No sales at all yet this month, I was averaging 4 a month.

5 rolling zooms this month, lowest since October 2012.

CTR 0.14 at the moment, my lowest ever CTR was 0.13 6 years ago.

So not a good month for me. :(

John.

Yes, I've been scratching my head about this too.  

I've been consistently close to the Alamy average for CTR for some 2 and a half years, ever since I joined. Last month CTR was  a little down at 0.46, but I did better than expected on sales (a whole 4 sales).

Then October came and no zooms at all, not a one. Views have remained about the level I would normally expect (around 1300-1400 per month) but not a single zoom on any of them.

It could be a statistical blip. It could also be the gods of stock photography having a laugh by giving me a hopeful September then pulling the rug from under my feet.

If it's just me and one or two others with this experience then I'll relax (a bit) and assume its just a statistical blip.

If lots of people reported the same, I would begin to wonder if something has changed.

Joe

Rolling zooms sitting at 18 was rolling in at 36, had no reported sales since 23/09, CTR is 0.38.

John.

I hope there is something wrong and someone is busy fixing it. I sometimes wonder if my sales are being credited elsewhere.

Worst month in 2 years but

Remaining optimistic. 

Regards

Craig

AND CAN SOMEONE FIX THIS CHUFFING EDITOR!!

Rolling zooms sitting at 18 was rolling in at 36, had no reported sales since 23/09, CTR is 0.38.

John.

I hope there is something wrong and someone is busy fixing it. I sometimes wonder if my sales are being credited elsewhere.

Worst month in 2 years but

Remaining optimistic. 

Regards

Craig

AND CAN SOMEONE FIX THIS CHUFFING EDITOR!!

Rolling zooms at 14, but only 4 of those are this calendar month - and those early on in the month.  No sales :( .  The only ray of light I can see is that the search terms I see in AlamyMeasures for My Images have resulted in very few zooms at all, so that it's clearly not just me.  OK - a very small ray of light...  From what I can ascertain, the views mostly seem to be under the 'New' tab.

I was hoping to get a payout this year - but, as has been said elsewhere recently, it looks like there ain't no Sanity Clause.

You can add a complaint about the forum editor to my thread here, if you feel so inclined (it's at least guaranteed to be read by Alamy, if nothing else).  It's getting on my nerves, too - especially when you have to sort out the quotes in a post from the new comments!  If there has to be a priority, I'd rather see the folks in Oxfordshire concentrating on licensing stuff, though.

Sorry to rock the boat, but 44 rolling zooms is my best to date, while 3 reasonable sales for this month so far is about my average.

With 30 million images available, and individual collections of a few thousand, there will be lean as well as good times. No doubt I will be feeding on humble pie some time soon!

Agree that the editor is a problem!

Sorry to rock the boat, but 44 rolling zooms is my best to date, while 3 reasonable sales for this month so far is about my average.

With 30 million images available, and individual collections of a few thousand, there will be lean as well as good times. No doubt I will be feeding on humble pie some time soon!

Agree that the editor is a problem!

41.21 million images (sorry to be pedantic - at those kind of figures, I guess it hardly matters!)

Anyhow - well done and rock away!  It's always good to hear something positive, but I'm going to sit in gloomy corner :( until I open up my socks and aftershave :D !

Monthly figures seem a bit short to look at a trend - last quarter (4 months to date) 37,000 views, 264 zooms, 87 sales (first two months averaged 30 sales a month - last two 15ish sales a month - so something seems to have kicked in) I can see that views and zooms have remained pretty consistent - but sales have dropped badly in last two months - sales values have as well. Just under 5,000 images - should get paid alright again this month but there is consistently $1,000 plus awaiting payment.

Fair number of Distributor and Scheming Newspapers payments under $10 so don't think I'm doing well, elsewhere Rex - rubbish Age one, direct sales still holding up for reasonable fees.

Interested to know whether others have matched the drop-off which seems to have started in August.....

This is commercial information and you are obliged to smash a club hammer through your monitor screen after reading......

I guess misery loves company...I've dropped from a depressingly low CTR to no CTR this week.  I have some images in QC that I'm hopeful will produce some zooms but I think its past time for a wholesale review and revision of my key words (for entire portfolio).

John.

It pays to moan! A zoom popped in yesterday making it SIX rolling zooms now! :) and CTR a heady 0.17!! :D

Still no sales though, and this despite a 25% increase in number of images this year alone.

John.

Can't say that I have noticed any great drops,zooms are steady but not huge,ctr consistent and currently at 0.54.Sales also ok,one last week for $150,same the week before and one this morning for $180,surrounded by a few over the last two weeks for the normal $30-$40 so,it's encouraging to see that reasonably priced licences are still to be had....

what's a rolling zoom? Is it different than a normal zoom?

The default view for the month to date under 'Your images' in AlamyMeasures 2.1.  So today that would be your zooms as recorded from 23rd September - 22nd October.

I don't have time to go into detail at the moment, but I see no indication in the stats available through "All of Alamy" that there has been any notable drop-off in customer activity, views, zooms, or CTR this month. My own zooms dropped from an average of more than 13 a month (from January through August of this year) to only a single zoom in September (by far my worst month for zooms since I've been keeping track), and October hasn't been much better. I really wish I could attribute this to some malfunction in Alamy Measures, but so far it looks like everything is working just fine. Sales for me have been normal, but I expect the drop in zooms will show up as a drop in sales some weeks or months down the road.

Zooms and sales (eight so far) have been evenly spaced for me this month. Haven't noticed any drop in either. Average price per image is up considerably from September (touch wood), which is encouraging. However, I've been "Awaiting QC" for exactly one month now, and there is no sign yet of release from purgatory. :(

37 zooms so far this month and 7 sales which is down on normal for me. Not including the last two months which were dire, July for example was 60 zooms and 12 sales - still a few more days of this month left though, I'm being optimistic!

Archived