Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
tinyninjacat

3 Photo Submission

Question

Hello Everyone:) This is a repeat of a question I posted this last Saturday... How many times does one have to submit 3 photos to be approved

by Alamy Quality Control? I have the email from Alamy, sent to me on August 22nd approving my 3 photos & welcoming me to Alamy - I took that to mean that I'd passed the test. But maybe not...? I've looked through the site & have not found any info - I will be the first to admit I might have overlooked something though:)

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Elizabeth - aka tinyninjacat

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
8 minutes ago, tinyninjacat said:

Hello Everyone:) This is a repeat of a question I posted this last Saturday... How many times does one have to submit 3 photos to be approved

by Alamy Quality Control? I have the email from Alamy, sent to me on August 22nd approving my 3 photos & welcoming me to Alamy - I took that to mean that I'd passed the test. But maybe not...? I've looked through the site & have not found any info - I will be the first to admit I might have overlooked something though:)

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Elizabeth - aka tinyninjacat

 

 

You will need to add captions and tags to your images next. On you dashboard page click on "Alamy Image Manager". After they have been captioned and tagged they should appear on sale after the next database update, usually after 24 hours.

 

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hello Elizabeth,

 

If your 3 photo's have been passed thats it, you're in. Good luck and

 

The next stage is to get them "For Sale"...

 

Try this:

 

Go to your dash board,

Click on ALAMY Image manager,

This should then show you your submissions.

I expect you will see your three pictures, but the little status box bottom right of each picture will be red, you have to turn this to on sale by completing the mandatory fields on the right hand side. Remember to save your changes.

It will take 24 hours or so for your images to be visible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 11:26, M.Chapman said:

 

You will need to add captions and tags to your images next. On you dashboard page click on "Alamy Image Manager". After they have been captioned and tagged they should appear on sale after the next database update, usually after 24 hours.

 

Mark

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Um..Thank-you:) Yes, I knew that.. I'm sorry, I guess I should have been more specific... I have submitted a few sets of 3 photos in the past,

and some of those photos would have been accepted but for the "all three photos must pass" rule. I'm trying to re-submit 2 photos, along

with a 3rd, new photo. 

Hmm... just thought of .... Maybe my laptop is doing something funky? Probably not - most likely its operator error... lol..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 23/09/2019 at 20:16, tinyninjacat said:

Hello Everyone:) This is a repeat of a question I posted this last Saturday... How many times does one have to submit 3 photos to be approved

by Alamy Quality Control? I have the email from Alamy, sent to me on August 22nd approving my 3 photos & welcoming me to Alamy - I took that to mean that I'd passed the test. But maybe not...? I've looked through the site & have not found any info - I will be the first to admit I might have overlooked something though:)

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Elizabeth - aka tinyninjacat

 

 

Hi tinyninjacat,

I'm a bit confused. It sounds like you have had your original 3 images approved by Alamy. But you're not able to upload more photos because you keep failing Alamy quality control (QC) with your subsequent submissions? Have you read Alamy's guidelines for passing QC?

 

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/guidelines-for-submitting-images/?section=3

 

You also don't have any images for sale yet, including the 3 that have passed QC. Go to "My Alamy", "Dashboard", then click on "Alamy Image Manager". All your approved images are there ready for keywording. There's lots of advice on this Forum about keywording. It's best to start doing it more or less right from the start rather than upload hundreds of pictures and then have to go back and change them all later.

 

Good luck,

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

There is much confusion here about what is happening to your submissions and what problems you are experiencing. You mention in another trhead having trouble moving around Alamy's site. Do you mean you are finding it confusing, or that you know what you want to do, but the site isn't responding? 

 

We also need to establish the state of play in your first submission of three photos. You say these were approved on 22nd August, in which case, as Mr Standfast says above, you need to caption and keyword them to get them on sale. Once that is done we will be able to see  your first three images from the forum.

 

A final basic question, if we ask you to go to your Alamy dashboard, can you do  that or do you need guidance in how to get there?

 

If you can provide answers to these basic questions then we might be able to help you further.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

The best I can gather, Elizabeth has submitted three photos at different times. One or more failed QC, and she assumes the ones that didn’t have a “fail” in each submission was a pass. So she’s looking for those to be on sale? Maybe? Is that right, Elizabeth?

 

The above guess may be 100% wrong. But on the outside chance what I surmise is correct, then...

Each photo of a 3 photo set must pass. If one fails, none are accepted by Alamy. Just because one of the three didn’t pass doesn’t mean the other two were accepted. Just the opposite, none were accepted.

Just because one of three failed, don’t assume there is nothing wrong with the other two. Alamy QC stops inspection when they find one that’s unacceptable. So you must go over the remaining ones carefully, looking for mistakes.

Be sure you are inspecting each image blown up to 100%. Look for spots in the sky. Look for chromatic aberration. (Color fringing at the edges). Make sure they are sharp at 100%. Make sure there’s no color cast or noise.

Set your camera on a tripod and take pictures of something simple. This isn’t the time to try to impress with anything but competency.

A book

A sleeping unmoving pet

A chair

A sandwich 

An apple

bunch of bananas

A vase....anything accessible to you. 

If you don’t have a tripod, then you’ll probably need to move outdoors.

flower

tree

steps

blanket with picnic basket

stack of bricks

flowers in a pot

bird bath....you get the idea. Shoot with the highest shutter speed you can while keeping ISO down to help with camera shake.

If what I deduced is wrong, please excuse me. I’m trying to help.

Betty

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I thought you needed to upload 4 images for your first submission?  Has it changed? 

Maybe that's the issue? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Marianne said:

I thought you needed to upload 4 images for your first submission?  Has it changed? 

Maybe that's the issue? 

 

It changed to 3 a while back. See the section entitled "For your first submission" on this page https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/alamy-quality-control/?section=5

 

Mark

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

The best I can gather, Elizabeth has submitted three photos at different times. One or more failed QC, and she assumes the ones that didn’t have a “fail” in each submission was a pass. So she’s looking for those to be on sale? Maybe? Is that right, Elizabeth?

 

The above guess may be 100% wrong. But on the outside chance what I surmise is correct, then...

Each photo of a 3 photo set must pass. If one fails, none are accepted by Alamy. Just because one of the three didn’t pass doesn’t mean the other two were accepted. Just the opposite, none were accepted.

Just because one of three failed, don’t assume there is nothing wrong with the other two. Alamy QC stops inspection when they find one that’s unacceptable. So you must go over the remaining ones carefully, looking for mistakes.

Be sure you are inspecting each image blown up to 100%. Look for spots in the sky. Look for chromatic aberration. (Color fringing at the edges). Make sure they are sharp at 100%. Make sure there’s no color cast or noise.

Set your camera on a tripod and take pictures of something simple. This isn’t the time to try to impress with anything but competency.

A book

A sleeping unmoving pet

A chair

A sandwich 

An apple

bunch of bananas

A vase....anything accessible to you. 

If you don’t have a tripod, then you’ll probably need to move outdoors.

flower

tree

steps

blanket with picnic basket

stack of bricks

flowers in a pot

bird bath....you get the idea. Shoot with the highest shutter speed you can while keeping ISO down to help with camera shake.

If what I deduced is wrong, please excuse me. I’m trying to help.

Betty

 

 

Great advice.   I would even add on option "if you don’t have a tripod, you can also find a nice flat resting surface (table, chair etc) to set your camera on". 

 and to reduce risk of shake further,  use the timer feature

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
14 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

 

 

Great advice.   I would even add on option "if you don’t have a tripod, you can also find a nice flat resting surface (table, chair etc) to set your camera on". 

 and to reduce risk of shake further,  use the timer feature

Great point. Lack of tripod can be gotten around. I often use a homemade beanbag in my window when shooting from my car. The beanbag was made from a denim jean’s leg (whatever length you want) and filled with bulk-sold pinto beans. A camera sat on it and using a timer indoors will work fine. You can shape the beanbag for tilting.

Betty

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
23 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

 

The best I can gather, Elizabeth has submitted three photos at different times. One or more failed QC, and she assumes the ones that didn’t have a “fail” in each submission was a pass. So she’s looking for those to be on sale? Maybe? Is that right, Elizabeth?

 

 

That's exactly what I thought too.

 

Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
16 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

It changed to 3 a while back.

It used to be 20 when I started. And they were upsized to 48MB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.