Alamy on Age Fotostock

I‘ve just been looking at Age Fotostock site and notice a "new" highlighted Alamy tab top right. Tried clicking on it with no effect.

Addition: A search on the window - Alamy "your name" - will bring up your image collection, now on Age.

Edited by Malcolm Park
addition

I'm with Age and IIRC when they joined Alamy they asked me if I wanted to opt out, which I did, so none of my Age images are sold through Alamy.

John.

I seem to have quite a number there.

To be able to find them, I needed to tick Alamy only at top and then my name in the search box. A search on Alamy in the search box didn't seem to work. Many of their images seem to have some "age" in their looks 😀

Edited by Niels Quist

It's harder to find mine there - as my name is the same as a politician (Lib Dem) who turns up first. If I put in Stephen Lloyd Photography I find a lot. However, there's no "age" correlation in the selection.

Edited by Stephen Lloyd
Additional ertinent detail.

I too found some of my Alamy images there. I also still have images (which I've asked to be deleted) on AGE via a German agency. Sales on AGE used to be fairly good. However, mine evaporated during the past couple of years, which is one of the reasons I'm reeling my images back to Alamy. Ironically, they could now end up back on AGE via Alamy. It's a tangled Web we've woven... 😐

Edited by John Mitchell

I was going to join age a year or so ago but I read somewhere a couple of contributors complaining they do not always report sales as well as slow payment, so I decided not to bother.

Sad to say that the overall impression was they are not that reliable.

I just got in touch with Age to cancel my contract. I stopped sending them images months ago and after regular, acceptable sales they rapidly went downhill and were zero for the last three months. Looks like I'm back with them.

I can't find my images there by searching my name/pseudo, but if I search for images by keyword they show up.

Edited by Phil Robinson

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

I too found some of my Alamy images there. I also still have images (which I've asked to be deleted) on AGE via a German agency. Sales on AGE used to be fairly good. However, mine evaporated during the past couple of years, which is one of the reasons I'm reeling my images back to Alamy. Ironically, they could now end up back on AGE via Alamy. It's a tangled Web we've woven... 😐

On the plus side, given my (our) recent experience, the chances of them actually selling via Age are almost zero. 

30 minutes ago, Phil Robinson said:

I just got in touch with Age to cancel my contract. I stopped sending them images months ago and after regular, acceptable sales they rapidly went downhill and were zero for the last three months. Looks like I'm back with them.

I can't find my images there by searching my name/pseudo, but if I search for images by keyword they show up.

2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I've had the exact same experience with AGE. At the start I had very good returns, then they dwindled down to zero so I got out about three years ago

Checking by keyword, I have found some of my images there. A lot of the rodeo photos there seem to be very "aged"

I don't expect much from them.

9 minutes ago, Rico said:

I've had the exact same experience with AGE. At the start I had very good returns, then they dwindled down to zero so I got out about three years ago

Checking by keyword, I have found some of my images there. A lot of the rodeo photos there seem to be very "aged"

I don't expect much from them.

I've never been with AGE, and I've read nothing but bad things about them over the past few years.

2 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

On the plus side, given my (our) recent experience, the chances of them actually selling via Age are almost zero. 

The same thought crossed my mind...

That said, I've had some distributor sales here with the licensing terms in Spanish, so they could have been through Age.

• 2 weeks later...