Is this the longest waiting time for a submission to pass QC

Allan Bell

Question

I uploaded 6 images on 1st of February. YES I know it was a Saturday and weekends don't count.

Today Friday 7th I received notification the upload had passed.

Boy was I sweating.

Allan

14 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I uploaded 6 images on 1st of February. YES I know it was a Saturday and weekends don't count.

Boy was I sweating.

Allan

had you checked in between if they had passed?  i went into QC at 5 passed midnite of Feb 1, and passed monday and have yet to receive an e-mail

but if yes, that would beat my longest of 5 days.

24 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

had you checked in between if they had passed?  i went into QC at 5 passed midnite of Feb 1, and passed monday and have yet to receive an e-mail

I'm finding that QC notifications, when I get them at all, now come several days after the images have passed. It must be a glitch in the new system.

18 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

17 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I'm finding that QC notifications, when I get them at all, now come several days after the images have passed. It must be a glitch in the new system.

Hello both. Yes I kept checking my "Dashboard". I do not rely on the emails from Alamy QC.

Allan

• Love 1

21 hours ago, BobD said:

I uploaded a few on Sunday morning, they didn't go straight through under the 5* system but were passed by 10 am  Monday morning. the quickest images have ever passed.

Uploads during the weekends are not checked anyway as far as I know. QC is a five day week.

Allan

• Love 1

On 07/02/2020 at 17:11, Allan Bell said:

Boy was I sweating.

Allan

Sometimes the email is delayed but the images have passed much sooner in the meantime anyway... did you log into AIM to check before receiving the email?

13 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Sometimes the email is delayed but the images have passed much sooner in the meantime anyway... did you log into AIM to check before receiving the email?

My earlier post in reply to meanderingemu said "Yes".

Allan

Currently waiting for a couple of batches submitted over the weekend, including some storm photos. Should have used the News route for them. Beginning to fear the worst, but Allan's experience shows that there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

Edit - passed this morning, panic over

Edited by Bryan
  • Love 1

😢😭😧😨😰😲  It's happening again.

Uploaded on Sunday. Still in QC today.

They must be minutely check every one of my images now.

Allan

42 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

😢😭😧😨😰😲  It's happening again.

Uploaded on Sunday. Still in QC today.

They must be minutely check every one of my images now.

Allan

more likely it's a queuing thing based on Star level... 

(or outside events have made the staff more worried about other stuff. )

Something's going on. Not only a QC delay but a number of my images uploaded over the last 48 hours were showing as a 'processing' black box, including some live news which thankfully did appear correctly in the news feed. That issue has righted this morning but still not passed.

Edited by Avpics

2 hours ago, Avpics said:

Something's going on. Not only a QC delay but a number of my images uploaded over the last 48 hours were showing as a 'processing' black box, including some live news which thankfully did appear correctly in the news feed. That issue has righted this morning but still not passed.

Maybe trying to get the two individual computer systems to talk to each other.

Allan