Q. What is Alamy Measures?
A. Alamy Measures is a feature we have that tracks the search habits of a core set of customers. It records searches, visits, views, sales and zooms. You can find this tool in My Alamy.

49 minutes ago, Thyrsis said:

Q. What is Alamy Measures?
A. Alamy Measures is a feature we have that tracks the search habits of a core set of customers. It records searches, visits, views, sales and zooms. You can find this tool in My Alamy.

Sales without recorded zooms are proof of this in my book, because I can't see how you could license an image without zooming it even if you wanted to.

11 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Sales without recorded zooms are proof of this in my book, because I can't see how you could license an image without zooming it even if you wanted to.

I havent ever tied to buy a photo on Alamy. I see what you mean its impossible to get the price etc and the use without a zoom.

Maybe some of those who enjoy the discounted buying regime can but my last sale was a simple private use only.

There again some of the private use only sales look very suspicious to me. Not the typical photo an individual would want.

Images that have been saved to a lightbox and get zoomed from within that lightbox are apparently not registered as zooms.

Also all images that have been searched by their Alamy ref ## get filtered out. Previously there were long lists of just ref ## every day. Including ones that were zoomed from the ref #. So my guess is that the filter cleans the zooms as well.

wim

5 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Nigel, most of my sales are of images that have not been zoomed. 

Same here. I wish my zooms did become sales. Last month had most images from a set that was originally a live news upload zoomed, and one image zoomed twice, never had that before.

13 hours ago, sb photos said:

Same here. I wish my zooms did become sales. Last month had most images from a set that was originally a live news upload zoomed, and one image zoomed twice, never had that before.

Last month we had an image zoomed 4 times before it sold for a travel brochure.

Edited by Thyrsis

A continuing trickle of zooms gives you that warm feeling that some people are at least taking a closer look and there may be a few sales coming. But the sales will as likely come from non-zoomed images. Interesting, but we're never going to know all the details. At some agencies, one has no idea at all.

This will sound like I’m lying. 

I’m not lying. The majority of my last sales (past 3 months) were zoomed.  And the licenses came fairly soon after the zoom. A few within a couple to 4 days.

I hesitated to post this. This isn’t the norm, though. Usually it’s like others here are reporting. 

Knocking on wood.

Betty