Hi Thomas,

The middle one is Elizabeth Taylor I think as for the other I have no clue, try a google search for the motion picture magazine.

Hope this helps

Janet

Could the 3rd one be Magrit Nunke?  Her blouse has Magrit Nun... You may be able to see more if you zoom it.  I've googled her image and it may be her. Hope that helps.

Lynne

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

My money's on Joan Collins for no.2. A bit cheesy for Elizabeth Taylor.

That's right! Immediately, I thought Elizabeth Taylor, but at closer inspection it doesn't look like her.

1 hour ago, Lynne said:

Could the 3rd one be Magrit Nunke?  Her blouse has Magrit Nun... You may be able to see more if you zoom it.  I've googled her image and it may be her. Hope that helps.

Lynne

Thanks! Yes, Margit Nünke, definitely.

3 minutes ago, Simon Evans said:

Thanks! I just realized that the issue I linked to above (in the National Diet Library Digital Collections) was the wrong one – it was also no. 345, but from 1929.

2 hours ago, Thomas Kyhn said:

I'm not completely sure about Elizabeth Allan, though; her last movie was in 1958, so perhaps it's unlikely that she would be on the cover of a film magazine in 1963 – ?

Less likely, but not at all unlikely. 

22 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Yes, that's Miss Garbo. No, not Liz Taylor. Yes, Joan Collins. 

Ed, you have a picture of food, is it fish? Anyway, a plate on a turquoise and orange print tablecloth that has no caption or tags. Everything else around it is captioned and tagged. 

I caught this because I love to check out your food images. They always look so delicious, and I want to know what food I’m looking at.

Betty

2 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Ed, you have a picture of food, is it fish? Anyway, a plate on a turquoise and orange print tablecloth that has no caption or tags. Everything else around it is captioned and tagged. 

I caught this because I love to check out your food images. They always look so delicious, and I want to know what food I’m looking at.

Betty

PAK2XT

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

In fact I just deleted it, so it's still visible in my collection but I assume no longer searchable. My daughter in law cooked that tasty dish, but I couldn't live with the plastic table cover.  :wacko:

Ok, should have known you were on top of your game. It didn’t bother me, but I understand if it was a burr under your saddle. I almost forgot to finish one in AIM yesterday, because it was in the middle of some similars I was bulk assigning supertags. Thought that might have happened to you.

One thing I like about your collection is your sparse or lack of use of similars. Sometimes I’ll work a subject with different viewpoints...near, far, etc. Even so, I’m aware it could hurt CTR.

6 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Ok, should have known you were on top of your game. It didn’t bother me, but I understand if it was a burr under your saddle. I almost forgot to finish one in AIM yesterday, because it was in the middle of some similars I was bulk assigning supertags. Thought that might have happened to you.

One thing I like about your collection is your sparse or lack of use of similars. Sometimes I’ll work a subject with different viewpoints...near, far, etc. Even so, I’m aware it could hurt CTR.

My rule of thumb is/was to submit no more than 3 frames of a subject .  . but I do revisit and shoot the same thing again, especially landmarks. 

I still can't submit anything to Alamy; I've given up trying. 

I did not have a problem until I arrived in Montreal. And I've never had this problem before. Alamy tells me no one else is having it. I try uploading with Safari, Chrome and Firefox several times a day, but I have given up on trying to figure it out.  I don't understand it at all, Alamy doesn't understand it, and the Apple Store didn't understand it either.

Archived