Jump to content
  • 0
Allan Bell

Is this the longest waiting time for a submission to pass QC

Question

I uploaded 6 images on 1st of February. YES I know it was a Saturday and weekends don't count.

 

Today Friday 7th I received notification the upload had passed.

 

Boy was I sweating.

 

Allan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0
14 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I uploaded 6 images on 1st of February. YES I know it was a Saturday and weekends don't count.

 

Today Friday 7th I received notification the upload had passed.

 

Boy was I sweating.

 

Allan

 

 

 

had you checked in between if they had passed?  i went into QC at 5 passed midnite of Feb 1, and passed monday and have yet to receive an e-mail

 

 

but if yes, that would beat my longest of 5 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
24 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

 

 

had you checked in between if they had passed?  i went into QC at 5 passed midnite of Feb 1, and passed monday and have yet to receive an e-mail

 

 

but if yes, that would beat my longest of 5 days.

 

I'm finding that QC notifications, when I get them at all, now come several days after the images have passed. It must be a glitch in the new system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
18 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

 

 

had you checked in between if they had passed?  i went into QC at 5 passed midnite of Feb 1, and passed monday and have yet to receive an e-mail

 

 

but if yes, that would beat my longest of 5 days.

 

17 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

 

I'm finding that QC notifications, when I get them at all, now come several days after the images have passed. It must be a glitch in the new system.

 

Hello both. Yes I kept checking my "Dashboard". I do not rely on the emails from Alamy QC.

 

Allan

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I have received notice via my email that all my submissions on the last six sets have passed QC, but when I go to my Image Manager, these images still have the "Image in QC" restricting me from adding my tags etc. Advice please. 

 

Regards

 

Jonathan Farmer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

 

 

Hello both. Yes I kept checking my "Dashboard". I do not rely on the emails from Alamy QC.

 

Allan

 

 

i assumed you would have, just validating 🙂 

 

wow, that's long.  I'm back on QC this week end, i'll check how long it takes but yeah 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I uploaded a few on Sunday morning, they didn't go straight through under the 5* system but were passed by 10 am  Monday morning. the quickest images have ever passed.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
21 hours ago, BobD said:

I uploaded a few on Sunday morning, they didn't go straight through under the 5* system but were passed by 10 am  Monday morning. the quickest images have ever passed.

 

 

Uploads during the weekends are not checked anyway as far as I know. QC is a five day week.

 

Allan

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 07/02/2020 at 17:11, Allan Bell said:

I uploaded 6 images on 1st of February. YES I know it was a Saturday and weekends don't count.

 

Today Friday 7th I received notification the upload had passed.

 

Boy was I sweating.

 

Allan

 

 

Sometimes the email is delayed but the images have passed much sooner in the meantime anyway... did you log into AIM to check before receiving the email?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
13 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

 

Sometimes the email is delayed but the images have passed much sooner in the meantime anyway... did you log into AIM to check before receiving the email?

 

My earlier post in reply to meanderingemu said "Yes".

 

Allan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

 

My earlier post in reply to meanderingemu said "Yes".

 

Allan

 

 

 

This seems to fit the new statement in the AIM that "The better your QC rank, the faster your submission will be reviewed".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

 

My earlier post in reply to meanderingemu said "Yes".

 

Allan

 

 

Sorry..missed that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Matt, I can recall waits of a week or more back before there was a public QC rank. Indeed, there was a time when I hadn't had a rejection in years, but still had week-long waits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Currently waiting for a couple of batches submitted over the weekend, including some storm photos. Should have used the News route for them. Beginning to fear the worst, but Allan's experience shows that there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

 

Edit - passed this morning, panic over

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I think they must have a backlog as a batch I submitted yesterday morning only cleared this morning, I'm 5 stars and they have been clearing instantly.

 

John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I think Alamy QC must be having to double check all those images sent in of storm Ciara for SOLD.😀

 

Allan

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Stokie said:

I think they must have a backlog as a batch I submitted yesterday morning only cleared this morning, I'm 5 stars and they have been clearing instantly.

 

John.

 

that just seem like the normal 5 Star punctual review, which happens every 5 to 10 submission. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

 

that just seem like the normal 5 Star punctual review, which happens every 5 to 10 submission. 

 

You could well be right.

 

John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I submitted at 11:30 am US time and went through in a minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

 

😢😭😧😨😰😲  It's happening again.

 

Uploaded on Sunday. Still in QC today.

 

They must be minutely check every one of my images now.

 

Allan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
42 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

 

😢😭😧😨😰😲  It's happening again.

 

Uploaded on Sunday. Still in QC today.

 

They must be minutely check every one of my images now.

 

Allan

 

 

more likely it's a queuing thing based on Star level... 

 

 

(or outside events have made the staff more worried about other stuff. )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

(or outside events have made the staff more worried about other stuff. )

 

More like it.😭

 

Allan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
36 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

 

More like it.😭

 

Allan

 

 

I've gone through 3 takeovers, always as the being acquired,  i have a lot empathy towards Alamy employees at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Something's going on. Not only a QC delay but a number of my images uploaded over the last 48 hours were showing as a 'processing' black box, including some live news which thankfully did appear correctly in the news feed. That issue has righted this morning but still not passed.

Edited by Avpics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Avpics said:

Something's going on. Not only a QC delay but a number of my images uploaded over the last 48 hours were showing as a 'processing' black box, including some live news which thankfully did appear correctly in the news feed. That issue has righted this morning but still not passed.

 

Maybe trying to get the two individual computer systems to talk to each other.

 

Allan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I have 2/3 star rating and I'm still waiting for shots to be cleared (I have a 100% pass rate) that I submitted 3 days ago. ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.