were needed) that Alamy is home to some really strong photographers. Covid be damned, we are hot stuff.

Your vote goes to

Bride and groom framed by woman in traditional outfit part of Traditional wedding parade (Calenda de Bodas) on the streets of Oaxaca. - Stock Image

Meanderingemu 2ARDN0N Mexican wedding parade

Caribbean Trinidad Carnival parade - Stock Image

Michael Ventura AA904Y Carnival in Trinidad

Young people running to see their favorite band at Musilac pop rock music Festival - Stock Image

Olivier Parent F0RC95 Musilac music festival

A pillow fight in Trafalgar Square is an annual event organised by Focal Local, a group aiming to promote positive - Stock Image

Avpics EK14X9 Pillow fight

A couple of lady's take photos of a performer on a stage using their mobile phones at a large open air event. - Stock Image

Matt Ashmore W4FG3G Filming a concert

Fund-raisers dressed as Santas cycled in the 'Santa Cycle', part of the annual 'Santa Dash' to raise - Stock Image

Losdemas EBFBW3 Cycling Santas

Herbert Graedtke as 'Bacchus' with wine queen and princesses at Radebeul Herbst und Weinfest, Sachsen, Saxony, - Stock Image
Spacecadet D01TE3 Bacchus, Wine Queen and princesses

Amsterdam, Netherlands. August 4, 2018, Hundreds of thousands of visitors lined the canals for the annual Canal Pride. Credit: Wiskerke/Alamy Live News - Stock Image
Wim PCXCX3 Amsterdam Canal Pride

Edited by Colin Woods

Calling any undecided voters. The votes close in 2 days and at the moment we have a tie. If there is still a tie at the end of the 7th I will set up a two way vote that will be open for just a day. Or maybe two days, I’ll decide later if it comes to it. 

• Love 1

43 minutes ago, Colin Woods said:

Calling any undecided voters. The votes close in 2 days and at the moment we have a tie. If there is still a tie at the end of the 7th I will set up a two way vote that will be open for just a day. Or maybe two days, I’ll decide later if it comes to it. 

or maybe i'll make a dramatic come from behind win.... 😉 

• Love 1

OOO!  Just seen that I've been chosen as one of the final eight. Thank you!  And now in the lead? Can't be having that - off to cast my vote to put things right. 😂

EDIT: trickier than I thought, but got it down to two - pity we can't have some form of PR! 😉 Good luck, everyone. :)

Edited by losdemas
  • Love 2

Its now bedtime for me, so that means that I its time to close the votes. After a neck and neck race for a while its losdemas's cycling santas that wins over Wim's canal pride by a vote. Thanks to everyone who participated and over to losdemas to set us the challenge for May.

• Love 1

Goodness, a big surprise - and a first! - for me to win against a talented field and strong competition. A vote of thanks from me to all those who took part: both submitting images and voting; and thanks to Colin for overseeing the competition.

I'll have a think about a suitable subject and will try to get something up today.

• Love 1