November Challenge - "Empty" - Time to vote

meanderingemu

November Challenge - "Empty" - Time to vote   

41 members have voted

1. 1. Time to Pick. Vote for your favourite image from finalists in the November Challenge.... "Empty"

• KCTA0E- Michael Ventura: Empty wheelchair in an empty room
    • P468BY- Colin Woods: empties after a quiet night
    • PP616H- aphperspective: Empty and vandalised school classroom
    • JJAT7D- Matt Ashmore: Empty platform at Notting Hill Gate London Underground Station
    • C3AK32- Olivier Parent: Empty bed in a nursing home after somebody is gone
    • K4K8F7- Cecile Marion: Shelves emptied of bottled water before a hurricane, Gainesville, Florida.
    • P4P9DT- Alan Beastall: Hello, Live music now playing
    • FWXKK1- MariaJ: Diner on Whidbey Island, WA

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/12/19 at 22:59

47 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Honored to make the short list! Thank you!  A really good group of images here!

truly deserving.  i actually struggled to not also include your empty theater seats from above (i used one finalist by person as a culling method, picking is hard so much great work 😀).  that was a great point of view.  but the shadow of the wheelchair just made it so much more "empty"

• Love 1

Well this was an empty medical office so it was locked and secured.  The new tenant let me in to take some photos in there before they built it out for their needs....another medical office.

25 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

have to say, you probably found the least graffiti-ed vandalised room in the whole world.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

have to say, you probably found the least graffiti-ed vandalised room in the whole world.  

The rest of the class room and school had some pretty disgusting graffiti all over the walls, i chose not to endorse it.😐

3 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Well this was an empty medical office so it was locked and secured.  The new tenant let me in to take some photos in there before they built it out for their needs....another medical office.

Ack, thought Meanderingemu was referring to my shot....should have read all that more carefully.

9 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Ack, thought Meanderingemu was referring to my shot....should have read all that more carefully.

😉  well your shot was also low on graffiti, something hard to find.   i found this lovely abandoned mini golf course yesterday, but had no way of getting on angle without them in back, so now have some PS work scheduled. 

1 hour ago, Eden said:

Good selection...also really liked BobD's empty boat.

as i mentioned i had 20-25 images through the first go through,  then had to invent "culling rules" to get down to 8.  this was tougher than picking my best images to Alamy from a specific subject, i also struggled between criterias as i picked a subject that wasn't obvious in a Stock environment. 😉

Edited by meanderingemu

8 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

as i mentioned i had 20-25 images through the first go through,  then had to invent "culling rules" to get down to 8.  this was tougher than picking my best images to Alamy from a specific subject, i also struggled between criterias as i picked a subject that wasn't obvious in a Stock environment. 😉

Oh dear....I am so sorry  - There was no criticism intended at all. I think you made great selection.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Eden said:

Oh dear....I am so sorry  - There was no criticism intended at all. I think you made great selection.

no worries,  it was actually fun.  i spent the last few days going through the process.  actually it put me in mind of a customers who had typed "empty" as KW, and got all these totally different results, and had to start thinking, "what did i mean by Empty?"