Bryan

Have you found any Alamy images in January 2019?

2 hours ago, SShep said:

You're very welcome Pearl (another one below!), and thanks Bryan - one of mine in there
Steve

March 2019, Country Walking, p46, Llyn y Foel, D297N6, Realimage

ISSN:  09532757

Ah many thanks again Steve.  That isn't actually the reference number though as that's the one above mine but it doesn't matter.  I'll look out for the sale coming through.

Pearl

Sorry about that, it should have been E8THWG - inadequate cut & paste skills!

Steve

• Upvote 3

Found in the Sun, both pics by the same contributor

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/8325761/npower-to-cut-900-jobs-blames-energy-price-cap/

A man looks at his iPhone which displays the NPower logo, while sat at his computer desk (Editorial use only). Stock Photo

Photograph of a man looking at his iPhone which displays the NPower logo, while sat at his computer desk (Editorial use only).

Photographer: M4OS Photos / Alamy Stock Photo

Found by Adie

Image ID: R060HC

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/8320444/talktalk-email-down-customers-furious-broadband-phone/

A man looks at his iPhone which displays the TalkTalk logo, while sat at his computer desk (Editorial use only). Stock Photo

Photo of a a man looking at his iPhone which displays the TalkTalk logo, while sat at his computer desk (Editorial use only).

Photographer: M4OS Photos / Alamy Stock Photo

Found by Adie

Image ID: R060NX

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Just found one of my images in The Mirror which was published on Nov 1st. Part of a Live News set from the Beast from the East in March. The Mirror used another image at the time. As anticipated they are being resurrected for stories about No Deal Brexit. Typically, not yet reported.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/councils-warned-no-deal-brexit-13513238

tesco-haddington-east-lothian-scotland-u

Edited by Sally
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, SShep said:

Sorry about that, it should have been E8THWG - inadequate cut & paste skills!

Steve

Thanks for going to the trouble Steve.  Most kind.

Pearl

Guardian Online

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2019/jan/31/10-best-activity-holidays-worldwide-kayaking-cycling-hiking-travel-tips
HETA4D  Leon Werdinger Canoeing in the St. Regis Canoe Area of Adirondack State Park, New York.
BXKPY9  Ingolf Pompe 91 Kayaker, Elafonisi, Chania Prefecture, Crete, Greece

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

On 30/01/2019 at 12:37, SShep said:

30/01/2019, Guardian, p32, Aberdeen harbour, HWM9TP, Kay Roxby [No credit - poss not via Alamy

Sorry I'm a bit late (coincidentally have been up in Aberdeen!) but thanks Steven - good spot - it is Alamy :)

On 26/01/2019 at 17:59, kay said:

Scottish Sun instagram feed - scottishsuninsta        These have sometimes slipped through the reporting net for me, so probably worth keeping an eye on the feed, especially if you're photographing in Scotland and maybe also have a scroll through for any past ones (they sometimes use live news ones)

Images used in January

Highland Cow in field - looks like a crop of PR73EW  Espen Helland

Finnieston Crane & Squinty bridge at night - credited to Alamy but can't find it

Whisky barrels at Lindores Abbey Distillery R0HA8C  Iain Masterton

Hillend Reservoir, Scotland sunset  R0RT71  Egor Baliasov

River Clyde at night with SSE Hydro and multicoloured Clyde Auditorium - credited to Alamy but can't find it

Loup of Fintry sunrise PP9YGF  George Robertson

Stunning sunset over ruins at manish on the Isle of Harris in the Outer Hebrides of Scotland  R366FR  Helen Hotson

View at dusk of the new Queensferry Crossing bridge, Forth Road bridge and Forth Rail bridge from Port Edgar South Queensferry  R8WB15  Ian Rotherford

Night trails, of buses and tram, Princes Street, with Balmoral Clock ,Scott monument, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK  RBJ7P8  Sally Anderson

Yetholm, Kelso, Scottish Borders, UK. 16th January 2019. Jasmin Paris became the first woman to win the Montane Spine Race, and also broke the course record by 12 hours. The Montane Spine Race is widely regarded as one of the world’s toughest endurance races crossing the entire Pennine Way non-stop by foot in January.   Crop of  live news image RD4C1W  Chris Stickland

The entrance sign to The Barras market on a day of sunshine and showers  lapsed live news RC3KY7  Skully

Football pitch and recreation area in the grounds of former primary school in the district of Calton, Glasgow  RC25HW  Keith Lloyd Davenport

This is the majestic mountain of Ben Rinnes in Moray, near the whisky capital town of Dufftown, Scotland  lapsed live news RDDRY9  JasperImage

Actor and WaterAid Ambassador Dougray Scott looks at the 800 schoolbags laid by WaterAid on the steps of St Paul’s Cathedral  lapsed live news RERK65  Oliver Dixon

On 26/01/2019 at 18:03, Sally said:

Definitely worth keeping an eye on this, thanks for spotting Kay! Found another one further down - for which I did have a sale but wondering the print/online license also covers Instagram use.

Edit: make that two more found - and one in October for which a sale has never been reported.

Edit: make that three more found - and two not reported

Edit: it goes on....

Edit: this is ridiculous - so far going back  I've found 18 unreported uses

Make sure you also look at the extras within each image use - which I missed the first time around.

Any feedback from Alamy over these uses? I have one in there but unsure if I should wait the three months or report it now. 

55 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

Any feedback from Alamy over these uses? I have one in there but unsure if I should wait the three months or report it now. 

Alamy put all but  one used in January into the log for this month, including some November uses.

1 hour ago, Sally said:

Alamy put all but  one used in January into the log for this month, including some November uses.

Mine was used in December, I guess I can wait till end Feb-beginning March. Thanks

4 hours ago, Sultanpepa said:

Same as Sally - one from a while back was logged, and they said to wait for the others to come through in the usual way.  They said they were going to raise it with the Sun, so hopefully they should all come through ok.  Must just have been a complete oversight

3 hours ago, kay said:

Same as Sally - one from a while back was logged, and they said to wait for the others to come through in the usual way.  They said they were going to raise it with the Sun, so hopefully they should all come through ok.  Must just have been a complete oversight

And they keep on coming. Another one of mine, one from Pawel Pietraszewski, one from Skully and one from Ann McKelvie.

Edited by Sally

On 06/02/2019 at 22:49, Sally said:

And they keep on coming. Another one of mine, one from Pawel Pietraszewski, one from Skully and one from Ann McKelvie.

Any outcome from this?

27 minutes ago, Pietrach said:

Any outcome from this?

All of mine were invoiced last month except for the most recent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pietrach said:

Any outcome from this?

I reported one of mine a week ago and CR thanked me for doing so.  I was told it would be added to the log which will be sent to billing at the end of the month.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I just want to tell you guys how valuable your observations are. Two of mine, which you pointed out are in the Daily Mail, have not even shown up as sold, 4 months later. I have raised a query with Alamy, but I think it's only because of your effort that I will hopefully, eventually get paid. Thank you.

Edited by Susie K
  • Upvote 5

On 22/05/2019 at 08:01, Susie K said:

I just want to tell you guys how valuable your observations are. Two of mine, which you pointed out are in the Daily Mail, have not even shown up as sold, 4 months later. I have raised a query with Alamy, but I think it's only because of your effort that I will hopefully, eventually get paid. Thank you.

They have a long history of this. It's shocking that Alamy continues to allow them to self-report, and rewards them with the lower prices payable down the line, instead of penalising them for not keeping proper records.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1