Hope you will like this one.

I have found a computer anti-virus program which checks for Covid - 19.😌

Allan

40 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Thank you James.

Hope you will like this one.

I have found a computer anti-virus program which checks for Covid - 19.😌

Allan

No doubt you've seen the drilled and elasticated old Norton Anti Virus CD strapped to someones face as a mask that had been doing the rounds on social media.

3 hours ago, sb photos said:

No doubt you've seen the drilled and elasticated old Norton Anti Virus CD strapped to someones face as a mask that had been doing the rounds on social media.

Actually I have not seen that. Wish I had thought of it though.

Allan

I think we all must do what we must do in order to help publishers, designers, and the photo buying world to survive, especially gig workers many of whom have no medical insurance (yeah, I'm in the USA). If these people, our clients, go out of business then we will circle the drain with them. Speaking strictly for myself, I say discount the images to the point where Alamy is barely breaking even as long as it helps them stay afloat. Better they should become loyal buyers at the back end of this nightmare then we all go down the tubes together.

Edited by formerly snappyoncalifornia

3 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Alamy explained this.

"explained" .  They gave a reason, which though plausible to me seems a bit too clean.  Who is this massive distributor that so many of us had sales with  in last couple of month.   

• Love 1

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Alamy explained this.

Where? Sorry i missed it. Its quite chaotic where im at.

Never mind i found it. Thanks anyways.
(i guess i was just upset as in these times its all very hard for a lot of us and i could really have needed those few dollars)

Edited by Filip Jedraszak
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new contributor on alamy website.

I've  just registered on 24th of April. I try to understand how it works as I submited ilustration files and I don't have any feedback and the images apreas in QC since then.

This is the regular procedure and tournaround now or I'm ignored because I'm new?

Thank you!

Teia

11 hours ago, Teia said:

Hi,

I'm new contributor on alamy website.

I've  just registered on 24th of April. I try to understand how it works as I submited ilustration files and I don't have any feedback and the images apreas in QC since then.

This is the regular procedure and tournaround now or I'm ignored because I'm new?

Thank you!

Teia

Sadly Alamy is located in the UK which is currently dealing with a Pandemic, which is altering business delivery.  

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/12897-qc-wait-times-during-covid-19-response/

Edited by meanderingemu

Thank you!

I just received the approval after almost a month. I know how things work at the moement in Uk as I live in Uk too. Most of the IT companies sorted the workers to work from home.

Hopefuly it will not take that long with the next lot.

On 15/05/2020 at 11:18, Teia said:

Thank you!

I just received the approval after almost a month. I know how things work at the moement in Uk as I live in Uk too. Most of the IT companies sorted the workers to work from home.

Hopefuly it will not take that long with the next lot.

You do need to caption them and add keywords for them to b on sale.

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, David Priddis said:

Is any one else having problems with the web uploader? It manages to upload 2 to 3 images and drops out for me. I have no other internet connection problems. Zoom etc. work fine.

I found it occasionally slow and / or falling over with more than a few. Now I use Filezilla ftp (which is free) for most submissions.

On 04/06/2020 at 13:46, David Priddis said:

Is any one else having problems with the web uploader? It manages to upload 2 to 3 images and drops out for me. I have no other internet connection problems. Zoom etc. work fine.

I'm having the same experience. Upload fails after three images.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/06/2020 at 18:51, Nigel Grist said:

I'm having the same experience. Upload fails after three images.

I find FTP better for larger batches (a fail after just three files does seem unusual to me though.) FileZilla is easy to use and free.

• Alamy unpinned this topic
  • 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Mr Standfast said:

Submission turn around is fine but sometimes you have to explain a puncline to them. 😉

I have found it weird.  I made a submission on 13 August (in Australia) and it wasn't done until last 19 August.  I made a submission on 19 August and it was done by the next morning.  I made another on 20 August and I'm still waiting.

24 minutes ago, ATJ said:

I have found it weird.  I made a submission on 13 August (in Australia) and it wasn't done until last 19 August.  I made a submission on 19 August and it was done by the next morning.  I made another on 20 August and I'm still waiting.

what is your Star rating?

7 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

what is your Star rating?

I figure I won't get preferential treatment with only a 2, but the wait times seem to be very inconsistent.