Com'n Alamy...

Does it bother you to see a dark, grainy photo on Alamy's front page, several days in a row? Is that the best we can do, with 190 MILLION photos to pick? Com'n Alamy, this is your store front, pay a little attention please.

Edited by Gabbro
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 4

37 minutes ago, Gabbro said:

Does it bother you to see a dark, grainy photo on Alamy's front page, several days in a row? Is that the best we can do, with 190 MILLION photos to pick? Com'n Alamy, this is your store front, pay a little attention please.

Live News?

wim

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Sarah Moon did well out of Grainy photos. Some years ago! You could get somewhere near her technique with Kodak Recording film but I think she used an Agfa emulsion mostly,  I used the recording film rated at about 1,000 ASA shooting for a book back in 1972. That was when Kodachome was 25 ASA. I thought it looked pretty good as full and double page spreads, but most of the book was reduced in scale and so most of the images were reduced in size and just looked muddy.

Edited by Robert M Estall

4 hours ago, Robert M Estall said:

Sarah Moon did well out of Grainy photos. Some years ago! You could get somewhere near her technique with Kodak Recording film but I think she used an Agfa emulsion mostly,  I used the recording film rated at about 1,000 ASA shooting for a book back in 1972. That was when Kodachome was 25 ASA. I thought it looked pretty good as full and double page spreads, but most of the book was reduced in scale and so most of the images were reduced in size and just looked muddy.

Always thought David Hamilton did it better . . . I was a much younger man then I might add . . . 😉

DD

Harsh, but in my opinion:

You people really don't get it.....

While I did not like the way Alamy cropped the image and I don't like images posted without

the caption information, it is an important image in 2020 and I support Alamy promoting

"Photojournalism."  I did take a look at Guy Corbishley's work and was impressed.  How

many of you looked at the image full frame and looked at Corbishley's work? 

It is work like this that keeps me contributing to Alamy, it is threads like this that makes me question

if Alamy is the right place for my work.

Chuck Nacke

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chuck Nacke said:

it is an important image in 2020 and I support Alamy promoting

"Photojournalism."  I did take a look at Guy Corbishley's work and was impressed.  How

I fully agree with the above. Guy is a very capable hard working photojournalist, have admired his work for some time.

15 hours ago, Chuck Nacke said:

Harsh, but in my opinion:

You people really don't get it.....

While I did not like the way Alamy cropped the image and I don't like images posted without

the caption information, it is an important image in 2020 and I support Alamy promoting

It is work like this that keeps me contributing to Alamy, it is threads like this that makes me question

if Alamy is the right place for my work.

Chuck Nacke

Here Here....

Whilst there are very very many good stock photographers here, there are also quite a few with a very limited view of what editorial, press or photojournalism can and should be . 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

On 22/01/2020 at 11:00, Alamy said:

This image is from a feature set of the world's first hijab-wearing professional wrestler.

We are the only agency to hold pictures of this Malaysian champion, and usages resulted in UK National newspapers including the Guardian's most coveted Double Page Spread on Monday and the Sunday Telegraph. 

Alamy

Actually could we get more input like this on the images you select, and the reasoning 

• Love 1