Bryan

Have you found any Alamy images in January 2019?

Michael Brooks     Syracuse Sicily cityscape, a rowing crew practise in the harbour (Porto Grande) of Ortygia (Ortigia), Syracuse, Sicily. - Image ID: JN2GCW

Bryan - thanks for spotting this!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

USA, Washingtonian magazine, Feb 2019 issue

Pg. 32, Boyz II Men, ZUMA Press, Inc

BOYZ II MEN 1997.Supplied by   Photos, inc.(Credit Image: © Supplied By Globe Photos, Inc/Globe Photos/ZUMAPRESS.com) Stock Photo

Pgs. 157-157, Silver Spring, Maryland, Philip Scalia

Outdoor ice skating rink and Majestic Theater, Silver Spring, Maryland. Stock Photo

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Thanks, Kay for notifying me of some #scottishsuninsta posts in November. I've just found one dated 13th September unreported, so I'll just check in case there are any more and report them all today.

Reported:

I have four unreported uses, dating November and September 2018, on the Scottish Sun Instagram account as listed on the attached unauthorised usage form.
There are many other Alamy pics on that feed, and from the forum, it appears that most (all?) of them have not been notified.

You need to pay more attention to the companies to which you allow access to unwatermarked files.
Also as I have repeatedly said, you need to take firmer action against those who abuse this facility.

I hope for a prompt resolution.

ABSOLUTELY!

Allowing self reporting customers full access to unwatermarked his res files, without automatically adding them to their bill is naive, and charging commision on these unauthorised uses is unacceptable, when the Photographer has done all the work (Taking, Uploading, Keywording, Finding and Reporting!).

I have had several hundred used in this way, and what makes the situation even worse is that they get billed at today's prices, and not the going rate at the time of use (often several years before), let alone not charging a punitive fee, for the lack of accurate self reporting.

Posted by Rob Cook

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

24/01/2019 Waitrose Weekend (print)

Barman cutting pieces of ham at El Rinconcillo, Seville's oldest tapas bar. AADB5Y Yadid Levy

Skyline view of young couple walking on the sky deck of Metropol Parasol, Seville. P35X4C Michael Brooks

Courtyard of the hotel Las Casas de la Juderia, Seville. B5D443 robertharding

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

https://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/property-news/happiest-place-to-live-in-the-uk-orkney-in-scotland-tops-halifaxs-quality-of-life-survey-2019-a127501.html

D87CNC  John Peter Photography

CR2EK9  Media World Images

A40M5E  Brian Lawrence

H626DP  Richard Smith

HGREA8  Elliot Crippen

CN60XW  Mark Kerry

R2JB95  Stuart Black

E79A8R  Purple Marbles Yorkshire

PRD5BT  David Richards

F04BEA  Travelinglight

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

9 hours ago, kay said:

I did wonder how you had managed to find 18!!!  I'd forgotten about the arrow if there are multiple images in one post - congratulations! bit of a bonus!  (but frustrating they seem to have been overlooked in the first place)

Yes, it took me three goes to find them all. A number of them had 2-4 images. It looks like the paper adopted a new approach of using Alamy/Alamy Live News/PA from around Spring/early Summer, and it would seem that none have been reported - I have images used from August onwards, none of which are reported.

• Like 1

Cheers John and Mike!

Times 28th

Roberton, Hawick, Scottish Borders, UK. 26th January 2019. The Duke of Buccleuch Foxhounds gather while flushing foxes to guns in the Hawick hills. The Scottish Government intends to make these hounds redundant by reducing the number of dogs allowed to flush foxes to two. Credit: Chris Strickland / Alamy Live News - Image ID: RFTE0R

St Petersburg, Russia. 27th Jan, 2019. Servicemen involved in a military parade held in St Petersburg's Dvortsovaya Square to mark the 75th anniversary of the lifting of the WWII Siege of Leningrad. Peter Kovalev/TASS Credit: ITAR-TASS News Agency/Alamy Live News - Image ID: RFTRHR

Aero Archive  Boeing HC3 Chinook. A Boeing HC3 Chinook helicopter from RAF Odiham lands at RAF Shawbury for a re fuel on route to its home station. The Chinook is an able and versatile support helicopter that can be armed with crew served weapons to provide self-defence, and can be operated from land or ship in such diverse environments as the Arctic, jungle and desert. Chinook aircraft are used for trooping, resupply, and battlefield Casualty Evacuation (CASEVAC), and for carrying internal and/or underslung loads. They can carry up to 55 troops (more, usually 24 to 40) and/or up to 10 tonnes of freight. - Image ID: M7TGP5

roger tillberg   ANGELA GUI doctoral student in history and daughter of the Swedish Chinese publisher Gui Minhai who was kidnapped by Chinese security service in Thail - Image ID: JD93A7

Brais Seara  Auschwitz, Lesser Poland / Poland - Feb 04 2018: Auschwitz Birkenau, Nazi concentration and extermination camp, barbed wire fence. - Image ID: M46Y4D

Aleksandr Davydov  Diverse people having lunch eating fast junk food. Close up hands diverse multi-ethnic students holding pieces of pizza sitting at table in cafe. Unhe - Image ID: R15G7W

Nature Photographers Ltd View of Lower Basildon on the River Thames from Hartslock Hill, Berkshire, Uk - Image ID: BFA7E5

Scottish Edition

Glasgow, Scotland, UK. 25th January 2019. Various scenes showing different views from around the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital. There have been 2 patient deaths reported recently which it is believed are linked to infections contracted through pigeon droppings. Credit: Colin Fisher/Alamy Live News - Image ID: RFHAMH

Malt whisky shop window display - can't find it

Business

Keith Morris  A young woman girl 'colleague' working selecting fillets of plaice on the fresh fish section of the fresh foods area at a branch of Tesco supermarket store UK - Image ID: HYKGGY

Peter Titmuss Traffic at a standstill Stationary vehicles on the southbound carriageway of the A34 trunk road close to Winchester Hampshire U - Image ID: AX4T9Y

Avalon/Construction Photography  BP Oil worker on Drilling rig, Caspian Sea, Azerbaijan - Image ID: P65PBW

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Guardian Online  27/01/19
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/jan/27/a-blue-to-light-your-home-and-your-gandt-james-wong
Krailurk Warasup    'Butterfly Pea' flower - Image ID: F4KJHD
Rimma Bondarenko     Healthy drinks, organic blue butterfly pea flower tea with limes and lemons, grey concrete background copy space - Image ID: MPCHDD

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Guardian Online  28/01/19
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/28/parachutists-to-fill-skies-over-normandy-on-75th-anniversary-of-d-day
Shawshots    WW2 D-Day British infantry leaving landing craft 1944 Normandy France Normandy Campaign a key role in the success of Operation Overlord, the Allied invasion of France in June 1944. - Image ID: R2BRF3

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

28/01/2019, Guardian, p9, members of Polish community in Stratford-upon-Avon procession 2014, DYX380, Jamie Gray
28/01/2019, Guardian, p25, Uzhhorod in Ukraine, APP9DY, Ivan Vdovin
28/01/2019, Guardian G2, p2, Anne Hathaway in Colossal, REX3JY, AF archive [Cropped. Alamy credit only]

Edited by SShep
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

21 hours ago, davidhu said:

24/01/2019 Waitrose Weekend (print)

Barman cutting pieces of ham at El Rinconcillo, Seville's oldest tapas bar. AADB5Y Yadid Levy

Skyline view of young couple walking on the sky deck of Metropol Parasol, Seville. P35X4C Michael Brooks

Courtyard of the hotel Las Casas de la Juderia, Seville. B5D443 robertharding

David,

thanks for picking this one up.

Michael

Guardian Online  
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2019/jan/25/sherborne-dorset-packed-with-stories-of-its-ancient-past
DWD-photo     Town centre, Sherborne, Dorset, England, UK - Image ID: KFEFM8
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2019/jan/26/tax-return-2019-guide-hmrc-deadline
Ian M Butterfield (Concepts)     UK tax return reminder and money - Image ID: CECT14
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2019/jan/28/ebay-buyers-return-mailing-label-scam-fraud
Alisha Arif     Hand holding a package bought on online auction - eBay - Image ID: HJEM4F

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Times 29th

Studland, Dorset, UK. 28th Jan, 2019. UK Weather. View from Studland of the sun rising up from behind Old Harry Rocks on the Dorset Jurassic Coast near Swanage. Picture Credit: Graham Hunt/Alamy Live News - Image ID: RG51YW

London, UK. 22nd Jan, 2019. Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell addresses support staff at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) represented by the Public and Commercial Services (PCS) union on the picket line after beginning a strike for the London Living Wage of £10.55 per hour and parity of sick pay and annual leave allowance with civil servants. The strike is being coordinated with receptionists, security staff and cleaners at the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) represented by the United Voices of the World (UVW) trade union. Credit: Mark Kerrison/Alamy Live News - Image ID: RER939

Lebrecht Music & Arts  Alexander the Great (20/21 July 356 BC – 10/11 June 323 BC). Death at age 32 from a sudden sickness, 323 BC. His soldiers pay their respects to him on his deathbed. Liebig collectors card, 1950 - Image ID: JF8YJJ

Billy Stock    Alliance Sculpture by Metais, St. Davids Shopping Centre, Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom - Image ID: D7TYKX

Ati tribesmen compete in the annual street dancing festival of Dinagyang in Iloilo City, Philippines. Some groups numbered as many as 350 participants  IMAGE GALLERY 2/ALAMY - can't find it

Scottish Edition

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom, 25, January, 2017. Scottish Green Party Co-convener Patrick Harvie on the way to a debate in the Scottish Parliament on a Labour motion rejecting the Scottish draft budget, © Ken Jack / Alamy Live News - Image ID: HK1HEF

Nik Bruining  Extreme close up of the human eye - Image ID: HRCNNR

Irish Edition

Stephen Power     Aughinish Alumina, Aluminum refinery plant, Shannon Estuary, Ireland - Image ID: BY1E8XR

Radharc Images    male cyclist cycling along oconnell street Dublin Republic of Ireland deliberate motion blur - Image ID: HWJMHF

Christopher Hill   Avondale House Wicklow Ireland - Image ID: B1MN37

World

Oswiecim, Poland. 27th Jan, 2019. Polish Far Right activists are seen attending a far right memorial march to pay tribute to the Poles who were killed at the former Nazi German Auschwitz-Birkenau death camp during the 74th Anniversary of Auschwitz Liberation.In November 2015, Piotr Rybak burned a puppet in the form of an Orthodox Jew during a far right propest in Wroclaw. Credit: Omar Marques/SOPA Images/ZUMA Wire/Alamy Live News - Image ID: RG25MP

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 13:50, Nigel Kirby said:

Guardian Online  
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2019/jan/18/birmingham-university-in-row-over-racist-treatment-of-non-eu-staff
Kumar Sriskandan     Birmingham University campus, students walking, Edgbaston Campus, Birmingham, UK - Image ID: D4J3N1

Many belated thanks for that spot, Nigel

kind regards

Kumar

• Upvote 2

Found on the BBC website:

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20190128-why-ida-lupinos-taboo-breaking-films-could-be-set-today

OUTRAGE, Mala Powers and Robert Clarke on set as director Ida Lupino checks camera angle, 1950 Stock Photo

Still phograph from the movie OUTRAGE, Mala Powers and Robert Clarke on set as director Ida Lupino checks camera angle, 1950

Photographer: Everett Collection Inc / Alamy Stock Photo

Finder: Adie

Image ID: HC2WPY

HIGH SIERRA, Ida Lupino, Humphrey Bogart, 1941 Stock Photo

Still photo from the movie HIGH SIERRA, Ida Lupino, Humphrey Bogart, 1941

Image ID: HCEDTM

NEVER FEAR, Sally Forrest, Ida Lupino, 1950, director on the set Stock Photo

Picture from NEVER FEAR, Sally Forrest, Ida Lupino, 1950, director on the set

Image ID: HC2C4T

OUTRAGE, Mala Powers, director Ida Lupino on set, 1950 Stock Photo

Pic from OUTRAGE, Mala Powers, director Ida Lupino on set, 1950

Photographer:  Everett Collection Inc / Alamy Stock Photo

Image ID: HC2WPX

LUST FOR GOLD, Ida Lupino, left, visited on-set by her second husband, writer and producer Collier Young, 1949 Stock Photo

Photograph from LUST FOR GOLD, Ida Lupino, left, visited on-set by her second husband, writer and producer Collier Young, 1949

Image ID: HC0KXB

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

On 27/01/2019 at 12:09, Cryptoprocta said:

Thanks, Kay for notifying me of some #scottishsuninsta posts in November. I've just found one dated 13th September unreported, so I'll just check in case there are any more and report them all today.

Reported:

I have four unreported uses, dating November and September 2018, on the Scottish Sun Instagram account as listed on the attached unauthorised usage form.
There are many other Alamy pics on that feed, and from the forum, it appears that most (all?) of them have not been notified.

You need to pay more attention to the companies to which you allow access to unwatermarked files.
Also as I have repeatedly said, you need to take firmer action against those who abuse this facility.

I hope for a prompt resolution.

I haven't had a reply from Alamy about this yet, which is unusual. I got the auto-reply, but not even an initial human reply, which usually appears within 24 hours.

Anyone else who reported get a human reply?

You're welcome Michael.

26/01/2019 Daily Mail Weekend (print)

Laburnum arch, Helmsley Walled Garden, Yorkshire. S25F8H Rachel_studio88/stockimo

The Temple of the Winds, Doddington Hall and Gardens, Lincolnshire. GR7JMD Lee Beel

Snowdrops at Hodsock Priory, Nottinghamshire. DTFKHR Tracey Whitefoot

Autumn berries on a Sorbus tree, var Chinese Lace. PYNKB8 Radim Beznoska

Hops isolated on a white background. C885MG Andril Gorulko

Fresh whole ingredients in front of a slow cooker pot. F16Y7F Rhowena MacCuish

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

I haven't had a reply from Alamy about this yet, which is unusual. I got the auto-reply, but not even an initial human reply, which usually appears within 24 hours.

Anyone else who reported get a human reply?

Funny cos I got a reply very quickly yesterday. Apart from the most recent one in January, they’ve all now been added to their log. Worth knowing that a typical news sale also covers social media use,; luckily that only applies to one of the ones I reported. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sally said:

Funny cos I got a reply very quickly yesterday. Apart from the most recent one in January, they’ve all now been added to their log. Worth knowing that a typical news sale also covers social media use; luckily that only applies to one of the ones I reported. 

Thanks Sally. I have the form on my HD, so I can send it again tomorrow if I don't get a reply.