Car Identification

Sally

1 hour ago, Sally said:

An old Ford,  but which model? Whether it was ever going to get out of its parking space is another matter. In Santiago, Chile.

old-ford-car-parked-in-street-santiago-c

Going by the first two images and the close proximity of the vehicle in front of the ford car you are talking about you must have a fantastic wide angle lens to be able to obtain the third image of the front of the car.:)

Allan

2 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Going by the first two images and the close proximity of the vehicle in front of the ford car you are talking about you must have a fantastic wide angle lens to be able to obtain the third image of the front of the car.:)

Allan

Aha, no taken at different times :).  I passed it several times on the way back to our hotel. There must have been a bit more room for the last image.

I shall send this to my Dad...he will probably come back with Make, Model, Year and let you know what options were available for the base model..lol

1 hour ago, MandyD said:

I shall send this to my Dad...he will probably come back with Make, Model, Year and let you know what options were available for the base model..lol

Maybe it’s his car....😊

Square headlights and the word Ford pressed in the grille:  1978-80

(75-77 have round ones and Ford in the chrome strip)

What would be the difference between a regular and a Ghia?

The Ghia has exclusive trim on the inside and the outside and added sound insulation says Wikipedia.

No idea what that would mean though. Was the vinyl roof available in the regular trim also?

Anyway it lacks the chrome side trim all Ghia's have. (Could have fallen off though.)

Oh and it's a Sedan as opposed to a Coupe.

wim

Archived